Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2022 at 10:48pm
We will win one game in the series in my opinion 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 8:27am
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

ill take that wager
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 8:33am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

ill take that wager

Count me in - I'll have a bottle of Paulliac saying Wales do not win a test.LOL
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 8:47am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

ill take that wager

75cl, 150cl or larger?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

ill take that wager

75cl, 150cl or larger?

Steady on Steve - lets make it a normal bottle 75cl - need to spare a thought for our pal DyniolLOL
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 9:20am
M and s paulolac £28 ill get you both one! Under 20 workd cup france beat irelabd by 20 ppibts their backs were lethal france look a real threat for the next decade . Boks boshed england wsles vs scots today
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 12:20pm

M and s paulolac £28 ill get you both one! Under 20 workd cup france beat irelabd by 20 ppibts their backs were lethal france look a real threat for the next decade . Boks boshed england wsles vs scots today

Blimey ! Did someone swap all your keys around when you looked away ?LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 12:55pm
Lol typing with a hangover whilst walking the dog, total multi task fail by me thereWink
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 7:13pm
Pumas won the currie cup 26-19 over the Griquas. Hard luck Peter,  theres always next year.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2022 at 6:52am
Montpellier deservedly won the top 14 final against a very lacklustre Castres. Zach Mercer again showing what Eddie Jones is missing with another hugely intelligent carrying and offloading performance. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2022 at 8:42am

Montpellier deservedly won the top 14 final against a very lacklustre Castres. Zach Mercer again showing what Eddie Jones is missing with another hugely intelligent carrying and offloading performance. 
Definitely.

Montpellier were cool under pressure and looked to play when chances presented themselves. Castres were the opposite making lots of errors and by the end of the first half, possibly even 25 mins it was difficult to see any other result than an MHR win.

Not having a recognised 10 on the bench blew up in Castres’s face when Urdapilleta went off after less than 15 mins. The full back stepped up and has played a bit of 10 they said but it wasn’t convincing.

A Clermont supporting Marseille resident who we met over the European Finals weekend said that the two clubs in the final were amongst the least liked in the Top 14. Castres because they never take Europea seriously nor do they supply much to the national team. Montpellier because of the new money feel to them and the adventures with them being a satellite South African outfit. His opinion was that they both relied on their scrum and their wingers were on the unemployment list.

Having seen them in the 2016 final v Quins, when it was a dour style of play, they are now much more entertaining an open in their play. They’ve also got many more french players in the team and the balance is a lot better. 

Good to see Zach Mercer get man of the match. He’s having a great time over there and just be delighted with how his decision to try something different has turned out on and off the pitch.

Meanwhile, Eddie will studiously ignore his merits for a spot in the England squad.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2022 at 9:23am
Mercer a bit snall to be a  carrying at 8 at test level? You’d think he’d be a bench option though? I watched japan thrash urugray they play some lovely rugby

Edited by RR1972 - 26 June 2022 at 9:24am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2022 at 10:49am

Mercer a bit snall to be a  carrying at 8 at test level? You’d think he’d be a bench option though? I watched japan thrash urugray they play some lovely rugby

Zach Mercer has played 26 top 14 games this season and been MOM or close in the vast majority. If you can break the gainline consistently in the top 14 you are good enough for International duty in my book. He is quick with great hands - for me he gives Faletau a run for his money.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2022 at 4:38pm
Dragons have unveiled their new badge and branding, leaked a few days ago.

Logo is black with amber fleurs-de-lis (taken from old Monmouthshire crest), but the big news is that that they are now 'Dragons RFC' - they're a club, not a region. Playing kit will be black & amber home strip (for Newport) and predominantly blue alternative kit (representing Gwent). The 'Dragon's Tail' device will still appear on the shirts, on the back of the collar and in some other merchandise.

Dai Buttress is restoring the old Newport identity, but seems still to be hedging their bets with #WeAreGwentRugby hashtag.

Probably a step in the right direction, but I expected it to coincide with news on the club's return to private ownership - no word on that today.

Of course, apart from ownership, the biggest transformation will happen when they start getting consistent results on the pitch - maybe Dai Flan will be the catalyst to make that happen... 

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2022 at 5:19pm
So they not going to be called gwent or newport, they not going to have newport colours or badge but won’t have gwent in title or play in any other par of  gwent bar newport?Ok sounds well thought outWink. Dai flannigan the man to turn in around? I have my doubts to say the least!

Edited by RR1972 - 27 June 2022 at 5:31pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2022 at 6:30pm
Logo looks awful. Looks like something they set as a competition for local primary schools. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 301302303304305 445>
  Share Topic