Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remaining fixtures.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:33pm
Edinburgh 11pts adrift, but with 2 games in hand.

A win next week will extend our lead to a min fo 14pts. We still have to play Munster. 
Sponsored Links

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:40pm
Good weekend for us with the zeros for Cardiff and Edinburgh. 
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

A win next week will extend our lead to a min of 14pts. We still have to play Munster. 

Both the Blues and Scarlets play Edinburgh, Blues at home, while we are away.  Both also play Munster, we are away, Blues at home, with Munster maybe having little to play for, in theory.  We really need to win in Scotland...
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2021 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

A win next week will extend our lead to a min of 14pts. We still have to play Munster. 

Both the Blues and Scarlets play Edinburgh, Blues at home, while we are away.  Both also play Munster, we are away, Blues at home, with Munster maybe having little to play for, in theory.  We really need to win in Scotland...

Agreed
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 8:47am

Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

Agreed

Best case scenario for us is Munster winning their next 2 to guarantee top spot, they may rest a few when we travel there then
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 8:51am
Round 12 - Scarlets vs Benetton , Edinburgh vs Munster, Connacht vs Blues
Round 13 - Edinburgh vs Scarlets, Blues vs Munster, Benetton vs Connacht
Round 14 - Scarlets vs Blues was brought forward and already played, Munster vs Connacht and Edinburgh vs Benetton are being played this weekend
Round 15 - Munster vs Scarlets, Connacht vs Edinburgh, Benetton vs Blues
Round 16 - Scarlets vs Connacht and Blues vs Edinburgh

Round 12 was a perfect weekend for us , every result went as we could have hoped , eventhough Brace did rob Blues of a LBP.
If we can scrape a win in Edinburgh this weekend then we open some daylight between us and them as they have 2 games in hand (Dragons Away and Benetton Home), i expect them to win both their games in hand and get 9 points, so if we lose there this weekend they will have the upper hand

Me being the optimistic person that i am, if we do put a winning run together then we could end up playing Connacht last game to see who finishes 2nd but that means we have to win in Edinburgh

Edited by scarletsrules - 22 February 2021 at 8:53am
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:10am
We absolutely can win this next game. We are on the up and they are faltering somewhat. I would like to see Asquith get a chance on the wing, as much as I think Conbeer is a tidy player. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:19am
I am not getting carried away by the result Saturday as I think Benetton were very poor. I also think our poor showings against the Blues will leave us with far too much to do to catch Connacht. We are playing for 3rd place and Saturdays results were extremely helpful. If we can beat Edinburgh on Saturday and Munster beat the Blues I think we are in with an excellent chance of 3rd. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I am not getting carried away by the result Saturday as I think Benetton were very poor. I also think our poor showings against the Blues will leave us with far too much to do to catch Connacht. We are playing for 3rd place and Saturdays results were extremely helpful. If we can beat Edinburgh on Saturday and Munster beat the Blues I think we are in with an excellent chance of 3rd. 
Top four secures European qualification so a win on Saturday against Edinburgh should secure that at least.

Edited by scarletnut - 22 February 2021 at 9:21am
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Top four secures European qualification so a win on Saturday against Edinburgh should secure that at least.

Thats good news Steff.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 10:43am
A further 5 positive Covid tests in the French camp, including the skipper Olivion.

Struggling to see how this match will go ahead & will be unfair if Edinburgh get players back.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:21pm

Has it been announced anywhere that that is the case? The Pro14 usually only gets 7 places. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Has it been announced anywhere that that is the case? The Pro14 usually only gets 7 places. 
It was 8 spots in each league this season as they upped it to 24 teams. Indications are they are going to keep the same format for next season but no announcement yet either way.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

It was 8 spots in each league this season as they upped it to 24 teams. Indications are they are going to keep the same format for next season but no announcement yet either way.
Why? It’s such an awful format and only saves one free weekend anyway. Surely if they’re going to expand it to 24 teams 6 pools of 4 would be a better option, while still playing the teams in your pools not a random collection of teams based on a format that no one understands.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Why? It’s such an awful format and only saves one free weekend anyway. Surely if they’re going to expand it to 24 teams 6 pools of 4 would be a better option, while still playing the teams in your pools not a random collection of teams based on a format that no one understands.
Completely agree, but if it means us being involved next season then selfishly I don't particularly mind it.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2021 at 1:56pm

Not forgetting that the final round of fixtures sees Edinburgh play the Blues, which could put one of those tow out of contention. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic