Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 305>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 4:50pm
Some 1300 cases from November to February were added to yesterday’s UK figures.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 5:01pm
To note when NHS England say they are inviting 45-50 year olds to book their jabs the first bookings are in about 15 days.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 5:09pm
For anyone who thinks they might have been overlooked ( it can happen I guess) in Hywel Dda the advice is :-

Hywel Dda University Health Board

Aged 80 and over: contact your GP.

Aged 50 or over or or aged 16-64 with certain underlying health condition: call 0300 303 8322 or email COVIDenquiries.hdd@wales.nhs.uk.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 5:16pm
For some perspective and light hearted jollyness...

This week has seen the below categories called forward to be in the fist 500k of vaccines in Kenya :-

-Staff involved in the upcoming Safari rally.
-Members ( and partners), staff (including caddies) at Nairobi Golf and Country Club.
-NGO's

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

This week has seen the below categories called forward to be in the fist 500k of vaccines in Kenya :-

-Members ( and partners), staff (including caddies) at Nairobi Golf and Country Club.
-NGO's

tell them it will only be a scratch.LOL
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 6:09pm

-NGO's

That’ll teach you for picking rugby over golf and going on safaris. 

Edited by SA14 - 13 April 2021 at 6:09pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 6:34pm

For anyone who thinks they might have been overlooked ( it can happen I guess) in Hywel Dda the advice is :-

Hywel Dda University Health Board

Aged 80 and over: contact your GP.

Aged 50 or over or or aged 16-64 with certain underlying health condition: call 0300 303 8322 or email COVIDenquiries.hdd@wales.nhs.uk.

Yep & they tell you to call your surgery, who tel you they’re not ready to offer you a jab. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2021 at 7:51pm
Suggests that there is a database conflict as the surgery is where the vaccine plan originates.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 8:31am
This is all from a distance so might be off track, but I sensed the underlying tension from the Govt and the Scientific community around re-opening up o/s bars and non essential shops in the press over the last couple of days...
Johnson saying we have the low case rates, hospitalizations and fatality rates because of the lockdown and not because of he vaccine ( which must contradict the 100+ times he's said the vaccines is they way out).

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 8:50am

This is all from a distance so might be off track, but I sensed the underlying tension from the Govt and the Scientific community around re-opening up o/s bars and non essential shops in the press over the last couple of days...
Johnson saying we have the low case rates, hospitalizations and fatality rates because of the lockdown and not because of he vaccine ( which must contradict the 100+ times he's said the vaccines is they way out).

Its the million dollar question Wil - is it now lockdown winning or vaccinations? Once you allow bars to open it is inevitable that people will behave "normally" & distancing, facemasks etc will go out the window. The worries for all concerned in tackling this pandemic is will the vaccination programme combat the undoubted surge in infections this lockdown easing brings & what will happen if & when a new variant emerges which current vaccines do not work against. Trying to go back to imposing lockdowns will be a tough ask. 

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 8:50am
Yes I to ,felt a big shift in Johnson’s position on this. He is being very responsible here! One does wonder why ? 🤨 Anyway I feel happier to see him like this!

Edited by reesytheexile - 14 April 2021 at 8:51am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 8:58am
Yes I think it's clear that things are in fact not clear yet...

TBH I talk to colleagues in the US and the general rhetoric there is once double vaccinated ( which is happening at pace) life is back to normal.

I'm not convinced, nor should they be really.

In some ways a pause in the next roll out steps might not be a bad thing.

Edited by Wil Chips - 14 April 2021 at 8:59am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 5:41pm
I genuinely can’t see how to untangle the travel web for any tourism this Summer.

If, as predicted and we seem in course to attain, the case levels/hospitalisation.fatality rate continue on the current trajectory it builds the clamour to get on the plane to somewhere sunny.

However when you look at the likely destinations, i.e. those that might have things under some degree of control ( and are willing to accept visitors of course) they are pretty limited.

It’s hard to imagine, that after what has actually been the longest and most restrictive lockdown anywhere in this pandemic, that the government would just throw all that away.

I’d advocate the other way of thinking...expand the red list to include countries that should rightfully be there, none of the top 4 countries with the highest case rates are currently on the red list, and accounted for over half the cases recorded yesterday ( India, USA, Turkey and France).

I’m a stay tough sort of guy. Easy to say I know.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 5:59pm
This summer holidays on the med looks over optimistic ...we shall have to satisfy ourselves with barbecues and ball games across pembrokeshire and cornwall etc At the current rate worldwide, theyre jabbing around 16 million a day / 500 million a month at that pace  5.1 billion people should have been offered 1 jab each by the end of the year...Thats pretty much all the available adults on the planet, apart from the odd anti vaxxer in penyfan lol . Then 1 more year to get everyone the second jab. Obviously the hope is this will accelerate so hopefully everyone across the world may be double jabbed by next summer

Edited by roy munster - 14 April 2021 at 6:01pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2021 at 7:17pm
Finding it odd how swansea Bay Trust is now giving the option of anyone over 18 registering on a reserve list for the jab. Relative who is in mid 30s today had the jab and she lives in Swansea. 
While hywel dda are keeping to age group, looking from outside have Swansea bay had more vaccine or am I missing something obvious?
I had my jab yesterday after having letter sent on 23rd March,  yet all my work colleagues living in Swansea and Port Talbot have had their jabs over last 2 weeks. All are in early to mid 40s.
Wife is in mid 40s so is still waiting for letter for 1st jab. We live in Ammanford.

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2021 at 8:45am
I postponed last year’s holiday to France and moved it into this Summer rather than cancel it altogether.  Felt sure things would be more or less normal by this summer.  Now contemplating day trips from home to the beach again.

On another point.  My good lady wife was reading something last night about 'Brain Fog', caused by a year of lockdown.  If anyone thinks they're suffering from being unable to think clearly, unable to concentrate in meetings, follow a plot on a television drama then you are not alone.  Apparently, we have evolved to notice change and when nothing changes, we tend to switch off.  We are more likely to be 'awake' in a meeting that we have travelled to than a zoom meeting where we moved from the sofa to the table.

Might be worth finding out more about that, especially if there is any advice out there on picking ourselves up out of it.

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 305>
  Share Topic