Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

[POTENTIAL SPOILERS] Game Of Thrones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Thought the whole season was poor with a pretty tame ending. One of the episodes took place almost completely in the dark which waspoor TV to say the least!!!!!
what did you expect? It was called the Long Night for a reason!
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

So, it's all finished. What are everyone's thoughts? I was quite disappointed  with the ending to be honest, the whole series seemed rushed 

I'm hugely deflated at it all. After the death of the Night King which I thought was excellent, the season went down hill quicker than ours!

I think one of the most frustrating things was the whole show was geared towards seeing who will sit on the Iron Throne at the very end & the [beep]ing Dragon melted it!!

ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL

In the Dragon's defence, he melted the chair because Bran already has one LOLLOLLOL

Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Thought the whole season was poor with a pretty tame ending. One of the episodes took place almost completely in the dark which waspoor TV to say the least!!!!!

It was a first for me having to adjust the brightness on my TV to max, and dig out the night-vision glasses just to watch/see anything LOLLOLLOL

Has to be the first in TV history ConfusedConfusedConfused
Scarlets!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 11:26am

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

So, it's all finished. What are everyone's thoughts? I was quite disappointed  with the ending to be honest, the whole series seemed rushed 

I'm hugely deflated at it all. After the death of the Night King which I thought was excellent, the season went down hill quicker than ours!

I think one of the most frustrating things was the whole show was geared towards seeing who will sit on the Iron Throne at the very end & the [beep]ing Dragon melted it!!

ClapClapClapLOLLOLLOL

In the Dragon's defence, he melted the chair because Bran already has one LOLLOLLOL

Love it, to be honest such as the poor quality of the second half of the season, I half expected the dragon to sit on the throne.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 1:58pm
the Dragon was surprisingly bright for your average dragon . Another spin off show reserved as Daniโ€™s  body was taken away by her dragon and where to and what for ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by reesytheexile - 22 May 2019 at 1:59pm
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:04pm
I for one, have been really let down. 7 excellent series, and to finish 1 rushed, shortened series.

My biggest issue was the numerous examples of plot holes/plot armour/poor dialogue/cliches, something GOT grew its reputation upon avoiding.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:04pm

dreadful ending,

Rushed series with huge plot gaps , and also butchered the creative "arcs" of many major characters especially Jamie CryCry.

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:08pm

it;s called the long night not pitch black tv LOLLOL

tbh that episode was a nonsense as well,  can we post spoilers here or not?

Edited by RR1972 - 22 May 2019 at 4:16pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 8:08am

I expected to see what was happening as it was meant to be TV not radio!!!!
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:18am
It's a shame the series overtook the books because I think the quality of story and particularly dialogue did take a hit from that point on: testimony to George R. R. Martin's writing.

Other than that quite amazing show really; think Breaking Bad still my favourite but as a chemist I would say that. There is a certain attraction in just hitting people you don't like with a sword that's probably within all of our genetic makeups.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:01am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

It's a shame the series overtook the books because I think the quality of story and particularly dialogue did take a hit from that point on: testimony to George R. R. Martin's writing.

Other than that quite amazing show really; think Breaking Bad still my favourite but as a chemist I would say that. There is a certain attraction in just hitting people you don't like with a sword that's probably within all of our genetic makeups.

Don't start us off an hitting people with a sword for goodness sake. There are enough very sad supporters on here - we don't want to create an incident.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

it;s called the long night not pitch black tv LOLLOL

tbh that episode was a nonsense as well,  can we post spoilers here or not?

Donโ€™t see why not, if anyone still hasnโ€™t seen the series and clicks on a thread with potential spoilers in it then on their own head be it..
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:24pm

most expensive tv battle scene in history and was too dark to tell who was who, If I was HBO I would be tampingLOLLOL
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:17pm

most expensive tv battle scene in history and was too dark to tell who was who, If I was HBO I would be tampingLOLLOL

I thought the Dothraki were all obliterated that night - certainly their fire lit sabres went out pretty quickly as they ran into the living dead However, the  last episode there were hordes of them again- where did they suddenly come from ?  Had to laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I thought the Dothraki were all obliterated that night - certainly their fire lit sabres went out pretty quickly as they ran into the living dead However, the  last episode there were hordes of them again- where did they suddenly come from ?  Had to laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚

yes the exact quote "we are seeing the end of the dothraki" two epsiodes later they are riding around kings landing hacking lannister soldiers and civilians to bits

Then the unsullied butcher anyone who even fights vs their queen, but when jon snow murders her he is taken prisoner? hmm ok
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:12pm
OK as an avid fan of thrones and the fact that I've stayed up for the majority 2am shows for the last 4 seasons I'm going to put my pennies worth in.

1. The show should not have been made shorter, HBO wanted longer season's and possibly up to 10 seasons. The show runners wanted 8 and the last 2 to be shortened, because they thought the story line was taking too long. HOW WRONG were they.
  2. At the end of season 7 the night king tears down the wall. (What the hell were all those symbols about) If it was the plan all along to make the long night the secondary story line then they should have extended 7 to 10 episodes and finished the season with the flying arya moment. that would have been a great ending
  3. season 8 should have then been about the 'great war' this would have given time for the season to be setup properly and make the 6 episodes about the battle for the Iron Throne.
  4. Daenerys was a crazy bitch all along, the signs were there from season 1.....
  5. On to the ending.
  6. Personally I don't think the ending was that bad, it was just the way it got there.
  7. Jame and Cersie's death was perfect, for the whole of the season Cersie was a b***h, she was so C**K sure that she was going to win it all and then in the end she showed that she was actually a human after all and truly loved her brother.........
  8. Drogon melted the throne because it was that what made his mum go mad. the dragon whas the most intelligent of them all.....
  9. Jon killing Dani was the only way it could have gone.. that way was perfect. In the end everyone had betrayed her and he realised that no matter what he said or did she was going to kill everyone that opposed her including his sisters.
  10. the trial - This scene could have fixed the whole show. Instead of just Tyrion they should have brought Jon up as well. Bran and Samwell could have revealed to all the lords that Jon was the true heir to the throne and offered it to him, but Jon being Jon and guilt ridden for killing Dani, could have just abdicated and said sorry I'm out with a mic drop and said he's leaving westross to go north. Tyrion could have then had his speech and Bran had the throne and all would have ended well................
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic