Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 8:29am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Stormsrs wore the dragons down. At full strength these bok sides will be too poweful for the regions. Wait untill they get home games in sa

Yes RR they are starting to look ominous. You can rely on them to have a well drilled scrum & lineout with plenty of willing carriers. Once they get their Springbok players back they are going to be formidable. Add in an array of very quick back 3 players and you have a dangerous mix. 
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Wow the Ospreys are going to Benneton with a very under strength side!

Are you being comical ?  That's a very strong 15 packed with quality and experience.  

I think their side last week was stronger for me.

Not quite I think.😋
Keep the faith
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 4:41pm

Wow the Ospreys are going to Benneton with a very under strength side!

Are you being comical ?  That's a very strong 15 packed with quality and experience.  

I think their side last week was stronger for me.

Not quite I think.😋
 I may have gloated too soon, Benetton fighting back big time.
Keep the faith
London Scarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 5:02pm
Good game in Treviso. Not sure what the decision should have been at around the 78 min mark. Ospreys player taken out in the air but as a result of a collision between two players beforehand, could easily have been a Benetton penalty for a shove from Ospreys player.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 5:08pm
Very good 5 points for the Ospreys.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:35pm
Best game webb has had in ages. Ospreys limited but gutsy big win for them that. Blues good win to

Edited by RR1972 - 16 October 2021 at 10:37pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 8:52am
Really enjoyed that Benetton game. Benetton's pack are a real handful which is not very encouraging for next week. Their scrum started well but in fairness to the Ospreys they steadied the ship & defended like dervishes in the first 25 minutes which, in the end, got them their win. Webb played very well fair play & the Benetton midfield defending will give Gustard some sleepless nights. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 3:57pm
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/pro14/urc-needs-to-take-action-after-inexcusable-tmo-error-connacht-coach-andy-friend-40958352.html

Brian McNiece at it again!!!!

What is also scandalous is that the league do not have a referee manager!

What happened to Greg Garner??? 

Edited by minded - 18 October 2021 at 5:20pm
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/pro14/urc-needs-to-take-action-after-inexcusable-tmo-error-connacht-coach-andy-friend-40958352.html

The link didn’t work for me. What’s the essence? Home team won due to TMO?

Edited by minded - 18 October 2021 at 5:20pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Chip ahead by Scannell of Munster, controlled by Tadgh Beirne, Cloete scores.. 

Both Cloete and Beirne were clearly in front of the kicker. On screen replay before conversion clearly showed this. However not looked at by ref or TMO.

Friend, the Connacht coach most unhappy, and doesn't know who to turn to as the league do not have a head of referees. Getting a joke now. Every week there are basic errors being made by match officials. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 5:49pm

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Chip ahead by Scannell of Munster, controlled by Tadgh Beirne, Cloete scores.. 

Both Cloete and Beirne were clearly in front of the kicker. On screen replay before conversion clearly showed this. However not looked at by ref or TMO.

Friend, the Connacht coach most unhappy, and doesn't know who to turn to as the league do not have a head of referees. Getting a joke now. Every week there are basic errors being made by match officials. 
Thanks Gareth.

Would you say there was a connecting theme with these errors/oversights?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 5:59pm
The referee for the Osprey game got it badly wrong at the end. Have a penalty against the Benneton 14 for taking player out in air despite saying he was pushed without the ball by an Osprey player,  which caused him to have contact with the other Osprey player in the air. If he didn’t do intentionally and he was pushed without ball how can it be penalty for taking player in the air. Could have gone the other way and they only get draw. 
Apart from that the SA referees are a huge upgrade on the dross we have had to suffer over the last few years. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 6:00pm
Empathy with the ref. Bewilderment about the TMO.

There’s a theme around TMO’s either being unable or unwilling to adjudicate evidence of foul play.

This is occasionally added to by Director’s not showing, or not able to show, all the available angles of a possible transgression.

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 8:22pm
The problem is made worse now by the fact that Greg Garner stepped down from his role at the end of last season and the league haven’t replaced him, and don’t look like replacing him.  This means that there is no accountability for referees / TMOs and their actions (including Mr McNiece yet again).
The only glimmer of hope (in my humble opinion) is the fact that the SA coaches, the Connacht coach and a lot of well respected Pundits / ex players are now highlighting the issue in the full glare of the TV screens.
The criticism of the referee and TMO over the awarding of the Munster try at the weekend will not sit well with the URC and the officials.
Just a thought, Nigel Owens isn’t afraid to speak out against refereeing decisions and to criticise where he feels officials have got things wrong, he also explains his understanding of the rules and referees interpretations well, and is very good with the media and is well respected the world over.  He (in my humble opinion) would make an excellent head of referees for the URC, and would hopefully put an end to the shambolic officiating that has been the downfall of the league (in its many guises) over the past decade. 

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 10:01pm
Are the Dragons the best side in Wales currently?

Edit: didn’t realise they lost to the Os

Hard to say given how bad they were in that loss to the Sharks but I guess the table/results don’t lie and the Os are the best in Wales atm 

We are comfortably 4th imo- got a long season ahead

Edited by dyniol53 - 18 October 2021 at 10:05pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2021 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Are the Dragons the best side in Wales currently?

Edit: didn’t realise they lost to the Os

Hard to say given how bad they were in that loss to the Sharks but I guess the table/results don’t lie and the Os are the best in Wales atm 

We are comfortably 4th imo- got a long season ahead
We aren’t comfortably worse than the Dragons. None of the other Welsh sides have played Munster or Leinster yet 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 445>
  Share Topic