Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sir Keir Starmer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

This is a very brave but very honourable move by a political leader that has humility and compassion for the plight of the electorate. We need to remember that this had been investigated last year and now rules were found to be broken, so he was then well within his right as leader of the opposition to challenge BOJO and Sunak over Partygate - which the Met have charged them over, and it’s believed that more fines are to come. 
I hope he knows what he’s doing, as a former head of the CPS he probably feel confident that the Police (who have already investigated the incident and found that no rules were broken) will do so again, exonerated him and then putting the pressure back on the Tory party for insisting the police, that refused to investiga Cummins visit to Barnard Castle, to reinvestigate the incident.
If his gamble doesn’t pay off then it’s interesting times ahead for labour - Raynor would have to go as well (as she was also present), Corbin still has allies in the party (unfortunately), but I’d be happy with a leadership contest involving Wes Streeting, Lisa Nandy and I would hope that Andy Burnham could be persuaded to join any contest, interestingly all 3 are from the North, where the electorate have been promised so much in the last general election by the Tories (levelling up) only to then get a much watered down version.

It really is a shame that he's now being smeared by the right wing press for apparently putting pressure on Durham Police. As one twitter poster said, if he donated a kidney, the right wing press would complain that he'd kept one for himself. 
Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 11:56am
Burnham the stand out candiate for me but he isn’t an mp so he is ruled out, streeting or nandy the next best 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 11:57am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Burnham the stand out candiate for me but he isn’t an mp so he is ruled out, streeting or nandy the next best 

I forgot that he had to give up is position as an MP to become mayor of Manchester, that’s a huge shame.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 8:12pm
Burnham could be a strong candidate if he was back in westminster

Edited by roy munster - 11 May 2022 at 8:14pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Wakefield????? 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 9:44pm
Good call

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Wakefield????? 
not sure that is as safe as he would need tbh west yorks less and less labour these days
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 12:38am
The libs have hoovered up a load of council seats, though I suspect thats more down to the anger at the main parties than anything ed davey and co have offered 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Wakefield????? 
not sure that is as safe as he would need tbh west yorks less and less labour these days

That’s true, but it would be a very good test of his ability to connect with the electorate and to put forward his visions for the country and the direction of the Labour Party under his stewardship.
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 2:56pm
I notice the ongoing fall out between starmer and corbyn continues
corbyn was saying on tv that the west should stop arming ukraine and starmer saying the stop the war group were being naive on ukraine and appeasing a dictator

sir duckling tuft
scarletpimp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Sir Duckling Tuft Sir Duckling Tuft wrote:

corbyn was saying on tv that the west should stop arming ukraine and starmer saying the stop the war group were being naive on ukraine and appeasing a dictator

Yes the dispute still runs. Corbyn suspended.
I will say two things...when I finished teaching,  I  took on cleaning jobs for several years to support my daughter, in further and higher education. 
It suited me fine , with limited responsibility,  compared  to what I was used to.
I pretty quickly realised however,  how is to take home minimum wage.
I have said before on this forum,  I would find difficulty  living on this wage...but so jany people have to,particularly  in the circumstances  we now find ourselves in.
Corbyn was one of the few positions to speak for me OR ,more importantly,  people who totally  struggled against the odds, however  hard they worked. 
Corbyn spoke with passion, and absolute  sincerity...and I thank him for that.
The problem of course,  is that he had no previous ministerial  experiences,  and little experience  of management. 
The net result was a near catastrophe  for Labour.
So many things were badly handled  like anti - semitism. 
It left an utter stain on Labour, that the party who always championed equality,  should allow an issue ,such as this, to fester and multiply .
No person, from any background,  religion, race gender, sexuality,  should ever feel ostracised by any organisation .

In light of the above Starmer has done well to drag the party back to a position  where they are  more trusted.
A lot ,currently has to do with the  shocking Tories  imploding.
Moving forward,  I look to Starmer to be bolder, so people will support Labour, not because, "they are NOT Tories ", but because they have a real positive vision for this country. 
A country will embraces everyone, and provides opportunities  for the many, not the few.
I stood yer on tanner bank

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

I will say two things...when I finished teaching,  I  took on cleaning jobs for several years to support my daughter, in further and higher education. 
It suited me fine , with limited responsibility,  compared  to what I was used to.
I have said before on this forum,  I would find difficulty  living on this wage...but so jany people have to,particularly  in the circumstances  we now find ourselves in.
Corbyn was one of the few positions to speak for me OR ,more importantly,  people who totally  struggled against the odds, however  hard they worked. 
The problem of course,  is that he had no previous ministerial  experiences,  and little experience  of management. 
It left an utter stain on Labour, that the party who always championed equality,  should allow an issue ,such as this, to fester and multiply .
No person, from any background,  religion, race gender, sexuality,  should ever feel ostracised by any organisation .

In light of the above Starmer has done well to drag the party back to a position  where they are  more trusted.
Moving forward,  I look to Starmer to be bolder, so people will support Labour, not because, "they are NOT Tories ", but because they have a real positive vision for this country. 
A country will embraces everyone, and provides opportunities  for the many, not the few.

The problem with the economy seems less to do with minimum wages imo and more to do with the endless tax and licensing loopholes for corporations and the endless lobbyists which facilitate this
In fairness to corbyn you could never accuse him of being in it to get rich and paid off
sir duckling tuft
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 5:37pm

Originally posted by scarletpimp scarletpimp wrote:

The problem with the economy seems less to do with minimum wages imo and more to do with the endless tax and licensing loopholes for corporations and the endless lobbyists which facilitate this
In fairness to corbyn you could never accuse him of being in it to get rich and paid off

Agree with that.....but a lot of people struggling  on wages too.
When I see Johnson earning millions , when he should be in the commons, doing his job , contrasting  with food bank, used by many in Llanelli...its sickening! 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 6:09pm
100% agree bojo is  disgrace....rules need tightening on this degradation of duties
sir duckling tuft
Oracle View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 6:48pm
I would vote for Sam tan if it got these [beep]s out of power ...I think starmer will re negotiate a deal where we re join the European Union ...(as the world stands we need to band together ) ...kier is clever in not giving the far right anything to use as deflection (etc harri ) .....I fell if all the things that need to be sorted are 
1 sort the press out , remove the far right influence including Murdoch and get the press to report the press not creat it 
2 PR ...this I feel might happen towards the end of parliament if polls are not looking good 
3 sort out lost tax payers money 
4 start teaching the benefits of bring part of Europe in the schools , do we never go through the brexit lies again
5 devolution to Wales in full ..remove royal benefits from recieving all finance we create from our natural resources 
6 sort out all workers and make it mandatory that there no such thing as zero hour contracts 
7 give every ex squadie the ability to have psychological analysis and help in re adjusting to normal life 
8 place the current cabinet Infront of a big was all shoot the [beep]ers and burn their corpses 
9 arrest the wru and do as above 
10 do above to anyone wearing a tossprey jersey 

Ok ..I might have got a little excited but I don't think the above is not reasonable Wink
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletpimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2023 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Oracle Oracle wrote:

I would vote for Sam tan if it got these [beep]s out of power ...I think starmer will re negotiate a deal where we re join the European Union ...(as the world stands we need to band together ) ...kier is clever in not giving the far right anything to use as deflection (etc harri ) .....I fell if all the things that need to be sorted are 
1 sort the press out , remove the far right influence including Murdoch and get the press to report the press not creat it 
2 PR ...this I feel might happen towards the end of parliament if polls are not looking good 
3 sort out lost tax payers money 
4 start teaching the benefits of bring part of Europe in the schools , do we never go through the brexit lies again
5 devolution to Wales in full ..remove royal benefits from recieving all finance we create from our natural resources 
6 sort out all workers and make it mandatory that there no such thing as zero hour contracts 
7 give every ex squadie the ability to have psychological analysis and help in re adjusting to normal life 
8 place the current cabinet Infront of a big was all shoot the [beep]ers and burn their corpses 
9 arrest the wru and do as above 
10 do above to anyone wearing a tossprey jersey 

Ok ..I might have got a little excited but I don't think the above is not reasonable Wink

To that excellent  list, I add abolish the Royal family,  and get shot of the house of Lords (which starmer will do, if elected  )
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 27282930>
  Share Topic