Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2021 6 Nations.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 6 Nations.
    Posted: 26 January 2021 at 3:35pm
Interesting to see that England have lost Underhill for the tournament ( hip injury), Launchbury certainly for Scotland ( injury), Mako Vunipola & Sinckler for Scotland ( one injury one banned) & Joe Marler for family reasons not wanting to be away from his family for 8 weeks. So thats 4 starting forwards and the bench loose head missing. Scotland will be giving their scrum practice large in the next week or so. 
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 4:33pm
Their pro-sides have been dire but the combo of Russell and Hogg with some fit carriers in the pack might give the Scots a chance given that English injury list.

Hamish Watson and Rory Sutherland seem key to Scotland’s carrying.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2021 at 4:35pm
It’s ridiculous and Covid reckless that that the English based Wales players have to go back to their clubs inter competition - what’s wrong with them. Surely doing a pandemic they can just let the welsh players stay in a bubble . It should not be permitted 

Edited by reesytheexile - 26 January 2021 at 4:36pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2021 at 9:56am
Listening to Wayne Pivac's press conference yesterday leaves no real doubt how important this Ireland game is going to be for his & his coaching teams futures. He is clearly under huge pressure and is trying to glean any comfort he can - referring to the fact that he felt Wales were almost where they want to be in the final 6 nations game last year against Scotland. 

If that is the case then it passed me by in all honesty. He is clear that the set piece has to improve which is correct. Quite how this will be achieved is a little beyond me - our stock of props is, if we are honest, weak with Carre, Rhodri & Dillon not regular starters at regions. Anything happen to Wyn or Francis and we are going to struggle. Elsewhere in the pack our hopes lie in 3 guys finding form very quickly with AWJ not having played since October and Ken & Navidi only 20/30 minutes in months. 

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2021 at 11:48am
 Wales were almost where they want to be in the final 6 nations game last year against Scotland.”

Eh?!? 
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 11:49am
I'd expect this team from pivac

halfpenny north foxy jonny w adams biggar t Williams

wyn ken francis

ball awj

lydiate tips toby f

bench

carre elias lewis rowlands naividi  Cawdor evans LRZ

how many of that line up are in form and in full fitness?
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 11:56am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

It’s ridiculous and Covid reckless that that the English based Wales players have to go back to their clubs inter competition - what’s wrong with them. Surely doing a pandemic they can just let the welsh players stay in a bubble . It should not be permitted 

Who pays their wages?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

The English clubs pay their wages. They are in the right as far as I’m concerned. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 12:29pm
Lam hit the nail on the end - stop moaning WRU and pay up like the English teams have to. Can't really argue can we. All this nonsense been talked about throughout Gatland's  era about access to players - all they had to do was re-imburse the clubs for their wages. Typical WRU.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2021 at 12:55pm
Normally I'd agree but there is a health and safety issue here, players flying to other nations and then going back to clubs and the back to the national teams does raise a concern

The English clubs have the right to do this but under these extra ordinary circumstances imo they should waive those rights on this one occasion

That's just my take though and I understand the other view point
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 8:47am
Welcome prediction coming from Clive Woodward that Wales are about to come good at this 6 nations. He also believes that the welsh back row is the best in the World. Strange times indeed. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 9:07am
Dining out on a 20 year achievement.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Fair play to him he has eaten well on it - damn he even got to an Olympics!!!!! Starting to get excited now which is usual for me come the first week of the 6 nations. Looking at predictions I am even thinking of picking Wales for goodness sake - which I will again add is usual for this week every year. Didn't have me down as an eternal optimist but what can I say. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Fair play to him he has eaten well on it - damn he even got to an Olympics!!!!! Starting to get excited now which is usual for me come the first week of the 6 nations. Looking at predictions I am even thinking of picking Wales for goodness sake - which I will again add is usual for this week every year. Didn't have me down as an eternal optimist but what can I say. 

I'm quietly confident on Sunday but I don't know why. That said I am sure by Wednesday I will not see anything but a massive Irish win LOLLOL

I just want to see progress, get our back line running & trying things. We won't beat Ireland up front & we cannot just kick the ball to them as our kick chase isn't good enough. If we will continue to kick the ball away, we should use Biggar as the chaser as he is good at retrieving. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I'm quietly confident on Sunday but I don't know why. That said I am sure by Wednesday I will not see anything but a massive Irish win LOLLOL

I just want to see progress, get our back line running & trying things. We won't beat Ireland up front & we cannot just kick the ball to them as our kick chase isn't good enough. If we will continue to kick the ball away, we should use Biggar as the chaser as he is good at retrieving. 

Its quite amazing how much importance is being attributed to a guy who has been in the wilderness for two years. Relying heavily on Lydiate to stop Irish forward momentum. Can Tipuric work in tandem with him to turn over ball? 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 10:22am

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Its quite amazing how much importance is being attributed to a guy who has been in the wilderness for two years. Relying heavily on Lydiate to stop Irish forward momentum. Can Tipuric work in tandem with him to turn over ball? 

Tipuric doesn't actually make that many turn overs, at the Ospreys it tends to be the front rowers or the number 8.

I know I will get shot down for this but I think we should start Ball (if fit) & Rowlands as, & I know he brings leadership, AWJ won't clear the rucks out & we will need that Sunday.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic