Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 305>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bills burr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2021 at 12:20pm
Half a million at wembley reading wimbledon but still a struggle to get face to face appointments with your doctors...Madness. The gap in the two tier system between the corporate rich paymasters and the rest is now a chasm bigger than the grand canyon
B BURR
Sponsored Links

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2021 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by bills burr bills burr wrote:

Half a million at wembley reading wimbledon but still a struggle to get face to face appointments with your doctors...Madness. The gap in the two tier system between the corporate rich paymasters and the rest is now a chasm bigger than the grand canyon
I always find the complaints about face to face appointments weird. If a GP gets Covid that’s 10 days he can’t see ANYONE face to face. Surely anything that reduces the chances of that, keeps patients safer and allows the GP to ‘see’ more people each day is a good thing. Truth is the only way to solve this is to have more GPs - something that will take years, and so I can’t see this going away anytime soon.
bills burr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bills burr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by bills burr bills burr wrote:

I always find the complaints about face to face appointments weird. If a GP gets Covid that’s 10 days he can’t see ANYONE face to face. Surely anything that reduces the chances of that, keeps patients safer and allows the GP to ‘see’ more people each day is a good thing. Truth is the only way to solve this is to have more GPs - something that will take years, and so I can’t see this going away anytime soon.

Theyve had 18 months to put a screen up..everyone else has had to adjust why not them??.not just gp's hospital appointments too, millions cancelled but you can meet your doctor at wembley stadium wimbledon or a music festival. Madness

Edited by bills burr - 16 September 2021 at 3:15pm
B BURR
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2021 at 6:29pm
down to only 39000 jabs today, pathetic. Why dont they contact people to book them in like they did before?  Relying on teenagers to turn up for a jab at a festival is absurd
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2021 at 5:19pm
Ireland now no.1 top rated country to live in re-Coronavirus

U.K. 16th

I must say a year ago I was fully behind the idea that we were idiots and Aus/NZ got it right but as they fumble their way out of it with all sorts of bizarre draconian laws still in place I sympathise a bit more with the idea it was better to get through it than eliminate it
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2021 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

U.K. 16th

I must say a year ago I was fully behind the idea that we were idiots and Aus/NZ got it right but as they fumble their way out of it with all sorts of bizarre draconian laws still in place I sympathise a bit more with the idea it was better to get through it than eliminate it

It's definitely useful taking a step back and looking with interest how different countries approached the problem and how they got on. While maybe the UK aimed to "get through it" there is the fact that the UK is still recording 100-200 deaths per day, so on track for 50,000 per year. To me, the biggest difference is public acceptance of these sort of numbers. We still have autumn and winter to come, while Australia and NZ are entering spring and summer. This winter for the UK I've said for a while is going to be a very useful test of vaccination as a strategy but we are arguably into a different stage of covid in the UK (living alongside it) compared to Australia and NZ (preventing largescale outbreaks).
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 10:00am
I'm not sure you could argue Australia have been successful in avoiding large scale outbreaks, 100k cases since July (and increasing).

The odd thing is why NZ and Australis, and others, didn't take the opportunity to pile in to a vaccine solution with virtually no cases throughout the first half of this year.

The number of deaths around the world last week was the lowest in the last 12 months.

The only region of the world where cases are growing is Eastern Europe/Russia, right now.

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 1:05pm
I think having the world most locked down city (Melbourne) still having restrictions 20+ months after the outbreak of covid is a failure, despite their successes of having deaths low.

We’re only now seeing some of the longer term affects of lockdown all over the world with energy shortages, the price all energy rising, including extreme events like coal fired power stations in Germany/India running out of coal.

It’ll be interesting what else emerges over the next few years as knock on consequences of the pandemic response 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

U.K. 16th

It's definitely useful taking a step back and looking with interest how different countries approached the problem and how they got on. While maybe the UK aimed to "get through it" there is the fact that the UK is still recording 100-200 deaths per day, so on track for 50,000 per year. To me, the biggest difference is public acceptance of these sort of numbers. We still have autumn and winter to come, while Australia and NZ are entering spring and summer. This winter for the UK I've said for a while is going to be a very useful test of vaccination as a strategy but we are arguably into a different stage of covid in the UK (living alongside it) compared to Australia and NZ (preventing largescale outbreaks).

No one is wearing masks anymore at any sports stadium, of except the head coaches and the substitutes? Does that make any sense doc?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 8:08pm
I’m one of the vocal supporters of the Senedd but for an issue as big as this to be settled by a technical mis-hap is absurd!
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2021 at 9:07pm
The figures for NZ are what we could only dream of achieving- they call a few hundred new cases a week as sobering, yet we have 30k new cases a day in the uk, we are having almost as many deaths per day in the UK as New Zealand are having new cases in 1 week.  
Plus we need to consider that Australia and New Zealand are coming out of their winter we are we are hitting these huge number of infections and deaths and we are only just into autumn.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 5:19am
With respect, I agree they have been superb in their handling of the pandemic, but they have no road map out of it, and their economy is in real trouble.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 8:26am
Yes there is a very difficult balancing act needed to try to deal with this pandemic and its after effects. It appears to me that whilst NZ & Aus got it spot on at the beginning they have messed up their return to normality big time fuelled by a fairly ambivalent attitude towards vaccination. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 10:37am
I agree with that sentiment.  A friend of mine in Sydney hasn’t long had his 1st vaccination, I don’t believe that there was that push for vaccinations as the number of infections for the first year were so low due to their border controls and lockdowns, but as soon as they opened up again the virus spread rapidly with few protected by the vaccines.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2021 at 1:01pm
Yep, they did the right thing early protecting their citizens, but squandered their opportunity to come out of the pandemic quickly too. 

They’re now basically stuck in the mud, where they’re trying to run and hide from the most contagious variant which is not possible.

But I’d guess the fear of the original disease also helped to build a degree of vaccine hesitancy in the population.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2021 at 11:21am
UK deaths: 137,000.
Australia deaths: 1,378.

Accounting for population, the UK has a 40-fold higher death rate than Australia. I leave it to others to decide whether "the economy" is worth that or not and who it actually benefits for us having prioritised it. But still too early to judge for me.

Some states like NSW in Australia have also got their vaccination percentages up to 70% rapidly as well now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 278279280281282 305>
  Share Topic