Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 445>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 10:35am
It will be a huge effort to get anything out of the game as they have only conceded 290 points this season compared to our 508 points! 
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 10:47am
Nsw beat the crusaders the aussie teams doing a lot better in super rugby this year
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:07am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

The ospreys pack is good and they have been able to turn the libery into a bit of a fortress this year won 7 home games including vs ulster and munster. On the road they don’t just lose they get stuffed, they don’t strike me as a top 8 team but they will give most teams a game on their home patch. The drags and the blues play well in patches but they are soft and fold when under pressure

Ospreys have been able to field their first choice 14 (no Tips) for two consecutive games, have we been able to field our best 14 for any games this season?
Keep the faith
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

In fairness I would suggest that the Ospreys deserve to be top Welsh team as they have won 2 more games than us. They will get battered in the Champions Cup. Challenge Cup will give us a stepping stone on our journey up the table. European glory is way over the horizon at this point in time for any Welsh club/region.
If you read the Osprey thread on Gwlad they are now world beaters. 
They are probably a bit ahead of us at moment but let’s not forget they are a bit further down the coaching road than us.
The good thing about the Ospreys is they appear to be developing young Welsh players which will relieve load on us and be good for Welsh side. 

World beaters they certainly are not! They have a formidable front 5 which is very useful in staying in games. Recently Anscombe is starting to look more like his old self and with North back they can play Collins at 15 which further strengthens their team. Fully loaded next season our games should be very interesting as we have Wyn, Samson & Fifita to bolster our front 5 resources. The conundrum we will have next season is what do we do with Halfpenny & Foxy. Do we continue to bring through our young players like Rogers, Roberts & Baldwin & give them starts in big games. Personally I would like to see us start with Rogers at 15, JohnnyMac at 14. Joe 13, Scott 12 & Ryan 11 in as many games as we can so the decision on who is named team captain next season is very important. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:45am

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

In fairness I would suggest that the Ospreys deserve to be top Welsh team as they have won 2 more games than us. They will get battered in the Champions Cup. Challenge Cup will give us a stepping stone on our journey up the table. European glory is way over the horizon at this point in time for any Welsh club/region.
If you read the Osprey thread on Gwlad they are now world beaters. 
They are probably a bit ahead of us at moment but let’s not forget they are a bit further down the coaching road than us.
The good thing about the Ospreys is they appear to be developing young Welsh players which will relieve load on us and be good for Welsh side. 

World beaters they certainly are not! They have a formidable front 5 which is very useful in staying in games. Recently Anscombe is starting to look more like his old self and with North back they can play Collins at 15 which further strengthens their team. Fully loaded next season our games should be very interesting as we have Wyn, Samson & Fifita to bolster our front 5 resources. The conundrum we will have next season is what do we do with Halfpenny & Foxy. Do we continue to bring through our young players like Rogers, Roberts & Baldwin & give them starts in big games. Personally I would like to see us start with Rogers at 15, JohnnyMac at 14. Joe 13, Scott 12 & Ryan 11 in as many games as we can so the decision on who is named team captain next season is very important. 

I'd go for SW. He, wrongly, in my view, doesn't seem to be on Pivac's radar at the moment, so Scott could provide leadership all season. He's an experienced cool head who will certainly bring on the youngsters. I'd have HP on the bench. He has apparently done some good work this season with our younger players, and has also played a part with the Wales U20's.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:57pm
Re: Harry Arundell.
Someone mentioned that this lad is Wales qualified!!
Joshua24:15
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 9:02pm
No wonder the WRU want to get rid of one of these teams Wink Camt believe we’ve lost to the Dragons.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 6:38pm
Leinster.. simply ground Toulouse down. What a bloody team . Sexton was excellent at age 36 .And what a huge support. Winning helps a lot of course for attendance .  The Scarlets have got a bit of catching up to do over the summer! 🙏

Edited by reesytheexile - 15 May 2022 at 12:46am
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 6:49pm
Congratulations Leinster another final they are a quality team 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 7:01am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Leinster.. simply ground Toulouse down. What a bloody team . Sexton was excellent at age 36 .And what a huge support. Winning helps a lot of course for attendance .  The Scarlets have got a bit of catching up to do over the summer! 🙏

There can be no doubting the quality of this Leinster squad for sure. On the point of attendance. Think it was 42,000 so not a sell out which makes me wonder why Toulouse were only allocated 1000 tickets which caused the players, who were apparently only allocated 1 each, a few problems. This fact was mentioned in commentary in the first half. 

I sincerely hope this is not another example of of the antics of the Dublin mafia. This Leinster squad certainly do not need any outside assistance in winning their 5th tournament.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 2:40pm
People go on about the money in Irish rugby. You can have all the money in the world but you still need good coaches. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:29pm

There can be no doubting the quality of this Leinster squad for sure. On the point of attendance. Think it was 42,000 so not a sell out which makes me wonder why Toulouse were only allocated 1000 tickets which caused the players, who were apparently only allocated 1 each, a few problems. This fact was mentioned in commentary in the first half. 

I sincerely hope this is not another example of of the antics of the Dublin mafia. This Leinster squad certainly do not need any outside assistance in winning their 5th tournament.
. Yes I noticed that as well. 1000 tickets is very unfair. Hopefully they get similar treatment in the final in France 🙏
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

People go on about the money in Irish rugby. You can have all the money in the world but you still need good coaches. 
And how do you get good coaches? Money
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

They’ve been successful for years. Have they always spent millions on coaches?
D4surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D4surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:23pm

. Yes I noticed that as well. 1000 tickets is very unfair. Hopefully they get similar treatment in the final in France 🙏

I'm sorry but I had to register to correct this misinformation. I was at the match so didn't hear the commentary but I've also seen it mentioned elsewhere.

This was an EPCR event and ticket allocation had nothing to do with Leinster, the IRFU or the Aviva Stadium. Toulouse were asked by EPCR how many tickets they wanted and requested 1,000. They could have had 25% or 12,500 if they wished. They didn't. Of the 1,000 that they were allocated, they returned about 300. I have no idea about the reference to one ticket per player but surely that is a Toulouse issue but certainly nothing to do with Leinster or the IRFU.

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 6:58pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

They’ve been successful for years. Have they always spent millions on coaches?
Yes, serious money. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 290291292293294 445>
  Share Topic