Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:02am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Let’s please be real he was 4th choice fly half and at least third choice full back good player but not huge loss really

Well that's an interesting comment...particularly if you consider  1) that Liam is going, 2)there are still major concerns over halfpenny's fitness 3) there seems to be ongoing concerns about Patchells reliability and fitness 4) McNichol(maybe rogers) could well be in the wales squad for a  fair portion of season.
5) if our luck with injuries continues , we need players like O'Brian who can play in at least one or two positions, is a real bonus.

My own view on him is, that the the theory that Dan is a better kicker and controller, and angus better runner is an interesting one. Whether Angus has had enough opportunity to develop his game, is another thing.
One thing is for certain, is that he will be missed, and he always gave 100% for the scarlets.
I wish him the best of luck for the future, and offer many thanks for his contribution here at parc

I'll 2nd that.Clap
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:12am
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Let’s please be real he was 4th choice fly half and at least third choice full back good player but not huge loss really

Well that's an interesting comment...particularly if you consider  1) that Liam is going, 2)there are still major concerns over halfpenny's fitness 3) there seems to be ongoing concerns about Patchells reliability and fitness 4) McNichol(maybe rogers) could well be in the wales squad for a  fair portion of season.
5) if our luck with injuries continues , we need players like O'Brian who can play in at least one or two positions, is a real bonus.

My own view on him is, that the the theory that Dan is a better kicker and controller, and angus better runner is an interesting one. Whether Angus has had enough opportunity to develop his game, is another thing.
One thing is for certain, is that he will be missed, and he always gave 100% for the scarlets.
I wish him the best of luck for the future, and offer many thanks for his contribution here at parc
Not really Halfpenny Mcnicoll Nicholas and Rogers at 15 in front of  him at 10 Patchell Jones and Costellow are clearly preferred.
Angus has been with us a number of years and failed to impress a number of different coaches to get regular start so just being realistic. I hope it works out for him back at Dragons. For his sake hopefully the charlatan that is Dean Ryan has gone before he starts there. 

Edited by Why - 05 May 2022 at 7:14am
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 9:15am
Teams don't really want to be spending reasonably money on 4th/5th choice players, especially backs as it's easier for academy players to step into those positions. O'Brien leaving makes complete sense to me from a rugby perspective, in particular in view of us reducing our squad size.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 9:28am
So next year in theory   the following will all be up for grabs north cuthbert giles watkin k williams collins anscombe webb smith thomas lake parry francis botha awj beard r davies lydiate griffiths tupric deaves morgan morris and roots who do we fancy adding?
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:20am
As in up for grabs if a region gets cut? They'd be up for grabs outside of Wales but the remaining teams wouldn't be able to increase the cost of their squads if the funding reported is correct.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:20am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

So next year in theory   the following will all be up for grabs north cuthbert giles watkin k williams collins anscombe webb smith thomas lake parry francis botha awj beard r davies lydiate griffiths tupric deaves morgan morris and roots who do we fancy adding?

And poor old Jac Morgan and his Ospreys fanatic dad will be back at Parc y Scarlets unless they'd prefer Cardiff or the Dragons.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:26am

Beard and Collins. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:29am
Collins hasn't impressed me at all really, granted he had his best game of the season against us but he has been very meh for the Ospreys. 

I'm not sure it will be as easy as simply picking players but if Ken is struggling to come back I would take Lake in a heartbeat.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Collins hasn't impressed me at all really, granted he had his best game of the season against us but he has been very meh for the Ospreys. 

I'm not sure it will be as easy as simply picking players but if Ken is struggling to come back I would take Lake in a heartbeat.
Good squad and utility player.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 10:50am
If we merged would we get first pick on that lot? Some handy players in there in fairness. If they are culled i suppose they could go anywhere? Can you close a region and still have the 60 cap rule?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 4:01pm

Reffel.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Gastric Band View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gastric Band Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 5:20pm
When I see that there are new posts on tnewsday signings I get a little surge of excitement.  When I see what the posts are usually about (everything other than signings) I think why can't posters start a new thread or put it on a relevant thread. Then I can choose to ignore it if I'm not interested. 
Gastric
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Gastric Band Gastric Band wrote:

When I see that there are new posts on tnewsday signings I get a little surge of excitement.  When I see what the posts are usually about (everything other than signings) I think why can't posters start a new thread or put it on a relevant thread. Then I can choose to ignore it if I'm not interested. 
But you posting that meant that I thought there was a new signing and got excited Confused
… long may the cycle continue
Gastric Band View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gastric Band Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 7:46pm
ClapClapClap
Gastric
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 12:51pm
Anyone know if we can expect anything further in terms of signings?
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Anyone know if we can expect anything further in terms of signings?

Re-signing announced today, who knows about new signings though. Doesn't sound like there's much in the pipeline.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 389>
  Share Topic