Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rainbow Cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 9:15am
Competing with these 4 teams during the 6N will be interesting.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Think it is meant to start after the 6 nations. Pretty meaningless for all concerned if played during 6 nations. Pro 14 final brought forward to late March as I understand it. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 9:42am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Think it is meant to start after the 6 nations. Pretty meaningless for all concerned if played during 6 nations. Pro 14 final brought forward to late March as I understand it. 
Apart from the fact we are all desperate for the cash.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Desperate for cash is not in doubt but what broadcaster in their right minds is going to be willing to pay to show a fully loaded South African franchise taking on the Scarlets minus their 12/15 Internationals. As I understand it the reason they are cutting the pro 14 short with only 16 games is so that they can play this tournament during April/May in the build up to the Lions tour.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 9:50am

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Desperate for cash is not in doubt but what broadcaster in their right minds is going to be willing to pay to show a fully loaded South African franchise taking on the Scarlets minus their 12/15 Internationals. As I understand it the reason they are cutting the pro 14 short with only 16 games is so that they can play this tournament during April/May in the build up to the Lions tour.
There's going to be a hell of a lot of change for the better over the next 2 years. CVC want the club game to be as important as the international game.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 9:57am
We are well placed to take on this new change. We have a good board, our own ground, a strong squad, a good academy and talent id system and a unique name  in world sports. 

We also have a large support base even if we are generally unsuccessful at getting them to the ground on matchday.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 10:13am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

We are well placed to take on this new change. We have a good board, our own ground, a strong squad, a good academy and talent id system and a unique name  in world sports. 

We also have a large support base even if we are generally unsuccessful at getting them to the ground on matchday.
Very true. I think it'll be a turbulent few years but we'll come out of it better in the long run.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 11:28am
So the current PRO14 is effectivley decided, Leinster win Conference A, whilst Munster have a strong lead, ahead of us in Conference B?

Irish League for Irish teams hey? 

No play offs? No second place? We need to claw back Munster to make any final? 
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 11:31am
I think it would better if we parked any short/medium term hopes of a British League, not sure it's healthy holding out hope for it.

There doesn't seem to be any desire from the English for us to join them, the only noise we hear from across the bridge is around ringfencing the premiership rather than increasing the jeopardy.

We need to be realistic in making the best we can out of the available options rather than wasting energy hoping for something that's not going to happen.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2020 at 12:16pm
Yep. The appetite in rugby SA for expansion and progression is key here.

Really hope this is the platform, although we all need to be open minded I feel.

Also we will have to sharpen up, be one of the Welsh sides, or these guys will trample us.
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2020 at 7:19am
The whole thing was dreamt up by Geoffrey and Bungle.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Yep. The appetite in rugby SA for expansion and progression is key here.

Really hope this is the platform, although we all need to be open minded I feel.

Also we will have to sharpen up, be one of the Welsh sides, or these guys will trample us.
This development means we will need to maintain a high quality roster of NWQ to compete during 6N. Playing the Sharks with a weak pack would not be much fun
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2020 at 10:04am
The SA rugby guys are seeing this as the ideal warm up for the Lions. They will be fully loaded in my view.
scarletsim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:56pm
Opening fixtures have been announced 
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 12:58pm
Saturday, 24 April - Dragons (A)
Saturday, 8 May - Ospreys (H)
Saturday, 15 May - Cardiff (H)
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Saturday, 24 April - Dragons (A)
Saturday, 8 May - Ospreys (H)
Saturday, 15 May - Cardiff (H)
how original LOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 18>
  Share Topic