Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Munster v Scarlets match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2020 at 11:52pm
Just seen the game.I don't wish to be repetitive.
Decisions should be made.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Do I detect an unhappy supporter Dic???? On watching the game don't you think we were well in it until the 70th minute??
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Do I detect an unhappy supporter Dic???? On watching the game don't you think we were well in it until the 70th minute??
Yes we were.Forwards were on top and impressive.Munster were not great-their backs failed to put anything together until the 76th minute and then they couldn't finish(good tackle by Conbeer though).Our threequarters failed to put anything together at all.Why?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 10:57am

Yes we were.Forwards were on top and impressive.Munster were not great-their backs failed to put anything together until the 76th minute and then they couldn't finish(good tackle by Conbeer though).Our threequarters failed to put anything together at all.Why?

Well some mitigating factors were poor weather and of course 2nd half down a back. We did have one very good chance in the 1st half with a clear overlap on the right but Asquith's pass was poor and the chance went. 

It is certainly time for AOB to get a run at 10 but that leaves us short at 15 until our Welsh boys return. His pace will worry teams and he and Evans could form a very good half back pairing. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 2:25pm
If it looks as if Patchell still won't be ready by the time we play Connacht then I wouldn't mind seeing a Jonathon Evans / AOB halfback partnership. As for the question of who takes AOBs place at 15 we could always give Prydie another go, recall Tomi Lewis or try Tom Rogers (who I think has played there for Llanelli)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

If it looks as if Patchell still won't be ready by the time we play Connacht then I wouldn't mind seeing a Jonathon Evans / AOB halfback partnership. As for the question of who takes AOBs place at 15 we could always give Prydie another go, recall Tomi Lewis or try Tom Rogers (who I think has played there for Llanelli)

Hopefully we will have one of the 3 with Wales back for Connacht preferably Leigh or Liam. For me Jonny is a the last option. As for Evans & AOB they certainly deserve the chance. Dan is a good servant & his kicking game is generally accurate. He has also improved his defence but lack of pace is always going to hinder him. AOB has a pretty useful kicking game but holds the trump card with acceleration & pace. 
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 3:31pm

Hopefully we will have one of the 3 with Wales back for Connacht preferably Leigh or Liam. For me Jonny is a the last option. As for Evans & AOB they certainly deserve the chance. Dan is a good servant & his kicking game is generally accurate. He has also improved his defence but lack of pace is always going to hinder him. AOB has a pretty useful kicking game but holds the trump card with acceleration & pace. 
I’d have Rogers over McNicholl at fb but hopefully Sanjay or Leigh will be back. Haven’t seen much of Tom James or prydie for a while??
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 5:16pm

Prydie at 15 and aob at 10 is worth a go if the big guns are not back, but surely sanjay will need the game time

Connacht have a really tough run in and ours is   easier and our hardest two games after this are home.
  I fully expect us to l finish 3rd (and pretty certain leinster will beat us in Dublin in the play offs ) but if we beat Connacht we are nailed on for 3rd

Edited by RR1972 - 02 March 2020 at 5:27pm
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Prydie at 15 and aob at 10 is worth a go if the big guns are not back, but surely sanjay will need the game time

Connacht have a really tough run in and ours is   easier and our hardest two games after this are home.
  I fully expect us to l finish 3rd (and pretty certain leinster will beat us in Dublin in the play offs ) but if we beat Connacht we are nailed on for 3rd
If we finish third we’ll be playing Ulster away in the QF and Edinburgh away in the SF (both dependent on how results go between now and the end of the season.) What is nigh on certain is that we won’t be playing Leinster until the final at the earliest if we finish third as they are currently 20 points clear at the top of their conference.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

If we finish third we’ll be playing Ulster away in the QF and Edinburgh away in the SF (both dependent on how results go between now and the end of the season.) What is nigh on certain is that we won’t be playing Leinster until the final at the earliest if we finish third as they are currently 20 points clear at the top of their conference.
don’t 3rd play first? Sorry if i’m mistsken
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2020 at 7:04pm

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

[QUOTE=Ffidel Bennett]If it looks as if Patchell still won't be ready by the time we play Connacht then I wouldn't mind seeing a Jonathon Evans / AOB halfback partnership. As for the question of who takes AOBs place at 15 we could always give Prydie another go, recall Tomi Lewis or try Tom Rogers (who I think has played there for Llanelli)

don’t 3rd play first? Sorry if i’m mistsken[/QUOTE

3rd in Conference B play 2nd in Conference A, and vice versa. 1st from both conferences are straight in to the semi final.

Edited by ap sior - 02 March 2020 at 7:05pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2020 at 7:35am
If we finish 3rd we will probably play Ulster away in the quarters. Win that & we will play the conference B winners away. Ulster & Edinburgh away are two very big asks but not in the same stratosphere as Leinster in Dublin. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic