Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sir Keir Starmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

How can anyone support this fool
How can anyone support Johnson or any Conservative for that matter?

Well when you promote a rabid racist and another who believes that those girls groomed should shut their mouths , he isn't doing himself any favours
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 9:38am
Bold call by kier yesterday getting rid of  corbynite rent a quote merchant  rlb,

He was totally right to get shot of her, the article she retweeted by "celebritiy" Maxine peake was factually incorrect and in 1 act has done more to show he will tackle anti semitisim in the party than corbyn did in his entire tenure

The likes of peake and co seem to think because they have made a few tv shows or the odd film they are well placed to lecture the public on world affairs, when it most cases they do not have a clue on the matters in hand

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 11:13am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Bold call by kier yesterday getting rid of  corbynite rent a quote merchant  rlb,

He was totally right to get shot of her, the article she retweeted by "celebritiy" Maxine peake was factually incorrect and in 1 act has done more to show he will tackle anti semitisim in the party than corbyn did in his entire tenure

The likes of peake and co seem to think because they have made a few tv shows or the odd film they are well placed to lecture the public on world affairs, when it most cases they do not have a clue on the matters in hand

If the tweet hadn't contained anti Jewish sentiment he should have sacked her anyway for being stupid enough to re-tweet something which includes something you are not 100% sure is factual. That is surely the minimum to expect from someone in public office. Right call by Keir - now lets wait for the woe is me from all the lefty whackos - Len(in) McLuskey will be at the front of the queue no doubt!!!!!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 12:34pm
Oh god I shall be so happy when the rugby starts !!😉
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 12:52pm
Could someone explain how what RLB did was anti-semitic. I get that what she shared was factually incorrect and showed animosity towards the Israeli government but how is that anti-semitic, especially considering the Israeli government’s record of violence against Palestinians? For me it looks like Starmer needed to show he was strong against anti semitism and was therefore under pressure to sack RLB straight away.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Could someone explain how what RLB did was anti-semitic. I get that what she shared was factually incorrect and showed animosity towards the Israeli government but how is that anti-semitic, especially considering the Israeli government’s record of violence against Palestinians? For me it looks like Starmer needed to show he was strong against anti semitism and was therefore under pressure to sack RLB straight away.

I don't think she was technically being anti-semitic in that article or RLB's re-tweet but I think the issue is lots of antisemitic people will also, by definition, be anti-Israel. So an anti-semitic conspiracy theory could well be written as anti-zionistic and certainly anti-semitic people will believe anything that paints Israel in a negative light. Irrespective of which it is, if I was an MP I wouldn't be retweeting articles that said the choke used by police to kill someone that provoked race riots originated in Israel unless I was damn sure there was evidence behind it.

We really should be able to have positive and negative opinions on Israel without getting into a Semitic discussion IMO but conspiracy theories linked to race riots? Nah, not a smart re-tweet and RLB knew the score: she had to be very careful to stay in the front benches due to her politics versus her boss'. Starmer said he would take a tough line on things around this antisemitism issue and he has. It might seem harsh but any new leader needs to show authority.

PS. Peake has now said her claims were inaccurate. "I feel it’s important for me to clarify that, when talking to The Independent, I was inaccurate in my assumption of American Police training & its sources."
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Oh god I shall be so happy when the rugby starts !!😉

The Starminator would have been a fine player I think. That cold stare would unnerve any defending player in his path.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 1:45pm

it was factually wrong more than anti semitic in fairness but RLB is useless anyhow , some of the nonsense she piped up with her in leadership bid was downright laughable (she could never be friends with a tory, as a 2 year old she remembers being part of strikes and all that guff) labour are best off with her in a minor role

starmer has to be strong against anti semtisim as corbyn was so weak on it and it became a huge issue for the labour party she gave him an open goal to lay his marker down and he took it.

This and his strong performances in pmq's (his Germany quip was classic) make him look like a v credible leader of the opposition

As for Peake  well she clearly knows nothing about the matter in hand, but it didn't stop her chirping up like an expert and trying to pass judgment on the whole affair

The egos of so many in show business is beyond belief , her interview includes this gem  when talking about actors "I'm not saying we are the saviours of the human race  but"

ffs give over Maxine, another cracker we are ruled by "fascist dictatorships"  if we were in an actual fascist dictatorship she wouldn't be allowed to give interviews like this to the press.

It's about time the press instead of fawning over these dullards and printing their views as if they were gospel  actually challenged them on their rubbish

How exactly did she come to the conclusion that Israel forces teach kneeling on peoples necks,  let alone pass that method onto usa police forces

where were her facts for coming out with that outlandish statement?

As for Israel of course they should be criticised for their treatment of the Palestine  people and imo they should be facing sanctions for it

But some on the left seem not to be able to differentiate it between the country of Israel and the Jewish faith which is very worrying

Edited by RR1972 - 26 June 2020 at 2:07pm
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 3:12pm

Edited by roy munster - 26 June 2020 at 9:50pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 3:42pm

it was factually wrong more than anti semitic in fairness but RLB is useless anyhow , some of the nonsense she piped up with her in leadership bid was downright laughable (she could never be friends with a tory, as a 2 year old she remembers being part of strikes and all that guff) labour are best off with her in a minor role

starmer has to be strong against anti semtisim as corbyn was so weak on it and it became a huge issue for the labour party she gave him an open goal to lay his marker down and he took it.

This and his strong performances in pmq's (his Germany quip was classic) make him look like a v credible leader of the opposition

As for Peake  well she clearly knows nothing about the matter in hand, but it didn't stop her chirping up like an expert and trying to pass judgment on the whole affair

The egos of so many in show business is beyond belief , her interview includes this gem  when talking about actors "I'm not saying we are the saviours of the human race  but"

ffs give over Maxine, another cracker we are ruled by "fascist dictatorships"  if we were in an actual fascist dictatorship she wouldn't be allowed to give interviews like this to the press.

It's about time the press instead of fawning over these dullards and printing their views as if they were gospel  actually challenged them on their rubbish

How exactly did she come to the conclusion that Israel forces teach kneeling on peoples necks,  let alone pass that method onto usa police forces

where were her facts for coming out with that outlandish statement?

As for Israel of course they should be criticised for their treatment of the Palestine  people and imo they should be facing sanctions for it

But some on the left seem not to be able to differentiate it between the country of Israel and the Jewish faith which is very worrying

Spot on RR1972. Anti semitic - no way; mind bendingly stupid to be associated with that comment unless backed by 100% factual proof - definitely. She had to go & well done to Kier Starmer for showing some leadership which is a breathe of fresh air from the Corbyn era. 
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 4:14pm
If there were such high political standards that anyone who did not have 100% proof for a statement was fired then the House of Commons would be even emptier than it is now under Covid-19, and Boris and his main collaborators would be in jail or on the streets.
I think it's fairly well accepted that the Israelis have been training the Minneapolis police and the only part open for debate is whether the knee on the throat is one of their little tricks, or whether it was meant to kill George Floyd. The Israelis of course deny this, but in view of their general treatment of the Palestinians this is totally believable. And of course if officer Derek Chauvin had realised the consequences of his actions, even he would have the sense to stop.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

If there were such high political standards that anyone who did not have 100% proof for a statement was fired then the House of Commons would be even emptier than it is now under Covid-19, and Boris and his main collaborators would be in jail or on the streets.
I think it's fairly well accepted that the Israelis have been training the Minneapolis police and the only part open for debate is whether the knee on the throat is one of their little tricks, or whether it was meant to kill George Floyd. The Israelis of course deny this, but in view of their general treatment of the Palestinians this is totally believable. And of course if officer Derek Chauvin had realised the consequences of his actions, even he would have the sense to stop.

Ffidel the treatment of the Palestinians by the Israelis and vice versa is a subject worthy of open debate. Re-tweeting contentious material without knowing the facts is absurd and stupid for a politician regardless of the party. I very much doubt that the Israeli standard police practice suggest holding a knee to someone's throat for nearly 9 minutes regardless of their ability to breathe. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 4:34pm
I sometimes wish there was a Twitter maximum number of words on these ‘ political’ threads Mods as they don’t half drag on sometimes as the juices start to flow and let’s face it ,none of the chief SF combatants are going to change their minds anyway !! 😂 Oh well it’s definitely a. better use of my time than fighting on Ogmore Beach!  😉 

I should really add a SF hashtag   #scarletfeverparliament 😂

Edited by reesytheexile - 26 June 2020 at 4:35pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

it is not up for debate , that tactic is not taught by any body in any organisation Israeli or otherwise.

I'd have massive doubts that any front line police officers in  Minneapolis  had any hands on training in Israel or that any Israelis have flown to the usa to train rank and file officers

More likely there have been breifings and meetings between the various top brasses involved, these type of things take place all over the world at anytime, usa police officers come to the uk and give talks, uk police go there, same with police from places like Canada aus nz etc

In all honesty I have never seen anyone anywhere do what Chauvin did and certainly not for that length of time let alone a serving  police man on active duty , it was an act of  barbaric lunacy  and he deserves any sentence that comes his way

ps sorry be that pedantic but the knee was on the neck not the throat

Edited by RR1972 - 26 June 2020 at 5:04pm
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 6:37pm

[QUOTE=Ffidel Bennett]If there were such high political standards that anyone who did not have 100% proof for a statement was fired then the House of Commons would be even emptier than it is now under Covid-19, and Boris and his main collaborators would be in jail or on the streets.

it is not up for debate , that tactic is not taught by any body in any organisation Israeli or otherwise.

I'd have massive doubts that any front line police officers in  Minneapolis  had any hands on training in Israel or that any Israelis have flown to the usa to train rank and file officers

More likely there have been breifings and meetings between the various top brasses involved, these type of things take place all over the world at anytime, usa police officers come to the uk and give talks, uk police go there, same with police from places like Canada aus nz etc

In all honesty I have never seen anyone anywhere do what Chauvin did and certainly not for that length of time let alone a serving  police man on active duty, it was an act of  barbaric lunacy  and he deserves any sentence that comes his way

ps sorry be that pedantic but the knee was on the neck not the throat

What you choose to believe depends on where you normally get your information from and that influences who you think the "good guys" are. You are so convinced by the media/Hollywood version of "reality" that when this view is challenged you will go to great lengths to defend it rather than concede that you may have to adjust your viewpoint. Of course you've never seen a policeman do what Chauvin did before. It's not something that they'd want to publicise but thousands die during arrest in the US each year.
If you can be bothered to read it, the following is from Amnesty International, an organisation which is coming increasingly under criticism for being too lenient on the likes of the USA, Israel Saudi Arabia etc

https://www.amnestyusa.org/with-whom-are-many-u-s-police-departments-training-with-a-chronic-human-rights-violator-israel/

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2020 at 9:21pm
Ive read the amnesty report i also read the later reports where they backtracked, i dont need a report to tell me no one teaches kneeling on some ones neck for 9 minutes.  Ive never seen it before neither have you there are no photos of videos of anyone doing anything similar cos its not taught.  Ive worked alongside security personnell from
All over the world. People who have been trained in the states  the uk . east europe and africa.  Ive taken self defence and martial ary classed and Ive never seen any one practice that manouver. I’ll gladly change my view point if you can provide me some video links or even photos of this being used Anywhere let alone being taught and applied on a regular basis. I’m no fan of israel but to pin the action of a rogue cop
On them doesn’t add up. Btw  fb i disagree with your view points but i enjoy our debates👍

Edited by RR1972 - 26 June 2020 at 9:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic