Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sir Keir Starmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

[QUOTE=Ffidel Bennett]
If they're looking for useful, labour intensive projects, perhaps they can complete a decent road connecting north and south Wales which has been on stop since the Romans left.

A railway wouldn’t go amiss either.
[/QUOT
Because Mark Drakeford is in charge of Wales
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 1:49pm

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

If they're looking for useful, labour intensive projects, perhaps they can complete a decent road connecting north and south Wales which has been on stop since the Romans left.

Trains, trains, trains.

^ A Mötley Crüe b side.

Edited by dr_martinov - 01 July 2020 at 2:29pm
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

This is why it's a mistake for working class people to judge the success of politicians by the number of elections won, in consort with the compliant billionaire media, and not who the policies actually benefitted. It's clear now that it's the richest 1% that have benefitted most from the neo-liberal, financialization, and deindustrialisation of the economy which was started by Regan and Thatcher and continued since.

In which case blair did a great job, 99% of people were better off when he took over than when he left

I see kier has upset the regressive left again by calling their plans to defund the police nonsense, good man kierClap

RR you must be one of the few to think that under Blair a majority, let alone 99% were better off, although the media would like to give this impression in order to make real change less likely. This piece, I think, gives a fairer view -

https://prruk.org/shipwreck-of-the-third-way-tony-blair-new-labour-and-inequality/

I can recall a lot of good things happening under Blair, minimum wage, increase in rights for gay people,  The Good Friday agreement millions came out of poverty and employment was on the up.

The general feeling is he messed up over Iraq but other than that he did well didn't he?

Didn't austerity come in post blair/brown?

Edited by RR1972 - 01 July 2020 at 2:26pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 2:20pm
Increased numbers going to university as well, many who wouldn't have had the chance otherwise. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 5:51pm

i don't care which pub opens first.LOLLOLLOL
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 6:56pm
As RR and Scarletabroad are so convinced that the knee on the neck technique is not taught by Israeli forces and was only used by one bad-egg US policeman perhaps they might like to have a look at some of these photos of which happened to be taken earlier this year as protesting Palestinians were arrested.

https://prruk.org/the-sacking-of-rebecca-long-bailey/

Edited by Ffidel Bennett - 01 July 2020 at 6:58pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2020 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Increased numbers going to university as well, many who wouldn't have had the chance otherwise. 

So a Tory criticising University for being too expensive and saddling  people with debt when it was they themselves who increased the fees to 9,000 a year? You can't make this stuff up.

I think we should examine whether the courses these people did as really preparing someone to function in our society, as Oxford PPE, classics and history degrees clearly don't.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:05am
This is a very good, and worrying, opinion piece from George Monbiot on current nationalist/populist trends:

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:28am
[QUOTE=Ffidel Bennett]As RR and Scarletabroad are so convinced that the knee on the neck technique is not taught by Israeli forces and was only used by one bad-egg US policeman perhaps they might like to have a look at some of these photos of which happened to be taken earlier this year as protesting Palestinians were arrested.

https://prruk.org/the-sacking-of-rebecca-long-bailey/[/QUOTE]

four photos that may or may not be legit on a fringe website, rock solid proof of a world wide conspiracy there LOL
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:37am

What you choose to believe depends on where you normally get your information from and that influences who you think the "good guys" are. 

Indeed.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 9:47am
I've just realised: Boris Johnson IS Flashman. This is his true hero and template. I'm usually up for counter-arguments but on this I think it's 100% the case. 

The books are brilliant mind but I'd rather Harry Flashman stayed as fiction as wasn't our Prime Minister.
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 11:16am
[QUOTE=Ffidel Bennett] As RR and Scarletabroad are so convinced that the knee on the neck technique is not taught by Israeli forces and was only used by one bad-egg US policeman perhaps they might like to have a look at some of these photos of which happened to be taken earlier this year as protesting Palestinians were arrested.

The knee on the side of the neck whilst looks aweful is not a cause of positional asphyxia which it is reported was the cause of death I believe. The officers kneeling placing their full weight on his torso especially his rib cage area and preventing his diaphram from expanding is what causes positional asphyxia. Having used control on restraint for 25years in my experience the perpetrator has no obstruction in the throat area and thus is able to talk freely which gives a false read to a head officer as he assumes he must be okay as his airway is clear the person being restrianed then goes limp due to being unable to breath because of positional asphyxia (similar to crushing at football ground ie Hillsborough)and no I have never been taught to kneel on someones neck!.

Fidel please tell me where in my comment does it suggest anything of what you have just said? Please feel free to challenge or contest my actual comment (copied above for you in case you have forgotten) but please do not make things up to suit your arguement/rant about Israeli police infiltration into the worlds police force agenda unjustly and innacurately quoting me. Cheers
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 1:58pm

This is a very good, and worrying, opinion piece from George Monbiot on current nationalist/populist trends:

Can't believe anyone reads the guardian it's a vile paper
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

it's all a matter of opinion and that is obviously yours.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

it's all a matter of opinion and that is obviously yours.

Yes it's good to have a difference of opinion , unless your the CEO of Pontypool rfc
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2020 at 2:40pm
Scarletabroad - you missed out the first part of your statement - "it's not up for debate, the tactic is not taught by any body in any organisation, Israeli or otherwise"
Strange that quite recently, in a short period of time, that 4 different Israeli soldiers were caught using it, on camera.
Now I realise that for someone who is determined to defend Israeli actions, the photos don't prove anything but neither could you possibly prove the above part of your statement, which you can only have made in blind faith.
What this debate mainly shows is what side you are on, and I make no excuses that my sympathies lie with the Palestinians and against those who defend Israeli occupation and annexation of their land. We in the west keep trying to brush these human rights violations under the carpet although, hypocritically, when it suits us, we are very keen to publicise, elsewhere.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>
  Share Topic