Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 445>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seagultaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2023 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Could be a very good 13 i feel 

Two of Owen Lanes biggest weaknesses are his defence and his distribution. I suspect these are two very good reasons why he is not played at 13.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2023 at 10:31pm
Lane was the 13  and ioan the 12 in age group rugby for wales i agee his defence is iffy though and he won’t be a test level centre

Edited by RR1972 - 05 March 2023 at 10:33pm
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2023 at 2:54am
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

time to utilise owen lane? Im wondering if he could offer something at 13?
No he’s not very good 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2023 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

Could be a very good 13 i feel 

Like as good as North like ....

Nope, my school picked me as a high jump competitor on the premise I was 6ft 3ins and could easily get over....it didn't work as I was as inflexible as a steel pole and flopped over an inch instead of 5 ft......get my point of genius. Big smile

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2023 at 4:17am
You know the true reason , you were dressed like a bard , waxing lyrical about the win over the all blacks ....even at 10 you were less if a high jumper and more of a bard 
You were a poet but you didn't know it LOL
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 8:19pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 9:09pm
Wales under 20s beaten up by the italian pack. Worrying times

Edited by RR1972 - 10 March 2023 at 9:10pm
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 9:56pm
Yes , our pack has been beaten up in every game this season ...I really can't understand why ....but it won't be a good starting point to a professional career 
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 12:26am

Benetton have confirmed the signing of Munster's Malakai Fekitoa, with the 30-year-old joining the Italians from next season.

The former All Black, and current Tonga international's departure from Munster was announced last month.

Having failed to make an impact in the first half of the season, the province opted against taking up the second-year option on Fekitoa's two-year contract, and he has now agreed a three-year deal at the Italian side, who sit just outside the URC playoff spots with three games of the regular season remaining.

"I am very excited to join the club next season," Fekitoa said.

"My family and I are very grateful for the opportunity. It's a new challenge for me in my career and I can't wait to give my best and play really well for Benetton Rugby, and I'll be meeting friends with whom I've played together in the past.

"The team is playing exciting rugby and I want to be part of it. I hope I can contribute to the club on and off the pitch."

While the World Cup winner struggled early this season with Munster, he's largely impressed since returning to the side in January, playing in six of the province's last seven games, scoring his first try in last month's win against the Ospreys at Thomond Park

hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 7:12pm
Dillon Lewis going to Harlequins next season 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2023 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Dillon Lewis going to Harlequins next season 

All the best.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
insidehalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 8:49am
Might do his scrummaging to power of good coming under Adam Jones's coaching.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:21am
So have any new contracts or renewals been signed by any welsh regional players??
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:46am
Has the new PRB / WRU been signed yet?  Need this in place before player contracts are signed.
Keep the faith
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 9:47am
I think it's status quo at best and trying to bridge the gap with semi pro players....I can see some cricket scores against certain Welsh sides next year ...
Obviously those semi pro players being expected to step up will now have to walk the walk after years of accepting the cash without achieving anything ....Same goes for coaching setups 
The spotlight has definitely shifted to the semi pro part of the game for the first time 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 10:01am
Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

Might do his scrummaging to power of good coming under Adam Jones's coaching.

Good move for him, can't help but think he would have been one that would have had to accept a big drop in wages if he wanted to remain in Wales.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 361362363364365 445>
  Share Topic