Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 445>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 4:54pm
...and ‘co-funded’...whatever that means...
Sponsored Links

thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 5:14pm
[QUOTE=Wil Chips]...and ‘co-funded’...whatever that means...[/QUOTE
A private investor paying his  costs.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

...and ‘co-funded’...whatever that means...

In Ireland, private investors subsidise wages. The company paying towards RG Snyman aren’t exactly happy at the moment. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 1:56pm
That’s an interesting way of funding very large and expensive teams, I’m surprised that Saracens haven’t tried that one yet, maybe they have.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

That’s an interesting way of funding very large and expensive teams, I’m surprised that Saracens haven’t tried that one yet, maybe they have.

I think the salary cost is still reported as a salary (so in Sarries case would count towards the cap) but the provinces receive income to offset the cost.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 6:03pm
Crys co fund some academy boys then 😎
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 6:05pm

The Ospreys can announce hooker Todd Gleave has been signed on loan from Gloucester for the rest of the season.

Gleave, 25, has made 20 appearances for the Cherry and Whites and previously played for London Irish in the Premiership.

Hookers Dewi Lake (ankle) and Scott Otten (neck) will miss the Rainbow Cup due to injury and have been ruled out for the rest of the campaign.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2021 at 6:23pm
Lewis Evans to retire.

236 games for them. Proper good innings fair play.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2021 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Lewis Evans to retire.

236 games for them. Proper good innings fair play.

Unsung hero. 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2021 at 11:47pm

Connacht have announced the signing of Brumbies back-three player Mack Hansen on a two-year deal.

Hansen, who first played for the Brumbies in 2019, has played for the Australian U20s team but is also eligible to play for Ireland thanks to his mother, who is originally from Cork.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2021 at 6:30pm
Apart from AWJ that’s pretty much a full strength Ospreys side out tonight.

Blues a little more experimental. Score reflects that. 24-0 after 50 mins.

Sadly George North has probably lost his Lions lot with a nasty looking knee injury. Hope not of course, but for me it had all the hallmarks of an MCL or ACL injury.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2021 at 9:20pm
Looked a bad one tbh, blues team selection seems bizarre with no european rugby to focus on. V odd. Protheroe smith and phillips all v good for osprets, robinson good off bench for blues

Edited by RR1972 - 24 April 2021 at 9:22pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2021 at 5:38am
I thought the Blues got it right tbh. Debut for a few guys, try out a few new combos.

Ospreys selection was the odd one. Just AWJ short of their first choice available XV.

These games are instantly forgettable and should be try to give players short of game time a run, and blooding a few rabbits.

Our selection is decent.

Edited by Wil Chips - 25 April 2021 at 5:38am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2021 at 7:07am
Yes Wil I agree. Dai Young made reference to his selection pre game saying that he wanted some of the boys who had worked very hard with not much game time to have their chances. He will have been pleased with young Llewelyn for sure who looks a decent prospect & seeing Lane starting at 13 may be a sign of his future role. 

So sorry to see George suffer what looks like a season ending injury. One of the highlights for me of a pretty forgettable season has been his return to form. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2021 at 9:27am
Not sure phillips botha and the half backs are first choice for the ospreys tbh. I thought the blues should have at least started the likes of carre and robinson. Sorry will i just re read you said availAble xv fair point👍

Edited by RR1972 - 25 April 2021 at 9:34am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2021 at 11:56am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Not sure phillips botha and the half backs are first choice for the ospreys tbh. I thought the blues should have at least started the likes of carre and robinson. Sorry will i just re read you said availAble xv fair point👍

Yes RR Carre seems to have dropped off the radar. What has happened to Ellis' comeback?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 215216217218219 445>
  Share Topic