Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ospreys next signing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ospreys next signing
    Posted: 10 March 2021 at 8:15pm
Amid much trumpet blowing and fanfaring, we are lead to believe that it will upset us.

Having discounted the Osian Knott move, this mystery changed from being elusive in the extreme to the last piece of the jigsaw being put into its place.

Could be wrong. It could be a major defection from us to them. It could be some big name from somewhere across the oceans, requiring quarantine and much other pre-travel checking.

Not sure what put me onto the theory. Some random event; turn of the wheels etc., however, here’s my suggestion.

They’ve signed a lease to do a groundshare with us.

It might make Luke and team’s job more difficult to keep our pasture still green and not a mud Bath suitable for wintering hippos at times.

However, the reality is that Luke and team would take the challenge in their stride and we’d get some decent money from them. 

What’s not to like.

Could be total tosh, though Wink
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 8:25pm
Can’t see it happening. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 8:39pm
It’s Collins by all accounts. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 9:08pm
I sometimes wonder which forum I’m on the amount the Ospreys get mentioned. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Not really sure why that’d upset Scarlets fans. He’s an ok player but nothing more.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Not really sure why that’d upset Scarlets fans. He’s an ok player but nothing more.

And it’s not like he’s a monster second rower who we desperately need. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 9:36pm

Were we in for him perhaps? 

Edited by ap sior - 10 March 2021 at 9:37pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2021 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Were we in for him perhaps? 

Maybe, though I’d imagine our focus will be on the pack in terms of recruitment thought I’m probably wrong. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 12:40am

Assume it's because he used to play for us, but as you said he's just an ok player, doesn't bother me in the slightest them having him
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 7:51am
he was a good player but always thought he lacked pace to really make him genuine class. good player who can cover 15 and in the centres and experienced after playing a lot of super rugby. tidy signing not an earth shattering signing.
ospreys just trying to wind us up with them signing an ex-player of ours
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 8:07am
Exactly, I don't think he would get into our first team or maybe even second team so not bothered really.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Amid much trumpet blowing and fanfaring, we are lead to believe that it will upset us.

Having discounted the Osian Knott move, this mystery changed from being elusive in the extreme to the last piece of the jigsaw being put into its place.

Could be wrong. It could be a major defection from us to them. It could be some big name from somewhere across the oceans, requiring quarantine and much other pre-travel checking.

Not sure what put me onto the theory. Some random event; turn of the wheels etc., however, here’s my suggestion.

They’ve signed a lease to do a groundshare with us.

It might make Luke and team’s job more difficult to keep our pasture still green and not a mud Bath suitable for wintering hippos at times.

However, the reality is that Luke and team would take the challenge in their stride and we’d get some decent money from them. 

What’s not to like.

Could be total tosh, though Wink
That's one heck of a theory Steve which either required some inciteful inside knowledge or an imagination to rival that of Walt Disney himself.  

Can you imagine turning up on the wrong weekend all decked out in Scarlet only to find everyone else is in black. LOL
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 11:07am

Exactly, I don't think he would get into our first team or maybe even second team so not bothered really.

That’s just silly. He is a decent WQ player who did well for us. No need to demean him. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 11:11am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

That’s just silly. He is a decent WQ player who did well for us. No need to demean him. 

It wasn't demeaning at all, it is my opinion that he wouldn't get in.

Would you pick him at 15 ahead of Halfpenny, Williams of McNicholl? 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 11:19am
good player Collins, covers 12 13 and 15 and won't be away with wales excellent signing for the ospreys with their current squad

But a big blow to us? No he wouldn't get in at 15 unless we had 3 possibly 4  players missing and he wouldn't get in our first team at 12/13 , possibly not even when our internationals are away.

This is not a knock on him he just plays in area we are already well stocked

I wish him luck seems a top bloke but I won't be gutted missing out on him

Edited by RR1972 - 11 March 2021 at 11:22am
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

He’s not demeaned him. He’s nothing special
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic