Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets & Macron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets & Macron
    Posted: 16 January 2018 at 10:02pm
Crys 16 represented members at a Scarlets & Macron workshop last week.

Members should now have received comprehensive notes of this meeting via email.
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 10:05pm
Good clear explanation.

After post match pics, will they be launching the Scarlets Bulbring Budgie Smugglers?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Good clear explanation.

After post match pics, will they be launching the Scarlets Bulbring Budgie Smugglers?

Well as the notes explain there is another workshop in March. Should you wish your idea to go forward then please let CRYS16 know.

A word of caution, they may require a model for the range ? What are you doing in April/May ?

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 11:11pm
Really good stuff Crys. We need more of this. I still think many supporters will not get their heads around there being no Adult shirts from about, what, late November, with the season not even half way through. Can’t see how they can gloss over that issue . It’s poor show from Macron and I am very sorry for those fans who will miss out 🙁 mustn’t happen next year.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2018 at 11:12pm

Good clear explanation.

Bullfinch smugglers surely not Budgies? 😉
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 7:20am
Could also be Bulbring Boerwors Smugglers too, though maybe that’s one more for the overseas market.

Availability severely limited for April/May modelling duties. Think there is more than enough local talent to fill that particular role. 😎
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 8:35am
I just cannot understand that we (should) have our biggest crowd of the season (& arguably the biggest match at PYS) on Saturday & we will have no adult shirts available....
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 8:43am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I just cannot understand that we (should) have our biggest crowd of the season (& arguably the biggest match at PYS) on Saturday & we will have no adult shirts available....

Your answer is here, taken from the Macron notes,

However, the demand for adult replica kits was much higher than anticipated based on the figures provided by the Scarlets and the previous kit suppliers resulting in these selling out. Unfortunately, due to a mixture of reasons (including where the kit was manufactured in order to have the kit available in May) Macron are unable to order any further replica kit this season.

Sales have exceeded expectations I would imagine this based on our success last season. Matchday attendances are up as is income in general.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 8:49am
When the order went in, no one could’ve predicted,that we’d win away in Dublin on successive weekends and lift the title.

At that same time, there was no prospect of that supreme marketing gift & crowd attraction, Leigh Halfpenny, joining.

So, you can understand how we’ve got where we are and also be certain virtually all the lessons will have been learned for next season and beyond.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 9:00am

When the order went in, no one could’ve predicted,that we’d win away in Dublin on successive weekends and lift the title.

At that same time, there was no prospect of that supreme marketing gift & crowd attraction, Leigh Halfpenny, joining.

So, you can understand how we’ve got where we are and also be certain virtually all the lessons will have been learned for next season and beyond.

I guess that is the main thing...
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 9:30am
I've read the email, but I still find it ridiculous that there were no replica shirts in the shop for Christmas.

To me it's embarrassing and in any other industry if a company couldn't keep up supply of anything if there was a big demand - they wouldn't last long!!

Its amateurish at best, at worst its total incompetence on Macron's part.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 10:06am
You'd think they could look at getting more L and XL in guessing they are the most popular sizes at least and they'd certainly sell this stock as they haven't had any since November! Months to go and big games ahead there is money to be made macron and fans to please.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 10:12am
I would like to think that we could find a way of getting some more stock, by hook or by crook, if we get a home QF.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 10:19am
I think if we all read Wil Chips very informative reports again on this about the complete process of ordering stock it gives you all the technical answers. The damaging wound here was done when Macron in liaison with I assume Dave Stock at the Region decided on the amount of stock to acquire last autumn for delivery nice and early in May and it then became fatally injured due to the manufacturers that Macron chose where production of extra stock was going to be an issue for some reason .As to why I certainly don’t know but there definitely seems to be no chance at all of any more jerseys so we have to accept tha and move on t, whilst obviously not liking it ! There is other Scarlets kit on sale still remember.👍
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 10:22am
I wonder if shirt sponsors are happy with the situation?
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2018 at 10:38am
I have a degree of sympathy for Macron.

If they based their projections on previous sales, then we all know how many jerseys Kooga had left over.

They were selling them for £15.

But perhaps someone should've noticed the strong sales in August and reacted.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic