Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Brexit bonus...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 160>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2021 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

One party state, harsh treatment of various religions and a woeful human rights record china have more than their share of issues to address, the west is far from perfect but so are this mob. Btw amy one heard from that tennis player lately?

You can try
https://www.moonofalabama.org/2021/12/the-missing-star-athlete-peng-shuai-is-not-missing-at-all.html#more
although if its not a reputable western propaganda source like the Daily Mail or BBC you probably won't believe it.
sounds legitLOL
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2021 at 11:17pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59714710

Frost has gone. Arlene Foster wondering on impact on NI. Questioning on whether UK has delivered what Unionists want.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2021 at 2:19am
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59714710

Frost has gone. Arlene Foster wondering on impact on NI. Questioning on whether UK has delivered what Unionists want.

is that the leader of the party that didnt even bother showing up in parliament for years?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2022 at 6:43pm
So Rhys-Mogg has been made Minister for Brexit Opportunities. Things can't be great if we need to create a post for someone to look for these opportunities. Can't we just rely on all the opportunities that must have been there when we were told this was a good idea? Oh hold on. Wink
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2022 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

So Rhys-Mogg has been made Minister for Brexit Opportunities. Things can't be great if we need to create a post for someone to look for these opportunities. Can't we just rely on all the opportunities that must have been there when we were told this was a good idea? Oh hold on. Wink

Can't make this stuff up. Absolute farce.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2022 at 7:11pm

And one of his first moves was to ask readers of The Sun to write in with suggestions for what these opportunities might be. LOL

Oh and could this be the same Rees-Mogg who part-owns a company that left the UK for Ireland post-Brexit to benefit from EU regulations there? But that would be hypocritical wouldn't it?
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2022 at 7:29pm

Extra chances for sales of Lifebuoy soap, in the land of BO - Brexit Opportunities.

Doesn’t BO whiff a bit, as well as being rather elusive, the opportunities that is?

In France, BOPB in rugby stands for Biarritz Olympique Pays Basque.

Here, with Brexit Opportunities for Rees-Mogg, you could be forgiven for thinking, “Brexit Opportunities? Poor Bu663rs”. Hopefully, it’ll be a no self/conflict of interest tenure and there will be those sunny uplands for all.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2022 at 10:44pm
I swear, there's no knight in shining armour coming to rescue Wales from this Tory wet dream. Things will only get better in Wales when enough Welsh people say enough is enough and start building a Welsh State with governance fit for purpose. If we don't set the agenda for Wales it seems that we leave it to the Tories instead. Labour have a word to justify this lunacy ... I think they call it "solidarity". I've even heard them call it "internationalism".

https://nation.cymru/news/i-dont-like-nationalism-because-its-insular-says-shadow-welsh-secretary/ - not a hint of self-awareness from Jo Stevens, even when addressing Starmer's fondness for the Union Jack. That's "patriotism" apparently. I despair. I truly do.

Edited by totallybiasedscarlet - 15 February 2022 at 11:08pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 8:14am
Far too many posters on here who credit the Tories with securing Brexit when they really know deep down that the credit for that was all down to the good ole British people who can always be relied upon to do the right thing. 

Do posters really think that baffoon Boris is any different now to when he led the Brexit campaign? Frankly if he had not been involved the margin would have been bigger.

As for opportunities post Brexit - how long have I got...........
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 8:44am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Far too many posters on here who credit the Tories with securing Brexit when they really know deep down that the credit for that was all down to the good ole British people who can always be relied upon to do the right thing. 

Do posters really think that baffoon Boris is any different now to when he led the Brexit campaign? Frankly if he had not been involved the margin would have been bigger.

Don't think Rees-Mogg put a word limit on his letters, for the good of the country I'd write to the Moggster. 

It is quite funny that there is no plan and has never been one. This has not helped convert any even slightly bitter remainers. But this is on the Tory party not the referendum result. A big difference in that those elected to implement it are clearly less politically talented than custard. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 8:58am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Don't think Rees-Mogg put a word limit on his letters, for the good of the country I'd write to the Moggster. 

It is quite funny that there is no plan and has never been one. This has not helped convert any even slightly bitter remainers. But this is on the Tory party not the referendum result. A big difference in that those elected to implement it are clearly less politically talented than custard. 

Couldn't agree more Dr M - get someone in charge of harnessing the thousands of opportunities who actually could identify an opportunity instead of being born into thousands of acres. Someone like Dyson or Sugar. Rees-Mogg is only still around because he makes Boris appear normal because he makes as many cock ups as Boris!!!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 10:54am

Couldn't agree more Dr M - get someone in charge of harnessing the thousands of opportunities who actually could identify an opportunity instead of being born into thousands of acres. Someone like Dyson or Sugar. Rees-Mogg is only still around because he makes Boris appear normal because he makes as many cock ups as Boris!!!!

Well, identifying opportunities in Singapore at least. 

Let's be honest, these are all just businesspeople who will do whatever they can to gain money for their businesses. There's no desire to improve any aspect of whatever country they do business in, be that UK or elsewhere. Same for many Conservative politicians who primarily represent the interests of business and very wealthy individuals, British and UK nationals or not. Some of them like Rees-Mogg in fact ARE those same very rich individuals with vested business interests. So relying upon their actions having some benefit for the population of the UK I find naive. Perhaps there'd be no difference being in the EU so again more a general comment about the Conservative Party but also my scepticism over anything solely led by business; the rich will get richer sure but when many in the UK realise their lives haven't improved post Brexit it'll be interesting to see who they blame next.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 12:12pm

Well, identifying opportunities in Singapore at least. 

Let's be honest, these are all just businesspeople who will do whatever they can to gain money for their businesses. There's no desire to improve any aspect of whatever country they do business in, be that UK or elsewhere. Same for many Conservative politicians who primarily represent the interests of business and very wealthy individuals, British and UK nationals or not. Some of them like Rees-Mogg in fact ARE those same very rich individuals with vested business interests. So relying upon their actions having some benefit for the population of the UK I find naive. Perhaps there'd be no difference being in the EU so again more a general comment about the Conservative Party but also my scepticism over anything solely led by business; the rich will get richer sure but when many in the UK realise their lives haven't improved post Brexit it'll be interesting to see who they blame next.

Well clearly we are going to disagree with some of the fundamentals which is perfectly OK. I never voted to leave with some navarna notions of tangible benefits for individuals just the fact that we were out of the clutches of an undemocratic cartel infatuated with the appearance of some sort of all for one, one for all when the reality is quite different and in many instances quite scary.

But Boris and his clowns ( cabinet) are also quite scary I hear you say - that is true but we have the power to remove them. As for the rich only being in it for personal gain I find that a very narrow notion. An individual like Lord Sugar would have my vote over Rees-Mogg & his ilk every time & i happen to believe that there are many successful entrepreneurs who actually have a lot of respect for their country and would try to make a difference should they ever be asked to do so. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 8:14pm

Nah, it was a Tory internal squabble that got pumped into the public domain via the right wing press. 30 years of drip drip anti Europe propaganda fed into the thoughts of people who were suffering the consequences of de-industrialisation followed by neo-Liberalism. Played into the hands of the very political establishment responsible for their being left behind. Played out with a faux patriotism and appeal to a (debatable) bygone "greatness." 

The right thing? Not in a million years. 

The analysis on Boris, sorry, that's wrong. Johnson has proven his popularity (in England) with a huge win in 2019. Yes, people actually voted for him. I know it's hard to believe but he was a popular figure ... I'm sure you'll recall GPR. Polls suggest differently now ... I would say let's hope they prove correct but the so-called government in waiting has very little to commend them either.

I continue to despair.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 8:42pm

Nah, it was a Tory internal squabble that got pumped into the public domain via the right wing press. 30 years of drip drip anti Europe propaganda fed into the thoughts of people who were suffering the consequences of de-industrialisation followed by neo-Liberalism. Played into the hands of the very political establishment responsible for their being left behind. Played out with a faux patriotism and appeal to a (debatable) bygone "greatness." 

The right thing? Not in a million years. 

The analysis on Boris, sorry, that's wrong. Johnson has proven his popularity (in England) with a huge win in 2019. Yes, people actually voted for him. I know it's hard to believe but he was a popular figure ... I'm sure you'll recall GPR. Polls suggest differently now ... I would say let's hope they prove correct but the so-called government in waiting has very little to commend them either.

I continue to despair.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2022 at 8:52pm
Starmer, is what Jeremy Hardy would call a "supply leader" (as in supply teacher), who comes in for short periods to teach the same syllabus while the usual teacher recovers from whatever causes his absence. In this case Starmer will use the same neo-liberal, anti-working class policies as his tory establishment friends, until he's sussed out, (and Boris forgotten) so that the tories can carry on after the next election with no harm done to the rich.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 152153154155156 160>
  Share Topic