Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2021 6 Nations.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 6:29pm
There is an alternative. Play naividi 8 tips 7 and lydiate 6 in all honesty toby f looked poor when he came on for bath on the weekend
Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 7:00pm
That’s an interesting prospect - but I guess the performance by Tips and Faletau against Italy in the Autumn will have secured TF’s place.

Only other thing is you’re potentially asking one of Lydiate and Navidi to go 80mins if the both start - given Lydiate’s coming back to intl rugby and Navidi coming off the back of an injury I can’t see either going 80mins.

Edited by dyniol53 - 01 February 2021 at 7:00pm
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 7:04pm
Lydiate has been picked as the starting 6, at least for the first 2 games.

Navidi, if he gets some good game time in, could step in.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 7:04pm
The other thing to note is that - when Pivac beat the Irish sides in our Pro12 win, it wasn’t through physicality - it was through turnover, handling skills and pace.

Given the opportunity, Faletau and Tips really fit the bill in that regard - so if Wales are ever going to play “the Pivac way” it will likely be with those two starting.

I know Wales keep losing because they’ve lost the physical edge they had under Gatland but if they’re actually to progress beyond that they’ll need to up their skills and start running around teams not through them. 
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 February 2021 at 10:47pm
Considering Navidi has played nowhere near enough rugby to justify throwing him in straight away against Ireland, my back-row for Sunday would be: 6. Lydiate 7. Tipuric 8. Faletau
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2021 at 2:43pm
Caelan Doris & Quinn Roux have been ruled out of Irelands 6 nations opener with Wales, with Munster's Gavin Coombes & Leinster second row Ryan Baird coming into the squad. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Caelan Doris & Quinn Roux have been ruled out of Irelands 6 nations opener with Wales, with Munster's Gavin Coombes & Leinster second row Ryan Baird coming into the squad. 

Don't think that weakens the squad much if at all judging by the way those two have been performing. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2021 at 2:49pm
That coombes is a real handful, I think he's better than doris tbh

Edited by RR1972 - 02 February 2021 at 2:50pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

That coombes is a real handful, I think he's better than doris tbh

He'll certainly test Lydiate's tackling if he's selected. Don't think I have seen a guy offer to carry so much. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2021 at 11:07am
There feels like there is an awful lot of silence in terms of press releases etc from the Welsh camp this year compared to previous 6 nations. Usually we have a player or coach speaking almost every day in the week before a game.
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2021 at 11:51am

As a fan I dont feel very optimistic for this 6n.

But the players dont think of it the same way as the fans they will have trained for 2 weeks and be in the zone. Lets hope some of the key players pick up some form as there hasnt been many stand out players in the p14.

Listened to foxy on a podcast a few weeks back and he said they know it more than anyone. It look a few seasons for things to click at Scarlets with Pivac and that was a team that he was able to coach muliple times a week throughout the year.

We will see cant get much worse can it

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Owen111 Owen111 wrote:

As a fan I dont feel very optimistic for this 6n.

But the players dont think of it the same way as the fans they will have trained for 2 weeks and be in the zone. Lets hope some of the key players pick up some form as there hasnt been many stand out players in the p14.

Listened to foxy on a podcast a few weeks back and he said they know it more than anyone. It look a few seasons for things to click at Scarlets with Pivac and that was a team that he was able to coach muliple times a week throughout the year.

We will see cant get much worse can it

Well, it can - and it might!
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2021 at 4:14pm
My only hope for the 6N is that all scarlets return injury free once its over.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2021 at 4:21pm
Well there seems a lot of optimism around even on this forum if you look at some predictions. I am struggling to see where this comes from as not much has changed since they whipped us last time. Sexton seems to be always on the treatment table in the past couple of seasons and rarely makes the 80. Their lineout has creaked but not as badly as ours. If O'Connell works his magic that will get sorted. One of our favourite sons Scotty Quinnell tips us for the Grand Slam - I'm definitely ordering what he's on for the weekend!!!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well there seems a lot of optimism around even on this forum if you look at some predictions. I am struggling to see where this comes from as not much has changed since they whipped us last time. Sexton seems to be always on the treatment table in the past couple of seasons and rarely makes the 80. Their lineout has creaked but not as badly as ours. If O'Connell works his magic that will get sorted. One of our favourite sons Scotty Quinnell tips us for the Grand Slam - I'm definitely ordering what he's on for the weekend!!!!
He looked and sounded like he'd had a bucketful of blue smarties and as much as i love scotty the whole show was an embarrassment .
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2021 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

He looked and sounded like he'd had a bucketful of blue smarties and as much as i love scotty the whole show was an embarrassment .

Aye, you can't knock it passion but it was a bit silly!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic