Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corona virus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 305>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 7:44am
Disheartening.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Hallowen partys, 4 ai games, busy pubs i reckon well have another spike 

I think its inevitable. Xmas lockdown here we come!!!!

Having seen the scenes from Cardiff on Saturday I think the lockdown may be coming sooner. 10's of thousands of people milling around indoors and out with no masks & no thoughts or ability to social distance. If there were any anti vac individuals included they must be bonkers. 

If I was a betting man I think it might be introduced on 22nd November conveniently after the final game at the Principality!!!!!!
I don't know if anyone has seen the video of the guy in all blacks kit number 69 on the back getting on the pitch unopposed during the all blacks anthem but he did have a black face mask on which nobody else seemed to in his section,quite funny but shocking security.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 8:38am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Hallowen partys, 4 ai games, busy pubs i reckon well have another spike 

I think its inevitable. Xmas lockdown here we come!!!!

Having seen the scenes from Cardiff on Saturday I think the lockdown may be coming sooner. 10's of thousands of people milling around indoors and out with no masks & no thoughts or ability to social distance. If there were any anti vac individuals included they must be bonkers. 

If I was a betting man I think it might be introduced on 22nd November conveniently after the final game at the Principality!!!!!!
I don't know if anyone has seen the video of the guy in all blacks kit number 69 on the back getting on the pitch unopposed during the all blacks anthem but he did have a black face mask on which nobody else seemed to in his section,quite funny but shocking security.

Yes Nigel - the security implication are enormous. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 9:41am
I was as the game loads of stewards there and the crowd was good natured, back logs at the bar and toilets (what’s new) but no bother there. After the game cardiff was like a zoo , queues at the bars, chip shops and train stations.  I’d be amazed if there’s no spike after this weekend
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 4:06pm
Can someone enlighten me pls what are the rules with face masks atm? 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2021 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Can someone enlighten me pls what are the rules with face masks atm? 
In Wales you have to wear them in all public indoor spaces that don’t serve food or drinks. So any indoor public space that isn’t a pub, restaurant, cafe or nightclub etc (not that I think the last one would apply to you!). Whether people comply with it is of course another question entirely.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2021 at 2:15pm
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2021 at 9:17pm
What did you expect. They always do the opposite. That’s politics for you. If Boris said tomorrow they’ve changed their mind the day after Drakeford would say they have too. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2021 at 10:10pm
The uptake of the vaccination within the whole of the NHS in Wales is 95% (and I include myself in that figure).  The figures in the other devolved nations is similar.
That is why the WAG feel that they don’t need to make it compulsory for all NHS Wales staff to be vaccinated to stay in their posts.
However the figures in England are much lower, the figure being bandied about by Savid Javid are 100k nurses and when you add to that the other health professionals within the NHS who also haven’t been vaccinated, that figure could be upwards of 110k.

Edited by Legendinmybathroom - 10 November 2021 at 10:12pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 1:37am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

The uptake of the vaccination within the whole of the NHS in Wales is 95% (and I include myself in that figure).  The figures in the other devolved nations is similar.
That is why the WAG feel that they don’t need to make it compulsory for all NHS Wales staff to be vaccinated to stay in their posts.
However the figures in England are much lower, the figure being bandied about by Savid Javid are 100k nurses and when you add to that the other health professionals within the NHS who also haven’t been vaccinated, that figure could be upwards of 110k.

even if it is 5%, that can kill 100s of thousands of the most vulnerable. Honestly why take such a  risk again, its totally unnecessary and frankly its bonkers. Get ALL nhs and care home workers double jabbed , UNLESS they have serious health reason why they cant. If they still choose not to have it, hit the road jack. Would you want unvaccinated staff caring for your friends and relatives ? I wouldnt neither would most people
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 3:23am

even if it is 5%, that can kill 100s of thousands of the most vulnerable. Honestly why take such a  risk again, its totally unnecessary risk 

Eh? How are you working that out.

150k have died in total from pandemic, so 5% of unvaxxed NHS staff isn’t going to kill another 100k..?

If 5% of NHS staff can’t come into work one week what affect does that have on NHS capacity? How many patient lives does that affect?

As far as I can tell getting the vaccine reduces your chance of transmitting the virus by 50%… that’s better than nothing but IMO it weakens the social obligation to get vaxxed, much less than say if the vaccine reduced your likelihood of transmitting by 80%+.

The most selfish thing they’re really doing is making themselves 10x more likely to end up in a hospital bed if they do catch covid - taking up a hospital bed from someone who could otherwise need it.

I think it’s right to use mandates sparingly, only if one is an overwhelming risk to others - and “twice as likely to spread covid” isn’t enough for me to say get rid of 5% of the workforce.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 9:19am

even if it is 5%, that can kill 100s of thousands of the most vulnerable. Honestly why take such a  risk again, its totally unnecessary and frankly its bonkers. Get ALL nhs and care home workers double jabbed , UNLESS they have serious health reason why they cant. If they still choose not to have it, hit the road jack. Would you want unvaccinated staff caring for your friends and relatives ? I wouldnt neither would most people
I’m afraid the question you’re asking there is the wrong one. The question you should be asking is would you prefer to be looked after by an unvaccinated nurse / health worker, or no one? The NHS has serious staffing problems. If they overnight lose 5% of their staff then that would mean greatly reduced care and all types of other problems. Yes, staff who refuse to get vaccinated are selfish, but getting rid of 5% of the health workforce is going to make everything a lot worse. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 9:26am
FREEDOM DAY!
I complete my Covid isolation period today! Only moderate cold symptoms tbh. I am a shielded person with my lungs and obviously the fear of Covid affecting them was a big worry! Double vaxef and booster jabbed ( the latter only 3 days before my positive test ) will have helped so much! So big thanks to the brilliant scientists and NHS Wales! As some political pillock once said “ I’m bursting with antibodies “ 😂
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

FREEDOM DAY!
I complete my Covid isolation period today! Only moderate cold symptoms tbh. I am a shielded person with my lungs and obviously the fear of Covid affecting them was a big worry! Double vaxef and booster jabbed ( the latter only 3 days before my positive test ) will have helped so much! So big thanks to the brilliant scientists and NHS Wales! As some political pillock once said “ I’m bursting with antibodies “ 😂

Good to hear Reesy - so its clubbing at the weekend then - remember to take your mask. Cool
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

FREEDOM DAY!
glad your on the mend fella. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

I’m afraid the question you’re asking there is the wrong one. The question you should be asking is would you prefer to be looked after by an unvaccinated nurse / health worker, or no one? The NHS has serious staffing problems. If they overnight lose 5% of their staff then that would mean greatly reduced care and all types of other problems. Yes, staff who refuse to get vaccinated are selfish, but getting rid of 5% of the health workforce is going to make everything a lot worse. 
why wouldn’t any one have a jab? Espec people who see how much damage the virud has caused as part of their daily working life? Bit of a puzzle to me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282283284285286 305>
  Share Topic