Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Italy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 9:56pm
North has been a revelation at 13, I think thats his position permanently now...Looks a lions 13 too
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2021 at 10:09pm
Ospreys now need to play North 13, alongside Williams.

LRZ & Adams first choice Wales wings. 

Liam or Leigh at 15.

Job well done. So too Paris & Super Saturday.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 2:44am
I fear North at 13 next week, as I do Foxy.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 6:46am
Marzio Innocenti is the FIR president. The twenty year more darkness of our rugby history is closed and the result of this tournament are the summary of they did in the last years...
Now Italy needs a new fresh air, there money enough for try to change this course, or these are the last games in 6N for us...
About yesterday, players remained in rest room before the start, Italy is not so bad, or in the clubs they never played so bad...
The first thing to do is sack all the coaching staff and Smith has to choice who he wants...
Wales won and I m happy, but I feel so sorry for the boys on the field, they dont dererve all this..
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 7:24am
Good first half then we got really sloppy. Adams, Foxy & Liam were guilty of blowing chances which we won't get away with next week. Adams' attempt to score in the 2nd half was extremely poor. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 7:37am
Foxy seems to be solid if unspectacular really. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Fickou & Vakatawa will present our midfield with some interesting challenges. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 8:10am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Good first half then we got really sloppy. Adams, Foxy & Liam were guilty of blowing chances which we won't get away with next week. Adams' attempt to score in the 2nd half was extremely poor. 

I actually think the try was good - given the shape of a rugby ball, the rear end (away from the camera) MUST have been on the grass, before it got lifted a little. Just as much a try as Itoje's, IMO, and the commentators thought so too at first, before being talked out of it by the TMO. (In Itoje's case, the TMO talked the ref into awarding the try.) No wonder Adams looked bemused, and he must have known - just as LRZ was amazed last game's try got given.

I thought both were valid.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 8:13am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I actually think the try was good - given the shape of a rugby ball, the rear end (away from the camera) MUST have been on the grass, before it got lifted a little. Just as much a try as Itoje's, IMO, and the commentators thought so too at first, before being talked out of it by the TMO. (In Itoje's case, the TMO talked the ref into awarding the try.) No wonder Adams looked bemused, and he must have known - just as LRZ was amazed last game's try got given.

You may or may not be correct Aber but Adams had so much time to finish the try without any need for the TMO. For what its worth I thought both Adams' & Itoje's were not tries. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

You fear 'for' them, I think you mean?

Well, they'll be up against a class pairing, no doubt... Gethin J will need to make sure they are on the same page defensively - Foxy did all he had to do there yesterday, TBF. North still unused to the position, but is quick and strong.

It could go either way, but most games are won in the forwards, and I rather fancy our pack ATM.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 8:16am

You may or may not be correct Aber but Adams had so much time to finish the try without any need for the TMO. For what its worth I thought both Adams' & Itoje's were not tries

Haha! So we completely disagree! As I say - it looked as if the balls in both cases touched the ground very early (over the line) before being lifted...

Maybe some sort of IT system could be invented to decide these marginal calls, like the one used in tennis for line calls.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 8:18am

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

You fear 'for' them, I think you mean?

Well, they'll be up against a class pairing, no doubt... Gethin J will need to make sure they are on the same page defensively - Foxy did all he had to do there yesterday, TBF. North still unused to the position, but is quick and strong.

It could go either way, but most games are won in the forwards, and I rather fancy our pack ATM.

Yes Aber the pack seem to be getting stronger - I think Beard will come back in with Hill to the bench as he is more physical. Elsewhere I can't see too many changes unless they feel Tomos Williams is ready for the bench. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 9:29am

Fair assessment that. He must be doing something right but as you alluded at nothing spectacular.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Fair assessment that. He must be doing something right but as you alluded at nothing spectacular.

Think his defensive line organising skills likely makes our defence a lot stronger - I bet we'd notice if he wasn't there - but he is limited in attack at the moment. Still can't pass off his right hand but never mind, can't do everything I suppose. Next week will be a test but Foxy has been there, done that so having that solidness and experience at 12 isn't a bad thing. Plus there's almost no other realistic options.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 2:47pm
Im not overly concerned about foxy and north dealing with those 2. It will be a collossal clash and in certain positions fickou vakatawa and thomas are unstoppable regardless who is defending , penaud is also class. But theyre not the same team on the back foot. I thought foxy had a very good first 50. He did everything right , made some hard yards, tackled like a dervish, competed at breakdowns, popped a lovely pass to creat norths try, did all the donkey work, ripped off an italian 10 yards from our line...second half he faded though. It surprised me pivac took off north and kept on foxy, maybe hes just trying to get him back to 100% match fitness 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2021 at 11:56pm
Just rewatched the adams no try and Im certain he did touch it down before his leg hit the line
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic