Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coaches out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:05pm
Well we are in the entertainment business, and there has not been much entertainment this year. If a die hard scarlet isn't enjoying then we don't have much hope of gaining a new audience. 
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:16pm
Flannigan inherited a back line full of international players and very good regional players from Stephen Jones, but unfortunately the same players look completely different and unrecognisable from those of a few seasons ago.
Yes players get older and lose a yard or two of pace, but they don’t go backwards at the same speed as they currently do.
Delaney has brought in the best signing of the last 3 seasons in Kalamafoni and is probably trying to find his feet as a head coach so I’d be happy to give him this season, but Flanagan was promoted from a within (which is admirable, being young and welsh etc) but has been on watch for the past 2 to 3 seasons and this has coincided with our very average to poor back play. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Flannigan inherited a back line full of international players and very good regional players from Stephen Jones, but unfortunately the same players look completely different and unrecognisable from those of a few seasons ago.
Yes players get older and lose a yard or two of pace, but they don’t go backwards at the same speed as they currently do.
Delaney has brought in the best signing of the last 3 seasons in Kalamafoni and is probably trying to find his feet as a head coach so I’d be happy to give him this season, but Flanagan was promoted from a within (which is admirable, being young and welsh etc) but has been on watch for the past 2 to 3 seasons and this has coincided with our very average to poor back play. 

So what does Whiffin do?
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:33pm
It seems a silly point to make but although a lot of games are poor rugby - Delaney’s positivity is infectious. In what is a tough time off the pitch it’s worth having people like that around
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:36pm
That’s a very good question, our skills are very poor.  It’s hard to know who’s more responsible for our poor backs play.  Our skills levels are really poor but our game management (in the back line) is poor, and that must be a game plan issue, which would lie with the backs coach.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:44pm

Six wins from 7 games counting Toulon, only loss the controversial defeat to Ulster by 2 points, missing 27 players . Our back play as been not been great,depending on backs fitness for Blues I would change probably 6 players there .

Blues game needs to be used as a dress rehearsal for Toulon, with only 14 tries scored in 10 games in Pro 14,disappointing .
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:46pm
6 games from 7 with the cheating Irish the other game will do for me. Carry on Glenn people on here delusional.  
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:48pm
And Stephen jones has intls only to coach with Wales and look how that poo show is going 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Six wins from 7 games counting Toulon, only loss the controversial defeat to Ulster by 2 points, missing 27 players . Our back play as been not been great,depending on backs fitness for Blues I would change probably 6 players there .

Blues game needs to be used as a dress rehearsal for Toulon, with only 14 tries scored in 10 games in Pro 14,disappointing .

Good points made. I think we are doing ok. Rugby is a bonus let alone new coaches. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:50pm
I wish people would please be more considerate before posting on here and on social media.

The coaches and players read these posts and those on twitter. 
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Rugby is a bonus? Is that a serious point? 

Good points made. I think we are doing ok. Rugby is a bonus let alone new coaches. 
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

6 games from 7 with the cheating Irish the other game will do for me. Carry on Glenn people on here delusional.  

What is delusional? Please offer me an insight instead of an insult. 
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I wish people would please be more considerate before posting on here and on social media.

This is a fans forum yes? I'm offering an opinion. It would be very quiet without one. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

It seems a silly point to make but although a lot of games are poor rugby - Delaney’s positivity is infectious. In what is a tough time off the pitch it’s worth having people like that around

I don't think this is a silly point at all.To my mind,there are at least 4 players in the squad who have the right to feel aggrieved by selection,yet there is no evidence on the field,of any dissatisfaction.I'm inclined to believe that Delaney,whatever his failings,is managing morale well.Even though I think that much of what he says is purelyfor effect,I nevertheless find him an infectious character,one to whom I have warmed.He'd definitely be the mood-lifting character in a disaster movie,but not,I think,the leading man.People like that are valuable to an organisation.However,Whiffin,Flannegan,whoever is in charge of our back play,is not up to the job,and should be replaced 

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 01 January 2021 at 9:14pm
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

I don't think this is a silly point at all.To my mind,there are at least 4 players in the squad who have the right to feel aggrieved by selection,yet there is no evidence on the field,of any dissatisfaction.I'm inclined to believe that Delaney,whatever his failings,is managing morale well.Even though I think that much of what he says is purelyfor effect,I nevertheless find him an infectious character,one to whom I have warmed.He'd definitely be the mood-lifting character in a disaster movie,but not,I think,the leading man.People like that are valuable to an organisation.However,Whiffin,Flannegan,whoever is in charge of our back play,is not up to the job,and should be replaced 
i think it's sam allardyce at the moment.Wink
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Well said G. Make one’s point without the personal / demeaning comments of players and coaches would be great new year resolution! 👍 It can’t be helpful to Crys16 as well to meet the club sometimes when some stuff gets too personal 

Edited by reesytheexile - 01 January 2021 at 9:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic