Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 354355356357358 445>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2023 at 3:22pm
Spain have been invited to put a franchise (Diables) in to this season's second tier Currie Cup in SA...wouldn't be surprised to see him in that.

...also teams from Israel, Kenya, Namibia, Georgia and Zimbabwe will pay in it--bringing in some new tv audiences (and dosh) there!

Georgia are actually above Fiji and Tonga in the world rankings these days...they thumped Germany by 70 points at the weekend in the 6N second tier event...making a strong case for enhanced representative rugby these days.

Interestingly all 23 of Georgia's squad were born and bred in Georgia..not many international teams can say that (if any!)

Sponsored Links

Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2023 at 9:24pm
I’d say Georgia are the only team that can claim that
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2023 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

romania? Are they tier 1 these days?
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 8:31pm
Ospreys are being blown away by a very impressive Munster side.  Bonus point in the bag already and a strong wind behind Munster second half.
This is a result of supplying too many players to team wales.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Ospreys are being blown away by a very impressive Munster side.  Bonus point in the bag already and a strong wind behind Munster second half.
This is a result of supplying too many players to team wales.
Welcome to our World when team Wales screwed up so many years of chasing European glory for us.
No sympathy. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 8:38pm
It's lucky that the Munster 10 couldn't convert a try if his life depended on it ... unfortunately 
Milli View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Milli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 8:52pm
Irish fans chanting OspreysLOL I shouldnt laugh but god welsh rugby is depressing at the moment
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 9:20pm
58 - 3 final score, their heaviest every defeat in the league, an embarrassing defeat for them and an embarrassing indictment for welsh rugby at the moment.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 9:28pm

58 - 3 final score, their heaviest every defeat in the league, an embarrassing defeat for them and an embarrassing indictment for welsh rugby at the moment.

Nobody should be gloating over this. Welsh professional rugby is an embarrassment. The WRU has contrived to destroy the game, not deliberately but through ineptitude and putting self-interest before the game. The regions themselves are also to blame. There has been little in the way of concerted collective action from any of them to protect the game as a whole. Let's be fair our management has been piss-poor for two decades as well.

It may be too late for everyone.
What's going on?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2023 at 11:51pm
I’m not gloating, I find it depressing seeing any welsh region losing except when it’s against us obviously.
Like you said, this is about the ineptitude of the WRU to run the professional game properly.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 12:14am

I’m not gloating, I find it depressing seeing any welsh region losing except when it’s against us obviously.
Like you said, this is about the ineptitude of the WRU to run the professional game properly.

I used to think that, but as we’re chasing for the Welsh shield it’s in our best interest for any Welsh region above us to lose. With the squad we’ve retained during the international games I’m hopeful we can put a dent in the deficit.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Probably Argentina
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 2:49pm
Lions being well beaten by the Sharks in SA.
If we win tonight we go above them.

Sharks weren’t all that good tbh.
crj89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crj89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 8:51pm
Whose going to tell James Hook that the Ospreys performance wasn’t all down to the WRU??
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by crj89 crj89 wrote:

Whose going to tell James Hook that the Ospreys performance wasn’t all down to the WRU??

Been listening to the incredible Os experience for the last...how long they been.around, with the last Orders press release of Iconic ( distinctive brilliance  ) region....jeez give it a rest....really  ...if they were spoken of in the same level as everyone else in Wales I would perhaps soften to their record defeat.

The legendary SmellyMike perfectly understood my rationale back then and now. 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2023 at 11:29pm
He would have walked up to the front door of the liability on match day and crapped on their doorstep.....[beep]ing legend WinkLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 354355356357358 445>
  Share Topic