Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 50>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 11:23am
I’m not convinced by that Murray selection. I thought Price went well. The biggest issue with scrum halves these days is they f*** around with the ball at the base of the ruck instead of passing it! Price is one of the few who just gets it out. 

Murray clearly there for even better box kicking contests.

Pleased for Faletau and Chris Harris. Harris had a good 6N and at the age of 30, I bet he thought he didn’t see this day coming 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 11:31am
Looks to me that the versatility of Farrell and Daly gets them in squad not ability and Gatland not to sure of Harris. Shame for Liam who offers more if you chasing game. If  Biggar fails HIA then only one Welsh player starts must be many tours ago that last happened. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 11:38am
Lets be honest lads - I appreciate that Liam is a hero to many on here but what the hell has he done in the last 12 months? Only played a few games for the Scarlets and got a card; in his other games he could easily have seen other cards - he is a penalty or card waiting to happen which the Lions can ill afford. 

I agree that Hogg can make the odd costly error but he is best available. Calls for Watson to start at 15 are way off in my mind - he is a far better winger than 15. Have we all forgotten how he was stepped by Beirne a few years ago!!!!
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Calls for Watson to start at 15 are way off in my mind - he is a far better winger than 15. Have we all forgotten how he was stepped by Beirne a few years ago!!!!

LOLLOLLOL
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 12:18pm
No one had that selection, a little surprised, a few were certainly 50/50 selections, and for once I feel Townsend influence had a few in. Hogg was pretty bad in the last few games with Exeter, and quite rightly got dropped, and really has he been that better so far. Harris has been good, but I do worry a little bit about the physicality and combination at centre. Gatland often talks about combination and I thought as Aki/Henshaw who have played a lot with Connacht and Ireland together might have swung it.
I am glad that Beirne is kept.

Well we all know what the game will be like on Sat a lot of kicking with our 9 & 10, it will be close.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 12:32pm
Anyone know the technicalities on how/why Biggar is deemed fit to play after failing a HIA last week? 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Anyone know the technicalities on how/why Biggar is deemed fit to play after failing a HIA last week? 

Well the minimum period for a return is, I believe 7 days. He has passed all his tests so far and if he continues will be clear to train fully on Thursday. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lets be honest lads - I appreciate that Liam is a hero to many on here but what the hell has he done in the last 12 months? Only played a few games for the Scarlets and got a card; in his other games he could easily have seen other cards - he is a penalty or card waiting to happen which the Lions can ill afford. 

I agree that Hogg can make the odd costly error but he is best available. Calls for Watson to start at 15 are way off in my mind - he is a far better winger than 15. Have we all forgotten how he was stepped by Beirne a few years ago!!!!
Totally agree with you on Liam. Not surprised with his omission. Cawdor must be disappointed- no game time at all in the Tests . Of course if we win on Saturday Gats may be more generous in selection of fringe players- although I doubt it!!he will want a 3-0

Edited by reesytheexile - 27 July 2021 at 12:38pm
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Of course if we win on Saturday Gats may be more generous in selection of fringe players- although I doubt it!!he will want a 3-0

Quite right, he’s had a 2-1 loss SA last time, a 2-1 win in Aus, a 1-1 draw in NZ - will be hoping to get a whitewash on his CV.

I’d love to see the likes of LRZ and Adams get caps in the 3rd test if the lions did seal it this weekend. 

But my prediction is SA make it 1-1 this Sat.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

What are your addressing here?

The fact that people are never happy. It’s straightforward. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 1:23pm
Some changes as expected, and some not (for me, anyway).

Daly deservedly benched with Harris benefiting - no surprise there.

Murray for Price a surprise to me - Price gets the ball away much quicker. This can only mean even less running, and more box kicking, in the second test... I'm not convinced that was the way to go, given that the Lions basically won by superior fitness and keeping the ball on the park. Murray lucky, IMO.

Vunipola for Sutherland - expected, since Wyn isn't fit... against my expectations, V. showed up quite well in the scrums - he has praised Robin McBryde for his work on his technique. (He's 30 FFS! What have the England scrum coaches been not doing?) I think it's a reward for what we saw in the first test.

Faletau for Wilson - W. blotted his copybook and was very lucky to avoid a YC, so no real surprise.

Surprise non-changes:

I'd have started Ken for Cowan-Dickie, whose lineout throwing went off beam for a while... scrums also improved with Ken.

Curry a bit lucky - he gave away a number of important penalties, but also did some good work... maybe Gats thinks a good bo**oc*ing will sort hm out so that he does the good stuff without the stupid pens.

Otherwise - pretty much as expected. Gatland will have to hope that this clear plan to play the power game with Murray at 9 will work. It'll be a close call, IMO.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

You being the first amongst them!LOLLOLLOL
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

You being the first amongst them!LOLLOLLOL

Don't quote a Wales Online article to prove your point or all hell will break loose!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 2:07pm

People usually complain commentators are biased toward the other team, they’re bias toward the team you support and still complaints. Confused
How about we just get some impartiality 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

People usually complain commentators are biased toward the other team, they’re bias toward the team you support and still complaints. Confused
How about we just get some impartiality 

I think it’s another example of social media influencing tv producers. 

“Content” that is very impartial does well online, gets likes, views, clicks etc. Which means TV producers think impartial, or “home biased” commentators and pundits are what the public want. 

For me it just takes away from the spectacle when Will Greenwood is basically singing “Lions, Lions…” on comms. 

Perhaps for the *average* rugby fan they do find that entertaining, and we on here are just grumpy guts
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 2:39pm
negative selection. Boks by 12.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 50>
  Share Topic