Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Coaches out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:42pm
You can look at it two ways. 

- We are winning games, while looking very poor offensively and giving away too many penalties. They often say it's a good trait to win games where you don't play well.

- Yes, we are winning games, but the performances are poor, and there is no indication we are going to step up our performances any time soon.

Either way, only time will tell, everything else is pure conjecture. 
Sponsored Links

Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:49pm
[QUOTE=Sosban89]You can look at it two ways. 

- We are winning games, while looking very poor offensively and giving away too many penalties. They often say it's a good trait to win games where you don't play well.

- Yes, we are winning games, but the performances are poor, and there is no indication we are going to step up our performances any time soon.

Either way, only time will tell, everything else is pure conjecture. 
[/QUOTE

All I know is we are winning, we beat bath with a big performance and there’s a pandemic. Not an ideal time to talk about sacking the coaches. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

6 games from 7 with the cheating Irish the other game will do for me. Carry on Glenn people on here delusional.  

What is delusional? Please offer me an insight instead of an insult. 
The fact he has had huge injury list a Number of positive Covid tests in squad and the fact we have won so many games usually in horrendous conditions that say he is doing a great job. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:57pm
The coaches aren't dropping easy passes, making poor passes, being ill disciplined and showing zero flair or attacking intent.  That's down to the players.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

The coaches aren't dropping easy passes, making poor passes, being ill disciplined and showing zero flair or attacking intent.  That's down to the players.
Don't the coaches pick the players?
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Blade Blade wrote:

Great win last night. Gutsy performance from the boys in defence. Morgan looks a great prospect. Congratulations to the team and the coaches. 

As you will see I'm quite happy to praise. Bath was a stormer of a result. However we are awful to watch. The group appear tight I agree, but where are we progressing? Our attack and phase play is woeful. On the plus side darts have improved! 
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 10:11pm
Statistically we have conceded the 3rd least amount of points, while being 7th in terms of points scored. 

Across the two conferences we have the 3rd most amount of points. I think, given those stats, however poor the performances, you can't really talk about getting rid of coaches.
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Statistically we have conceded the 3rd least amount of points, while being 7th in terms of points scored. 

Across the two conferences we have the 3rd most amount of points. I think, given those stats, however poor the performances, you can't really talk about getting rid of coaches.

Okay let's forget the headline of coaches out. I only added to it tonight to not start a new thread. Defence has been great this season. We are no pushover, however where have we progressed? What is our gameplan? Who coaches our back line and skills? Why can't they teach a player to stop overrunning or run a straight line? What has happened to Hardy? Why don't they play Asquith? 
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2021 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

4th most, but Connach have two games in hand
 So 5th in a league with Italians and Dragons. So 5th of 9 decent teams. Maybe 10 incl Bennetton.
Scarlets before Wales
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2021 at 12:17am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Don't the coaches pick the players?
The selection scope is very, very limited with injuries and international call ups.  Basic skills are terrible and not just with us.  It seems the scourge of the modern game, over coached (OK a coaching fault) and lacking basic skills.  Any player selected should be expected to perform to a satisfactory level, not outstanding but competent at least.  What we have seen this season in all countries has been sub standard rubbish and will drive fans away from the game.
Blade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

6 games from 7 with the cheating Irish the other game will do for me. Carry on Glenn people on here delusional.  

Morning Why. Care to join me in the delusional camp? 🤪
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2021 at 7:23am
Scarlets look like a side that is "uncoached"
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Scarlswb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlswb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2021 at 9:40am
We used to be a side that would worry teams, with our expansive back play, opening up defences by using first phase ball, with width. Having an outside half who could read the game early, chip over the top to stop rush defensive lines, I have seen non of it, of late. Our forwards are working hard, our scrums and line-out have improved, but the way we are being coached, we are predictable and easy to read.
We are missing Patchell big time, but our poor kicking out of hand, pointless box kicking, is all adding up to a very slow predictable attack.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic