Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 445>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I think it's status quo at best and trying to bridge the gap with semi pro players....I can see some cricket scores against certain Welsh sides next year ...
Obviously those semi pro players being expected to step up will now have to walk the walk after years of accepting the cash without achieving anything ....Same goes for coaching setups 
The spotlight has definitely shifted to the semi pro part of the game for the first time 

Remember the semi pro players will be boosted by many current fully pro players over the next couple of seasons as regions cut their squad sizes. Academy players will be given more chances earlier which brings us in line with the French who push forward their talented young guys far earlier than us. 
Sponsored Links

Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 10:11am
I'm not saying it's wrong , infact I feel it's a level of professionalism that's been missing ...it will be a pleasant shock to some and one hell of a fright for others 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 10:14am

I'm not saying it's wrong , infact I feel it's a level of professionalism that's been missing ...it will be a pleasant shock to some and one hell of a fright for others 

All any aspiring player can ask is to be given a fair chance. I do agree with you guys like Stan Thomas at Merthyr have skewed the system. You can't blame the players of course for taking the offers. 
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2023 at 10:28am
I agree 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 8:34am
It appears the team Wales curse has struck again - Jac Morgan & Scott Baldwin both out for the season with ops on ankle and bicep.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 8:35am
Good to read Steff's article about Regan King getting his life back together. Looking for a role as skills coach. What can I say. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 8:38am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

It appears the team Wales curse has struck again - Jac Morgan & Scott Baldwin both out for the season with ops on ankle and bicep.

Shame, they could have really done with Jac for the Saracens game.
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 9:47am
When seeing the number of injuries of players who have been away with cymru , and realising that gatland with edwards in the past , will take these players to a whole new fitness level , much higher than the regions require ...is this the reason why the welsh regions are not in the big competitions any more...Will the physical requirements of international players a step to far for certain players, even if we put the individuals on a pedestal at our current mediocre league positions
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 10:26am
Injuries happen all the time though. Could be with Wales, could be with their region. 
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Team Wales have ruined and ended Scarlet careers....my thoughts on the this are well documented 

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 12:37pm

When seeing the number of injuries of players who have been away with cymru , and realising that gatland with edwards in the past , will take these players to a whole new fitness level , much higher than the regions require ...is this the reason why the welsh regions are not in the big competitions any more...Will the physical requirements of international players a step to far for certain players, even if we put the individuals on a pedestal at our current mediocre league positions

Your sounding like a WRU payed spokesman. Oracleness.

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 12:37pm
Wasn’t but a few weeks ago Ospreys fans were beating their chests over having a dozen plus players in the squad and how they power team Wales.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Wasn’t but a few weeks ago Ospreys fans were beating their chests over having a dozen plus players in the squad and how they power team Wales.
Yes and look how that worked out.
Strong Scarlets equals a strong Wales.
Mediocre Osprey side means weak Wales.  

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Yes and look how that worked out.
Strong Scarlets equals a strong Wales.
Mediocre Osprey side means weak Wales.  

Absolutely 

Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 5:38pm
Always proud to see our boys play for Wales, but selfishly I’m glad when they’re not getting broken on Gatland’s watch. Big end of season ahead!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2023 at 6:47pm
Stephen Myler retiring and Tianne Thomas Wheeler joining a Japanese team at the end of the season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 362363364365366 445>
  Share Topic