Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > B&I Lions 2021
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lions 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484950
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2021 at 5:51am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by bills burr bills burr wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

If curry and liam hadn’t made two really basic errors gatland goes down as the most succesful lions coach of all time. Small margins !!

who picked them?
Oh come off it. He can’t control every players actions on the field. Both players are the best in their respective positions in Britain and Ireland. 

The best in their positions in B+I? Don’t let Scottish Rugby Twitter hear you say that.

Edited by hartson11 - 12 August 2021 at 5:52am
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2021 at 7:20am

If curry and liam hadn’t made two really basic errors gatland goes down as the most succesful lions coach of all time. Small margins !!

Don't think any serious rugby supporter can question Gatland's credentials. However we will never know how that squad would have performed with a more attack minded coach. Tempo was a key word but we didn't really see much evidence of it. Also we saw no strike moves from set piece which totally failed to use the key attributes of DVM. Townsend is not excused from this dull coaching and time will tell if there was a difference in thinking between Gats and Townsend. 

The Lions did not look like an attacking team coached by Gregor - they did look very much like Gatland's Wales. Gatland has had a good run as Lions coach - my own feeling is that it should go to someone British or Irish. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2021 at 9:07am
I totally agree with you GPR, I respect Gatland, but also have a feeling of what may have been, this also goes for Wales. 

Edited by Dai38 - 12 August 2021 at 9:08am
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2021 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

who picked them?
Oh come off it. He can’t control every players actions on the field. Both players are the best in their respective positions in Britain and Ireland. 

The best in their positions in B+I? Don’t let Scottish Rugby Twitter hear you say that.

Considering how much I normally like Scotland and most of the Scottish players, the Scottish twitter lions fans have really done their best to make me nostalgic for the tours where gatland picked only 2 to and they’d only play mid-week. 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 August 2021 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

Originally posted by hartson11 hartson11 wrote:

who picked them?

Considering how much I normally like Scotland and most of the Scottish players, the Scottish twitter lions fans have really done their best to make me nostalgic for the tours where gatland picked only 2 to and they’d only play mid-week. 

Doesn’t matter where the supporters are from they’ll always be vocal about how there should be more players from their nation. 
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2021 at 10:42am
Just keep away from twitter. They've cornered the market on [beep]s.
bills burr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bills burr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2021 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Don't think any serious rugby supporter can question Gatland's credentials. However we will never know how that squad would have performed with a more attack minded coach. Tempo was a key word but we didn't really see much evidence of it. Also we saw no strike moves from set piece which totally failed to use the key attributes of DVM. Townsend is not excused from this dull coaching and time will tell if there was a difference in thinking between Gats and Townsend. 

The Lions did not look like an attacking team coached by Gregor - they did look very much like Gatland's Wales. Gatland has had a good run as Lions coach - my own feeling is that it should go to someone British or Irish. 

I wouldnt limit it to british or irish but at the very least they must be coaching in UK or Ireland. 
B BURR
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2021 at 9:02am
Have to say the Australian performances against South Africa, in particular yesterday's, rather shows how poor both the performances and coaching of the Lions were. Four tries by outside backs confirms that Ugo Monye's criticism of the lack of use of talented back 3 players was spot on. 

Think Gatland's tenure as Lions coach will now be probably over. Anyone else think Rassie has been very quiet lately. Boks have got some serious thinking to do ahead of two games against the All Blacks thats for sure. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 484950
  Share Topic