Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedScott W to Os / Fonotia to Scarlets

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scott W to Os / Fonotia to Scarlets
    Posted: 22 November 2017 at 4:51pm
Rumours around work with me that Scott W is 'nailed' on to join the Ospreys next season. Strange move if so.

Wil, can you confirm or deny? :)
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 4:56pm
Didn’t he nearly join them last season?
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by welshbenny welshbenny wrote:

Rumours around work with me that Scott W is 'nailed' on to join the Ospreys next season. Strange move if so.

Even if he could, I don't think he Wil

(sorry)
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by welshbenny welshbenny wrote:

I understand the concern but that is not a question for Wil. We will all get to know the situation when the time is right. We must trust Pivac and the team to do what is right for the collective good of the Scarlets. 
Havard Fan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:09pm
Can't see Mr Chips confirming or denying this, and don't blame him.

Just to say though it will be a big loss if true. Local Scarlets boy leaving for the O's. Doesn't sit right and never did when the likes of Mike Philips and Lee Byrne did it.

If he is going I hope its not due to the competition we have in the centre as the competition is vital for success.

I also hope this is not down to Pivac and co looking to build a non Welsh international spine to the team, of which Parkes has been a major player for us in the past. We still need to retain our Welsh internationals but agree we need to add to this.

Gobeitho ma hwn yn anghywir.

Edited by Havard Fan - 22 November 2017 at 5:10pm
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:12pm
Does not make sense rugby wise if he getting more money can't blame him.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

Just to say though it will be a big loss if true. Local Scarlets boy leaving for the O's. Doesn't sit right and never did when the likes of Mike Philips and Lee Byrne did it.

If he is going I hope its not due to the competition we have in the centre as the competition is vital for success.

I also hope this is not down to Pivac and co looking to build a non Welsh international spine to the team, of which Parkes has been a major player for us in the past. We still need to retain our Welsh internationals but agree we need to add to this.

I don't really like to use the words "not down to" which infers its Wayne's fault. If Scott leaves due to competition from Parkes and  there is nothing new there is there-its called competition and the challenge is to sort it out/fight it  not quit, so I cannot accept that from Scott. On the other hand I can well understand a player needing a new challenge especially when a young man but moving 8 miles up the road would be rather odd new challenge as opposed to England or France but then he may be a right 'home bird' -so truth be told who knows. Lets wait and see...Its Scott's life and decision not ours. Yes Philips moving was very poor at the time and Byrne, well ...money counted and still does to some from reading the serialised stuff in his book!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Havard Fan Havard Fan wrote:

I don't really like to use the words "not down to" which infers its Wayne's fault. If Scott leaves due to competition from Parkes and  there is nothing new there is there-its called competition and the challenge is to sort it out/fight it  not quit, so I cannot accept that from Scott. On the other hand I can well understand a player needing a new challenge especially when a young man but moving 8 miles up the road would be rather odd new challenge as opposed to England or France but then he may be a right 'home bird' -so truth be told who knows. Lets wait and see...Its Scott's life and decision not ours. Yes Philips moving was very poor at the time and Byrne, well ...money counted and still does to some from reading the serialised stuff in his book!

Sorry, I can't really tell if you have reacted negatively to my comments or agreeing with me. My 'down to' comment was a thought I had linked to Wayne's comments recently about wanting to build a spine of the team of non-welsh internationals who will play during the Autumn and 6 nations. As I said I hope its NOT down to this.

I also agree that it's Scott's life and he can play where he wants.

Owen111 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:35pm
Friend who is v close with a member of SW family messaged me a week or so back to say Scott Williams, Aled Davies and George North were nailed on for a move to Ospreys. 

Hoping the first 2 aren't true. 
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:37pm
I for one, will be devastated if Scott were to move over the bridge. 

I really can't see this happening.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

Friend who is v close with a member of SW family messaged me a week or so back to say Scott Williams, Aled Davies and George North were nailed on for a move to Ospreys. 

Hoping the first 2 aren't true. 

Hope so too. Ideally like the 3 scrum halves on our books. All offer something different. In reality though, Aled will be easily first choice at the other 3 region's so don't blame him. It's probably best for him and Wales.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:47pm
I'd be gutted if Scott left us. Especially when next year we may be at our strongest up front for many years. Scott is one of the players who would be high up on the list of must retain players. We need to keep as many of our Championship side together as possible, lost Sanjay, DTH, Barclay, Beirne already. Its that continuity and team spirit that got us a title. Scott is one of our leaders. Not happy with this rumour.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 5:54pm

Pivac did state at yesterdays conference that the Scarlets were close on re-signing Scott and Cawdor be absolutely gutted if Scott was to leave .
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 6:03pm
As far as is admitted publicly the Dragons are only showing an interest in signing Moriarty, so even that is not certain and there's probably a lot of wheeling and dealing going on. I doubt if the rumours regarding Scott are even that advanced and I for one think it would be bad for him and us. The same goes for Aled. George North is an entirely different matter and like Moriarty I won't be too concerned if we don't make a move for him. We are not setting up a convalescent home for recovering Wales squad players, injured elsewhere. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 6:05pm
No way. Male cow droppings.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 6:08pm
Donald Trump is always complaining about fake news, now it's spread to West Wales!
Keep the faith
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 32>
  Share Topic