Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team v Munster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets team v Munster
    Posted: 28 February 2020 at 12:16pm
Nice to see Cummins hitting form.  When he first arrived he was excellent. Let’s hope his mojo is back and has a cracker 
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Let's hope Brad gets his selection right with the weather as it is, he did not pick his heaviest 0ack to start against Edinburgh. So a 6-2 split on bench with Dan Davis covering the wing position. 

I have heard worse ideas 157cb. Dan, in his school days, was an excellent centre - 13 and many thought/think he could make it playing there. Hell of a midfield Llandeilo had with Dan & Cory.Big smile
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2020 at 9:33am

Let's hope Brad gets his selection right with the weather as it is, he did not pick his heaviest 0ack to start against Edinburgh. So a 6-2 split on bench with Dan Davis covering the wing position. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2020 at 8:06am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Yes, Cummins has come back well from obscurity. He has a better build for a mudbath showdown, more reminiscent of the Somme than Samoa. If everybody was available, I'd have Jake starting alongside Cummins with Tex starting at 8 and Lousi to help run in the tries after we've achieved forward superiority.
You have a better chance of achieving forward superiority with Lousi at lock IMO

I tend to agree. Ball, Louisi with Tex at 8, Aaron at 6, Mcloud at 7 with Cummins and Casseim on the bench. When you look at the way front row forwards play a huge part in the carrying process with other teams I can't help feel that we are underpowered in that area. From the little I have seen  Sebastian seems our best carrier. It also seems time for Ryan to be given more starts. He is our biggest and most effective carrying 2. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 5:52pm

Yes, Cummins has come back well from obscurity. He has a better build for a mudbath showdown, more reminiscent of the Somme than Samoa. If everybody was available, I'd have Jake starting alongside Cummins with Tex starting at 8 and Lousi to help run in the tries after we've achieved forward superiority.
You have a better chance of achieving forward superiority with Lousi at lock IMO
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 5:47pm
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 5:13pm
Cummins played well last 2 games. 4 strong second rows. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 4:18pm

Munster yn y glaw?
Do we have any updates on availability of injured players?
Let's not go for the sort of light/mobile pack we started against Edinburgh. I'd even be tempted to include Jac Morgan whose performance against France U20 in atrocious conditions was exemplary.
Let's start with Tex and Cummins, MacLeod, Morgan and Cassiem and if, somehow, we manage to be camped on the Munster line swap Tex for Cassiem in the scrum - who knows he might have better luck in crashing over.

Wouldn't you have Louisi ahead of Cummins with Cummins on the bench. 

My forwards for the game would be :-

1. Price 2. Taylor 3. Samson/Sebastian 4. Louisi 5. Tex 6. Aaron 7. McLoud 8 Casseim
16. Jones/Phillips 17. Dylan 18. Werner 19. Cummins 20 Rawlins 21. Dan

Its clearly going to be a slugfest and kicking will be key. AOB, Dan & hopefully Patchell all to be in the 23. I would be very tempted to start with Evans at 9. 

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 4:13pm
They have had two easy games this is the best opportunity to catch them napping. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 3:56pm
Munster yn y glaw?
Do we have any updates on availability of injured players?
Let's not go for the sort of light/mobile pack we started against Edinburgh. I'd even be tempted to include Jac Morgan whose performance against France U20 in atrocious conditions was exemplary.
Let's start with Tex and Cummins, MacLeod, Morgan and Cassiem and if, somehow, we manage to be camped on the Munster line swap Tex for Cassiem in the scrum - who knows he might have better luck in crashing over.
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 3:37pm
Neither have cared that much for Scarlets for 18 months. 

cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 3:06pm
and I thought player release would improve when Pivac and Steve got the Wales jobs. Disappointed.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Another storm forecast for the weekend ,not looking good for South of Ireland .

I was hoping we would have had a few more players released for Munster .

Lets hope we have practised what we were poor against Edinburgh - maximising our opportunities in the red zone. In all fairness AOB & Dan couldn't have kicked much better than they did in poor conditions against Edinburgh. A repeat would do nicely. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 12:47pm

Another storm forecast for the weekend ,not looking good for South of Ireland .

I was hoping we would have had a few more players released for Munster .
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 12:42pm
Liam not being released. Only Aaron coming back.Cry
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Ireland v Italy game is off - will all the Irish internationals be available for their clubs now?
Bad for Scarlets as the Munster guys will be released back no doubt. Bad news and an unfair scenario ( although winning away was going to be a big challenge for us minus internationals )😕

They played last Sunday so it is unlikely.
They will have this weekend off and probably have a run out next weekend instead.
Hopefully your right 👍

Munster don't have any games after Saturday until 20th March Benetton away and that will probably be cancelled.
Munster fully loaded then ? 🤔😱
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic