Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 445>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2021 at 5:19pm
That was an amazing performance by Ireland. I can’t recall the AB’s being as well beaten as that.
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 4:45am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

That was an amazing performance by Ireland. I can’t recall the AB’s being as well beaten as that.

Indeed - apart from a couple of moments of great skill, they looked second best in all aspects and made a hatful of mistakes, probably due to the pressure exerted by Ireland.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 8:28am
Boks overpowered the Scots thats for sure. Its going to be very interesting next week against England who have both Marler & Genge isolating. England are going to need one or both to get back on the field or they could go the same way as both Wales & the Scots.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

i remeber france doing a  number on them in “the battle of nantes” and england in the world cup semi. Yesterday was another beating and really the scoreboard didn’t reflect how much better irleand were. Ireland dominated them , france will fancy their chances to
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 11:55am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Boks overpowered the Scots thats for sure. Its going to be very interesting next week against England who have both Marler & Genge isolating. England are going to need one or both to get back on the field or they could go the same way as both Wales & the Scots.
the boks bench is the key especially marx the hoker what a player. England pack can stAnd up to them though i fancy england at twickers

Edited by RR1972 - 14 November 2021 at 12:06pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

the boks bench is the key especially marx the hoker what a player. England pack can stAnd up to them though i fancy england at twickers
South Africa are stronger than England though. If England get into an arm wrestle they’ll likely lose as they did in the RWC final. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2021 at 12:26pm

Yes that hooker Marx is something else. He is like having another 7 on the field over the ball - he carries like a Rhino & hits his men in the lineout - not much to dislike really!!! I don't think England will fancy their chances come scrum time without Marler or Genge but they should be competitive at lineout & breakdown thats for sure. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2021 at 10:19am
Just watched the France v AB's game. Wow the rugby on show is a totally different level to what I have seen from Wales this Autumn. France have a pair of world class half backs with a strong half back bench - all four would walk into the Welsh team. They have also found a World class goal kicker in Jaminet who is no slouch at 15. I noticed Cameron Woki playing 2nd row - I always thought he was a 6 but he brought Shingler type lineout athleticism and was all over the field carrying effectively.

The match in Paris on 12th February between France & Ireland will go a long way to deciding the 6 nations champions - personally I can't wait. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2021 at 12:09pm

Just watched the France v AB's game. Wow the rugby on show is a totally different level to what I have seen from Wales this Autumn. France have a pair of world class half backs with a strong half back bench - all four would walk into the Welsh team. They have also found a World class goal kicker in Jaminet who is no slouch at 15. I noticed Cameron Woki playing 2nd row - I always thought he was a 6 but he brought Shingler type lineout athleticism and was all over the field carrying effectively.

The match in Paris on 12th February between France & Ireland will go a long way to deciding the 6 nations champions - personally I can't wait. 
I’m going to have to share this clip for anyone that hasn’t seen it. It’s truly sublime rugby from Ntamack. To go from his own in goal area to a penalty and yellow card for NZ here is ridiculously good. 

Edited by Jones2004 - 21 November 2021 at 12:09pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2021 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

I’m going to have to share this clip for anyone that hasn’t seen it. It’s truly sublime rugby from Ntamack. To go from his own in goal area to a penalty and yellow card for NZ here is ridiculously good. 

Wonderful play - somehow I can't imagine seeing our Dan taking that option!!!!!!
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2021 at 8:19pm

Jaminet,Woki,N'tamack,Jalibert,Dupont.....young players,who would still be "developing" in Wales.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2021 at 11:26pm
Based purely on “rugby resources” I think France, SA, England and NZ should consistently be the top 4 teams in the world - and should all be capable of beating each other at home and away.

And it’s looking like this decade might shape up like that, with Ireland currently “overachievers”. Whereas you’d say the last decade Wales and Argentina were the overachievers.

Some of France’s athletes and some of their more skilful players are just a joy to watch. 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2021 at 11:54pm
Fancy France to do well in six nations 

Shaun Edwards has turned them around
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2021 at 7:45am
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Fancy France to do well in six nations 

Shaun Edwards has turned them around

Edwards has certainly helped that cannot be disputed but credit must go to Galthie who inherited a golden generation from the successful 20's campaigns a few years ago and backed them by giving them confidence and games. I still worry that development of talent in Wales is far too slow & ponderous. 

Where are the Dupont/Ntamacks or Quirke/Smiths of the world in Wales. Having seen Sheedy for instance play quite a few games both this season & last for both Wales & Bristol I am convinced that Costelow is a far bigger talent; likewise at 9 Blacker is the best based on performances from the latter part of last season & throughout this season yet they are nowhere near the squad.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2021 at 10:47am
France and ireland looked really impressive as of right now they are arguably the two best sides in the world. France are a great bet for the world cup
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2021 at 11:10am

France and ireland looked really impressive as of right now they are arguably the two best sides in the world. France are a great bet for the world cup

With another 18 months of experience the French team will certainly be very difficult to beat on their home turf thats for sure. Their progress has been steady & fairly predictable whereas Ireland have improved immeasurably - Farrell's message has taken a while but the penny has dropped. Ireland & England away & France in Cardiff all look like very difficult games for us right now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 251252253254255 445>
  Share Topic