Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Macron Shop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollowayScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2020 at 8:24pm
Any word on a new kit?
Sponsored Links

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 9:18am
Must be highly challenging job to finalise the kit with Covid decimating business this year. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 9:26am
Wil would likely be able to tell us when the printing of the sponsors logos gets done. Presumably this is something carried out locally, rather than run off the Macron production line months ahead of time.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 10:42am
Stock 'blanks' are usually made with the basic 'club' logos. Changes/new sponsors are added post make up, but usually at the factory.
Adding them locally can get messy and negates any claim against the manufacturer for faulty product.

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 11:03am
I think we need to source a new main sponsor before the kit is done. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2020 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Stock 'blanks' are usually made with the basic 'club' logos. Changes/new sponsors are added post make up, but usually at the factory.
Adding them locally can get messy and negates any claim against the manufacturer for faulty product.

Thanks
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 10:41am
Northampton Saints are revealing their new home Macron kit tomorrow. Understand we’re in the midst of a pandemic, but can’t help but feel we’re being sold short by Macron in every department.
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 11:24am
Well, as a brand I think we're more well known than saints, so would hope not being sold short 
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 11:28am
There's a few things to consider I suppose, as well as the impact of covid and staffing levels there may be a consideration for sponsors, if Northampton are using their new kit to finish off last season that'd be fine if they've got the same sponsors so ok to release early. We may be in a different position where we're going to play the rest of the 2019/20 season in the 2019/20 kit so might want to release the kit a bit later.

Just guessing but there may be more to it than just our relationship with Macron.
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

There's a few things to consider I suppose, as well as the impact of covid and staffing levels there may be a consideration for sponsors, if Northampton are using their new kit to finish off last season that'd be fine if they've got the same sponsors so ok to release early. We may be in a different position where we're going to play the rest of the 2019/20 season in the 2019/20 kit so might want to release the kit a bit later.

Just guessing but there may be more to it than just our relationship with Macron.

Fair points.
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 3:03pm
I know it’s been widely commented upon - but if we could get Adidas back it would be superb - they do harlequins kit - perhaps mr Fitzpatrick could have a word ?!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

I know it’s been widely commented upon - but if we could get Adidas back it would be superb - they do harlequins kit - perhaps mr Fitzpatrick could have a word ?!
I think there's this coming season and next before our contract with Macron ends unfortunately.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

I think there's this coming season and next before our contract with Macron ends unfortunately.

Ends 2022. 
hartson11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hartson11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 5:52pm
All personal opinion of course, but I find Canterbury and Samurai my favourites. Large means large (!) and they still sell the old style cotton shirts (although I’ve seen Macron do this too, aswell as polyester).

Adidas quality is great, but as with Macron you need to order a size up. 

I have a Montpellier Kappa shirt - cracking designs but again order a size up with Kappa.

Not sure what it is with rugby jerseys these days where there’s an insistence on not conforming to usual sizes. 
pillory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pillory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 7:30pm
Surely it's all going the way of an all-in, PRB-WRU deal for regions and nation at some point?
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2020 at 11:46pm
Canterbury stuff is always good quality, lacks the trendy designs but that hardly matters as we plaster our 100 sponsors all over it and lets face it that yellow, blue, grey combo was hideous last season. 
I have a GB rugby league from Hummel and that is nice fitting and a clean design. There are plenty of good options out there. 
Oh to have a kit like best selling clubs...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
  Share Topic