Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ulster
    Posted: 19 November 2020 at 9:23am
OK stiff test coming up. I note that they do not have any starters against England with Herring, Henderson, Burns and Stockdale on the bench. If they get release of a few squad members we are in for a long afternoon with their experienced front 5, Murphy & Coetzee in the back row, Cooney, McLoskey, Ludik, Balacoun & Gilroy behind. 

Our reported squad guys not selected could include Foxy, Halfpenny, Patchell, Cawdor, Ryan & Cubby. Under Eddie's system most of those 6 guys would be back with us. 
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 9:30am
I'll be annoyed if we don't get anyone as North is, reportedly, being released.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 9:44am
Ulster have put in some impressive performances this season so far, hence why they're still unbeaten. This is going to be a tough test for us away from home for sure. 
We need as many players released back to us as possible, not just to strengthen our squad, but to give the boys game time too.
Scarlets!!!
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 9:57am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

OK stiff test coming up. I note that they do not have any starters against England with Herring, Henderson, Burns and Stockdale on the bench. If they get release of a few squad members we are in for a long afternoon with their experienced front 5, Murphy & Coetzee in the back row, Cooney, McLoskey, Ludik, Balacoun & Gilroy behind. 

Our reported squad guys not selected could include Foxy, Halfpenny, Patchell, Cawdor, Ryan & Cubby. Under Eddie's system most of those 6 guys would be back with us. 
On current form-as far as we've been able to tell-how many of those 6 players would you select for this next game?I'd be glad to see Samson,Wyn Jones and Ball,but otherwise only Johnny Williams and Macnichol would start ,imo,against Ulster.On form, Liam Williams would be on the bench.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

On current form-as far as we've been able to tell-how many of those 6 players would you select for this next game?I'd be glad to see Samson,Wyn Jones and Ball,but otherwise only Johnny Williams and Macnichol would start ,imo,against Ulster.On form, Liam Williams would be on the bench.

Compared to our last selection I would suggest that of those 6 Ryan, Cawdor, Patchell, Halfpenny & Foxy would start with Cubby missing out due to Jac's excellent form.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:41pm

Compared to our last selection I would suggest that of those 6 Ryan, Cawdor, Patchell, Halfpenny & Foxy would start with Cubby missing out due to Jac's excellent form.

Changing the back 3 would be a huge call,and difficult to justify.Foxy has shown nothing all season.Patchell simply hasn't played enough.Elias would bench-he's been indifferent and Taylor Davies is in possession.Blacker has been at times outstanding,again he deserves to keep the shirt(Hardy isthe most disadvantaged,having been prevented from playing).

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 19 November 2020 at 12:42pm
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:44pm
Certainly a tough fixture coming up.
Mclusky running through the midfield has always been an issue. We barely managed to stop him for a few years...parkes off the top of my head was the only one that could stop him one on one. The type of 12 that would be welcomed in the Parc!
Hopefully we can catch him on an off day. If the pack gives go forward ball for them, and he then provides an extra platform for them to build, it's going to be a very tough night. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:45pm

Changing the back 3 would be a huge call,and difficult to justify.Foxy has shown nothing all season.Patchell simply hasn't played enough.Elias would bench-he's been indifferent and Taylor Davies is in possession.Blacker has been at times outstanding,again he deserves to keep the shirt(Hardy isthe most disadvantaged,having been prevented from playing).

We've got to change the back 3 as Johnny is playing for Wales!!!!! For the cauldron which is Belfast give me Halfpenny over any other available 15. Been reported that Pivac has now decided that Patchell is not match fit so he is back with us. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:50pm

We've got to change the back 3 as Johnny is playing for Wales!!!!! For the cauldron which is Belfast give me Halfpenny over any other available 15. Been reported that Pivac has now decided that Patchell is not match fit so he is back with us. 
Sorry I thought we were referring to the previous selection and the 6 players you mentioned-that being the case,Macnichol would keep his place for me,cauldron or no cauldron(how many spectators will be there,anyway?)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:51pm
Patchell has been released to us.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:56pm

Sorry I thought we were referring to the previous selection and the 6 players you mentioned-that being the case,Macnichol would keep his place for me,cauldron or no cauldron(how many spectators will be there,anyway?)

The cauldron Dic will be the Ulster team!!! We are getting confused. Johnny is not available so we have to pick another 15. My point is that if Pivac acted like fast Eddie the 6 I named would be back with us apart from Cubby who is on the bench for Saturday. Of those 5 all would be in my 23 for Ulster. Blacker has been playing well but he doesn't keep Cawdor out for me. Rhys starts at 10 & Foxy would start for me ahead of Steff Hughes. Elias on bench with Halfpenny stepping in for McNichol. 
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:21pm
Only Patch being released??
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by townboy townboy wrote:

Patchell hasn't been released to play.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

According to the IC Wales updates , Pivac as told Patchell to go back to the club and get gametime .

So it waa bonkers to select him with so little rugby .
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:30pm
Patch should have been left with us for game time and then selected for the 6 nations,same could be said for Foxy and Liam
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Oh yes he has!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic