Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coaches out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:28pm
There happens to be a pandemic everywhere.
Sothat's not an excuse.

So how come Zebra are doing better than the Scarlets?
Because the Scarlets at the moment are not a team.
They are 15 players with the same coloured shirst playing to a no-idea-plan led by a no-idea coaching staff.
Will someone at PYS get a grip and esxplain to the coahes the idea is to win these games?
Please.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rubrum
Sponsored Links

tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

We shouldn't be too harsh on them, we're facing a pandemic in Llanelli remember!
Pathetic rather than pandemic on the field
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:41pm
Childish? We look like a team who met in the car park. Did you see the body language of our coach? 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

Childish? We look like a team who met in the car park. Did you see the body language of our coach? 
His body language makes more sense than the rubbish that comes out of his mouth
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 10:18pm
My post was sarcastic in tone, just in case anyone hadn't picked that up, after somebody on another thread stating that we shouldn't expect any better given that there's a global pandemic going on!

Was Delaney interviewed after the match does anyone know? I switched the tv off in despair as soon as the final whistle blew, but I'd be interested in hearing what spin he put on that performance if he was interviewed.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 11:42pm

We shouldn't be too harsh on them, we're facing a pandemic in Llanelli remember!

Quote of the year! LOLLOLLOL 
Scarlets!!!
philturk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 12:55pm
My patience is wearing thin with the current coaching team, I've supported the Scarlets and our coaches through good times and bad for the last 25 years. The dross being served up by this coaching team is an embarrassment, I have faith in our playing squad (this years squad is far stronger than last years), but the coaching team is a shambles

The board need to go all out to get Haywood & Cunningham back, Mark Jones as attack / backs coach and a strong DoR
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

My patience is wearing thin with the current coaching team, I've supported the Scarlets and our coaches through good times and bad for the last 25 years. The dross being served up by this coaching team is an embarrassment, I have faith in our playing squad (this years squad is far stronger than last years), but the coaching team is a shambles

The board need to go all out to get Haywood & Cunningham back, Mark Jones as attack / backs coach and a strong DoR
I don't think its a stronger side.
We are weak for the bulk of the season in key positions. 
Our current squad is pointless if we can't see the internationals play for us. Other sides are having players back and other sides aren't missing 1st and 2nd choice players to international side.

We need a big shift in recruitment. We have no strength in centre, no real leadership coming from there... Inside that then inexperience at 9, and not the most experienced at 10. 

The year we won the league had a settled side with quality every where. 
Rob, Samsonwere with us most of the year, Wyn was also with us. Elias had a solid run of games. Barclay, Beirne and cubby was with us week in week out. Same goes for half backs. Parkes didn't miss a game, and he was always with Foxy or Scott. 

The side at the moment is very young or inexperienced in key areas. 4th and 5th choice hookers involved last 2 games. At 6th maybe 7th choice locks and lock on bench last night. Back row first choice near enough. 3rd choice half back pairing. Complete second choice in midfield. Back 3 was OK... That's the main issue at the moment. We are going up against sides who are either 2nd choice or 1st choice. May sound like an excuse but I think we are expecting a little much from a group of players who are largely into their first pro year really. The there's others who may not be up to it.
To compare this season under delaney with any other coach is unfair because of that. 
The closest I can think of to realistically compare it to is back when Nigel Davies chucked in the kids... Priestland, Foxy, Knoyle, turnbull etc... It hurt us in that year whilst they were finding their feet... But the future was being built. We need to realise it is where we are again. 
Dom Booth, Mathias, Sebastian, Morgan Rees, Jac Price, Jac Morgan, Blacker, Costellow, Rogers- Blacker and Sebastian aside those are all kids who are either debutant this season. The other 2 first time starting games to my knowledge at this level? Conbeer another... Only 11 pro games under his belt. 

It's going to be a frustrating year but what I've named above is half a match day squad. That's before you take into account Taylor Davies... Not his first year with us as a pro but his first time having a run of games in the 2 jersey. Danny Drake... Was last night a debut? Can't remember him playing at all for us before. But I stand to be corrected. 
As I said, it may be frustrating in the short term... But long term this season will work wonders with these lads gaining exposure to this level. Let's back them. Some will come off... Some may not. We haven't got the internationals for the year so we may as well get behind the kids... In my opinion a few are going well. Look forward to seeing the backs get some game time like Knott, Roberts etc... Shame Lewis is injured. 
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 1:21pm
I have reserved judgement until now, cos I'm mature like that.

People say when we won the league we lost the first few with Pivac then look what happened. Those losses were hard to take but we were playing well and there was magic on the air, you could sense it.

Need to get out of this as cheaply as possible, bring someone in over his head and give him a sideways shift, perhaps he'll quit.

Can't believe Howley being mentioned but the appalling fact is, Howley would be an improvement 😱

Dai Young mentioned, even Phil Davies or Lyn Jones would be an improvement, these guys can put structure in place. What's Sean Holley doing these days? 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

People say when we won the league we lost the first few with Pivac then look what happened. Those losses were hard to take but we were playing well and there was magic on the air, you could sense it.

Need to get out of this as cheaply as possible, bring someone in over his head and give him a sideways shift, perhaps he'll quit.

Can't believe Howley being mentioned but the appalling fact is, Howley would be an improvement 😱

Dai Young mentioned, even Phil Davies or Lyn Jones would be an improvement, these guys can put structure in place. What's Sean Holley doing these days? 

Yes, my preference (from that list) in order would be Howley, then Young, then Davies but not Jones. He is not very good.
Scarlets before Wales
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 3:58pm
Clever thing here would be to get Delaney the defence coach gig with Wales. If we cannot get Pat Lam, then Dai Young to replace Delaney. Whiffin & Flanagan replaced as attack coach by Allan Lewis on a short term contract until Stevo is sacked by Wales after next years 6 nations. Byron our defence coach - simples!!!!!
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:10pm
Please not Howley. We may be down but we’re not out. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Byron our defence coach - simples!!!!!
Why would we even entertain the idea of bringing him back?
Here are some of the games where we conceded 29+ points during his final season with us:-
29 - Treviso (h)
33 - Connacht (a)
45 - Leicester (a)
34 - Kings (a)
31 - Edinburgh (a)
29 - Glasgow (a)
30 - Ulster (a)
34 - Cardiff (h)
46 - Racing (a)
41 - Cardiff (a)
34 - Dragons (a)

That was 11 games of 26 played that season.
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 5:27pm

Doubt Sean Holley would be interested. He’s got the easy life of being a pundit.
No way would I want Howley! Or Lyn Jones! Not even on a short term/interim basis.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:40pm

Doubt Sean Holley would be interested. He’s got the easy life of being a pundit.
No way would I want Howley! Or Lyn Jones! Not even on a short term/interim basis.

Dai Young the only name that should be considered from that list. Holley hasn't got a clue, he's worse than what we've got.

With Fiji in meltdown could Vern Cotter be persuaded? Could we afford him?

Edited by gaffer - 09 November 2020 at 6:44pm
What's going on?
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2020 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

His body language makes more sense than the rubbish that comes out of his mouth

His body language is that of a man who is scared - not that one that doesn’t care. Also - look at his eyes, he’s very tired. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic