Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 445>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by The Predator The Predator wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by The Predator The Predator wrote:

Question in the Drags game , Ross is the captain , yet Sam Davies has been doing the captain's challenge ?
Might have been because Ross was in the sin bin?

No he was doing it when Ross was back on

Yes. He hadn’t been back long, but he was on.

I think the Captain’s challenge has added nothing to a game, and actually provided more talk points/controversy/disagreements than any other facet.
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 1:26pm
Harry doel looked sharp yday, he’s small but really quick. Genge at leicester got another two trys we should look at taking tap pens close to oppositon line. As for super rugby how good are the crusaders? Cody taylor and is it monogia the ten? Are super stars. Cuthbert playing well today to exeter clinical when in oppositon 22

Edited by RR1972 - 30 May 2021 at 2:10pm
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Harry doel looked sharp yday, he’s small but really quick. Genge at leicester got another two trys we should look at taking tap pens close to oppositon line. As for super rugby how good are the crusaders? Cody taylor and is it monogia the ten? Are super stars. Cuthbert playing well today to exeter clinical when in oppositon 22

Doel named best player for the Warriors...
In SR Crusaders are the better team of the century..Collins this morning played well in Highlanders win, he is good at 13..
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 5:43pm
Yes collins looks on form, treviso still top
Of europeAn rainbow cup👍
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 6:22pm

Yes collins looks on form, treviso still top
Of europeAn rainbow cup👍
Oops I thought Benetton were top.😋😋
Keep the faith
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 7:23pm
Ospreys 26 19 down had a try harshly disallowed. Decent match this 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 9:52pm
Sale smashed the quins, they are a v good team on their day
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2021 at 2:03am

Sale smashed the quins, they are a v good team on their day

Yes, I hear they only beat the best teams in Europe 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2021 at 1:07pm
The Glasgow v Leinster game was very niggly and full of TMO and Captain challenge delays and endless scrums . Well done to Glasgow 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2021 at 1:21pm
Bulls vs stormers supposed to have been a good game. Leinster cloak of invicibility slipping?
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 7:51am
We have had a poor season by our standards that is clear and somebody has lost his job because of it rightly so some say.
However a win against Edinburgh with a bonus point will put us top Welsh region in Rainbow cup as well as being Welsh region in Pro 14.
I’m not crowing about this as our level of rugby has been unacceptable this season.
What I do have a problem with is the Welsh press and lots of posters on here saying what great jobs Booth and Ryan are doing at their regions. Dragons have barely improved from season before and Ospreys have won 4 more games than last year having played more games. 
Sometimes the facts get in the way of a good story though. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

We have had a poor season by our standards that is clear and somebody has lost his job because of it rightly so some say.
However a win against Edinburgh with a bonus point will put us top Welsh region in Rainbow cup as well as being Welsh region in Pro 14.
I’m not crowing about this as our level of rugby has been unacceptable this season.
What I do have a problem with is the Welsh press and lots of posters on here saying what great jobs Booth and Ryan are doing at their regions. Dragons have barely improved from season before and Ospreys have won 4 more games than last year having played more games. 

You can be sure that the Welsh press can get it wrong I do not dispute but how you can say that neither the Ospreys or the Dragons have not improved is beyond me. For sure they started at a low base - do you need reminding that the Dragons put 50+ points on us recently and that Cardiff have beaten us 3 times this season. This from reportedly the strongest/best financed squad in Wales. 

Bearing in mind the playing resources at our disposal we should be well ahead of our regional rivals not losing 3 from 3 or conceding 50+ points. That tells me that there is something drastically wrong at PYS. The problem is, of course, being addressed & I look forward to a steady improvement in our fortunes but being one eyed about our regional neighbours and trying to somehow portray our performances this season as in any way acceptable totally misses the reality of our situation. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

You can be sure that the Welsh press can get it wrong I do not dispute but how you can say that neither the Ospreys or the Dragons have not improved is beyond me. For sure they started at a low base - do you need reminding that the Dragons put 50+ points on us recently and that Cardiff have beaten us 3 times this season. This from reportedly the strongest/best financed squad in Wales. 

Bearing in mind the playing resources at our disposal we should be well ahead of our regional rivals not losing 3 from 3 or conceding 50+ points. That tells me that there is something drastically wrong at PYS. The problem is, of course, being addressed & I look forward to a steady improvement in our fortunes but being one eyed about our regional neighbours and trying to somehow portray our performances this season as in any way acceptable totally misses the reality of our situation. 
Please read my post where did I say that they have not improved all I am saying is that things aren’t really as great as is being constantly stated in the press and by people like you on here.
Yes we do have the best financed squad but that had caused us not to have the majority of our squad available for the whole season with call ups for the autumn cup and the six nations.
I’m not being one eyed at all I concede that we have been Dreadful this year but I am not impressed by bluster from Booth or the Rhetoric by Ryan.
Both the Ospreys and the Dragons have been helped hugely by players paid for by WRU recently joining them whilst we have not had that luxury of late. 

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 9:30am

Please read my post where did I say that they have not improved all I am saying is that things aren’t really as great as is being constantly stated in the press and by people like you on here.
Yes we do have the best financed squad but that had caused us not to have the majority of our squad available for the whole season with call ups for the autumn cup and the six nations.
I’m not being one eyed at all I concede that we have been Dreadful this year but I am not impressed by bluster from Booth or the Rhetoric by Ryan.
Both the Ospreys and the Dragons have been helped hugely by players paid for by WRU recently joining them whilst we have not had that luxury of late. 

Clearly you and I are never going to agree on this. You cite reasons for us being unsuccessful - WRU favouring other teams over us - surely the make up of the 38 elite squad will decide what help regions get? International call ups - same for all teams; injuries - same for all teams. 

You may be content being the top Welsh region but I don't recall any silverware being received for that achievement. The basic facts on our season do not lie - we have finished way behind all 4 Irish provinces including the Irish equivalent of the Dragons. I fully expect us to compete strongly in the pro 14 & make a decent fist of our games in the European Champions Cup; I do not expect the Dragons to put 50+ on us or for us to capitulate by 50+ to Sale who themselves got hammered by the eventual runners up. Instead of coming up with the usual excuses perhaps we should be realists and say categorically that we have been failed by poor coaching and also failed by seasoned Internationals/Lions who have shown a dreadful lack of pride in their team & personal performances. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 10:24am

Clearly you and I are never going to agree on this. You cite reasons for us being unsuccessful - WRU favouring other teams over us - surely the make up of the 38 elite squad will decide what help regions get? International call ups - same for all teams; injuries - same for all teams. 

You may be content being the top Welsh region but I don't recall any silverware being received for that achievement. The basic facts on our season do not lie - we have finished way behind all 4 Irish provinces including the Irish equivalent of the Dragons. I fully expect us to compete strongly in the pro 14 & make a decent fist of our games in the European Champions Cup; I do not expect the Dragons to put 50+ on us or for us to capitulate by 50+ to Sale who themselves got hammered by the eventual runners up. Instead of coming up with the usual excuses perhaps we should be realists and say categorically that we have been failed by poor coaching and also failed by seasoned Internationals/Lions who have shown a dreadful lack of pride in their team & personal performances. 
Again please read my post I have said we have massively under achieved for the players we have on the books.I’m far from content with not competing at top of pro 14 or Europe. 
You say other teams have been similarly affected by call ups if that was the case they would get same money.
We have been massively hamstrung by Welsh call ups. 
The Ospreys and Dragons have recently have more intls put in their regions with assistance of WRU  than us and Blues just fact.
No both of us are unhappy with the season but lauding failure of other regions is beyond me. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2021 at 2:11pm

the ospreys won 2 lge games last year they won 8 this year and 2 rainbow cup games so more than 4 more games  if we are talking about facts. Booth and ryan doing well but lets see where we all are in 12 months time

Edited by RR1972 - 07 June 2021 at 3:00pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 445>
  Share Topic