Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No. 8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

In Tuafua's highlights reel, his first try comes from a pop pass from Johnny McNicholl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHpCXg6NNIw

Sorry - this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEwK-oJK2Q

Sponsored Links

Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 3:20pm

In Tuafua's highlights reel, his first try comes from a pop pass from Johnny McNicholl.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHpCXg6NNIw

Sorry - this is the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goEwK-oJK2Q

You can't see it there but Fonotia had just come into the field a few minutes before the try replacing Crotty.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 3:48pm
Taufua looks to me a similar type of player to Ross Moriarty, fast, aggressive and with very good skills. Although not really a great ball-carrier (-hasn't really got the size) he would have two big advantagesover Moriarty  -we wouldn't lose him for half the year when he was playing for Gatland and-
as far as I know he hasn't got an injury which will almost certainly be aggravated in collisions.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 4:03pm
According to the official stats Taufua is around 108 kgs - 6 kgs bigger than Moriarty. Both are real handfuls going forward but Taufua would always get my nod because of his extra bulk & the priceless fact that he would be available all year.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

According to the official stats Taufua is around 108 kgs - 6 kgs bigger than Moriarty. Both are real handfuls going forward but Taufua would always get my nod because of his extra bulk & the priceless fact that he would be available all year.

But as we have seen time and time again, size is only part of it. Lydiate is a big lad but cannot burst through tackles. You can put a 6'4" 20st slug in there and he would be useless. I don't know much about Taufua but if he can bring as least as much dynamism as Moriarty, then that would be ideal.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 5:15pm
Yes it's speed/acceleration as well as weight for most of the great ball carrying forwards. Of course Steff almost always breaks the gain line and gets through the first tackle with a shimmy and acceleration.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 6:24pm
https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/80318099/jordan-taufua-resigns-with-the-crusaders-for-two-years

That was 2016, smoke without fire maybe
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/80318099/jordan-taufua-resigns-with-the-crusaders-for-two-years

That was 2016, smoke without fire maybe

Contract ends after this coming 2018 Super Rugby season I think or possibly the mitre cup right after.

Funnily enough, he reminds me a lot more of Boyde (a heavier version obviously) than Moriarty.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 7:27pm
The highlights video suggests to me that he is a lot quicker than Boyde with excellent acceleration. He doesn't look all that bigger than Boyde.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 7:27pm
So is there any truth to this rumout about Taufua, or has a Scarletfever-ite just posted any old thing that comes into their head? Who started this? And what is their source?
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

The highlights video suggests to me that he is a lot quicker than Boyde with excellent acceleration. He doesn't look all that bigger than Boyde.

He's taller and heavier but agree he doesn't look all that big. Moriarty certainly looks bulkier.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 7:42pm
But as we have seen time and time again, size is only part of it. Lydiate is a big lad but cannot burst through tackles. You can put a 6'4" 20st slug in there and he would be useless. I don't know much about Taufua but if he can bring as least as much dynamism as Moriarty, then that would be ideal.

I'll introduce you to Nick Williams next time you're in Kairdiff
Wink
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:09pm
I've seen more of Taufua than of Moriarty but I'd say he's way more dynamic than Moriarty. Has a lot more variety to his game also, and has played 6-7-8 for Crusaders if memory serves well. But mostly 6, which is not surprising considering they've got Read.

I'd be over the moon if we get him.

Edited by Exkixu - 13 December 2017 at 8:10pm

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:20pm
Perhaps theyโ€™ll be on sale, buy 1 get 1free, now Iโ€™d be happy with that ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Would be worth waiting for.
GreyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:28pm
I cannot think of a faster way of ruining my day than to link the name of a thug like Nick Williams with the Scarlets.

He is a very talented thug, but is a thug first and foremost.
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 8:28pm

So is there any truth to this rumout about Taufua, or has a Scarletfever-ite just posted any old thing that comes into their head? Who started this? And what is their source?
usual forum poo I think.and we mock the rumours coming out of dave parade.Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic