Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster away Champions' cup tie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 7:06pm
Are there many travelling out to belfast .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 8:53pm
Me +1
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 9:01pm
Me plus 2. Also know of a few others going.
Got our tickets from the Scarlets this week. On the terrace
Scarlets am Byth
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2018 at 9:05pm
M.M. and myself ... Out from Bristol Friday morning returning Saturday
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 9:40am
Meeting place friday , i was told it was robinsons .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by SAV SAV wrote:

Meeting place friday , i was told it was robinsons .

Where's that ?

SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 11:49am
city centre opposite Europa hotel .
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 12:43pm
Thanks. How far from there to the ground ?

M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Thanks. How far from there to the ground ?

As I remember, it's a taxi ride.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2018 at 4:06pm
No worries i will jump in a taxi.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2018 at 5:35pm

The mention of the Europa Hotel reminds me of, so far, my one and only trip to Belfastin 2007. As we were about to enter Robinsons, Abbey said to the rest of us "See that hotel there(Europa), at one time it was the most bombed hotel in Western Europe" (or words to that effect).

It did not fill me with confidence.

Thankfully, the only explosion was Scarlets' second half performance when we ran Ulster off the parc.

A brilliant day.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2018 at 12:20am
Me, plus brother and father.

Robinson’s opposite Europa Hotel it is then
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2018 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

The mention of the Europa Hotel reminds me of, so far, my one and only trip to Belfastin 2007. As we were about to enter Robinsons, Abbey said to the rest of us "See that hotel there(Europa), at one time it was the most bombed hotel in Western Europe" (or words to that effect).

It did not fill me with confidence.

Thankfully, the only explosion was Scarlets' second half performance when we ran Ulster off the parc.

A brilliant day.

Indeed it was - and I was in NI at the time (or some of it...)! 'Interesting' times....

I don't know what it's like now, but if you are anywhere near the Europa, at least stick your head around the door of the nearby 'Crown', which must be one of the most ornate pubs in the UK, on a par with the 'Philharmonic' in Liverpool...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic