Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Other Side(s) - Rival Team News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 445>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airdaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 5:22pm
GPR Rochester to add to your woes the IRFU are sending
 An Emerging Ireland side to S Africa to play 3 Provincial sides with Easterby in charge along with the main Irish coaching team. Farrell is staying behind to work on RWC arrangements and to watch the provinces. The side will consist of promising young players to develop them and maybe find a couple of bolters for Ireland A or even the RWC. Any one who has followed the U20 RWC will recognise most of the players.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Airdaa Airdaa wrote:

An Emerging Ireland side to S Africa to play 3 Provincial sides with Easterby in charge along with the main Irish coaching team. Farrell is staying behind to work on RWC arrangements and to watch the provinces. The side will consist of promising young players to develop them and maybe find a couple of bolters for Ireland A or even the RWC. Any one who has followed the U20 RWC will recognise most of the players.
Are they leaving in time to miss our match with you on 24/9?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2022 at 9:06pm
That aus vs nz game was a cracker, controversial ending to say the least
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Airdaa Airdaa wrote:

Yes Airdaa I had spotted that. 9 Ulster squad members if I am correct. Will weaken the Ulster squad for next weekend for sure but shouldn't prove game changing. What it will do, of course, is show Farrell & his coaching team who can cut it & hit the ground running when taken out of their comfort zones. If they get 2/3 who can make the 33 for France 2023 they will be delighted. 

Ireland's biggest weakness, for me, is the succession planning around Sexton. I don't know how many 10's are going to South Africa but it would not surprise me to see one of them featuring in the Autumn campaign & beyond. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 7:27am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

It was a cracker RR. Ref coming in for loads of stick but I would watch the reaction of the Australian 12 who won the final turnover penalty. He seemed to be screaming at his outside half to get a wriggle on. I think he could hear the ref's warnings and thought Foley was showboating a little. 

Having said all that it was a very good game & Foley, at 33, showed what Australia have been missing - a 10 who can run a game. The All Blacks no longer possess that unbeatable aura - they are still packed with class and that boy Rieko Ione has some frightening gas. Whoever plays at 13 for Wales in a few weeks is going to struggle keeping him quiet. As for France 2023 I don't fancy our chances of winning the group because the Aussies have found a scrum, have huge back row carrying threats and have decent pace behind. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:29am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

It was a cracker RR. Ref coming in for loads of stick but I would watch the reaction of the Australian 12 who won the final turnover penalty. He seemed to be screaming at his outside half to get a wriggle on. I think he could hear the ref's warnings and thought Foley was showboating a little. 

Having said all that it was a very good game & Foley, at 33, showed what Australia have been missing - a 10 who can run a game. The All Blacks no longer possess that unbeatable aura - they are still packed with class and that boy Rieko Ione has some frightening gas. Whoever plays at 13 for Wales in a few weeks is going to struggle keeping him quiet. As for France 2023 I don't fancy our chances of winning the group because the Aussies have found a scrum, have huge back row carrying threats and have decent pace behind. 
The worst decision was not awarding Darcy Swain a red card just before half time. That was absolute filth
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:34am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

The worst decision was not awarding Darcy Swain a red card just before half time. That was absolute filth

Was that your man who targeted the lower leg of the AB at the ruck? Sickening, I actually felt that in my leg as I saw it!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Was that your man who targeted the lower leg of the AB at the ruck? Sickening, I actually felt that in my leg as I saw it!
Yes. His intention was to cause significant injury 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 8:38am

Yes it was & Scarletnut was spot on - red card all day long. Thats the same guy who butted the England second row and saw red. Clearly a bit of a loose cannon. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 9:57am

i agree that was proper ufc stuff,  needs a lengthy ban that
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 9:59am
Can he be cited? Not sure of the citing rules as the ref pinged him with a yellow for it.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 10:04am

they are a good team if they get parity up front they can beat anyone
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 10:25am

Can he be cited? Not sure of the citing rules as the ref pinged him with a yellow for it.
He’s been cited. His victim has sustained a significant injury 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 10:39am

He’s been cited. His victim has sustained a significant injury 

Glad to hear that! (The citing obviously, not the injury).

Am I going mad though, was there a ruling that said you couldn't be cited if the ref punished you for it with a yellow?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 11:55am
That law was in place your not going mad it has been changec now

Edited by RR1972 - 16 September 2022 at 11:55am
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob Hunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2022 at 1:52pm
The All Black has ruptured the medial cruciate ligament in his left knee. Out for at least three months.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 309310311312313 445>
  Share Topic