Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

And on to France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 9:00am
I would argue France have the better individual players but we have a better team. 
The discipline Wales has showed in this year’s tournament has been outstanding. A fact I heard on weekend that we haven’t had yellow card since 2018 if that is true that is remarkable. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

I would argue France have the better individual players but we have a better team. 
The discipline Wales has showed in this year’s tournament has been outstanding. A fact I heard on weekend that we haven’t had yellow card since 2018 if that is true that is remarkable. 

Our discipline has been outstanding, we dead rucked everything in the first half against Italy & just got bodies on their feet to have the red wall.

There is something about Wales, when our backs are against the wall the team seem to group together & work so hard to get over the line. I think, if we pull this off it, it will certainly be up there with the best Grand Slams we have won.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Our discipline has been outstanding, we dead rucked everything in the first half against Italy & just got bodies on their feet to have the red wall.

There is something about Wales, when our backs are against the wall the team seem to group together & work so hard to get over the line. I think, if we pull this off it, it will certainly be up there with the best Grand Slams we have won.

Here's the thing - I wouldn't even be putting Ladram's money on Wales not winning it. Wink
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 12:35pm
AWJ is crucial in this area of discipline, organization and structure...Hes practically managing and coaching the side whilst on the field. Even if he has lost a few yards of pace and energy, his rugby mind is sharper than ever. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 2:17pm
any wales win sees us get the trophy, a draw sees us get the trophy, a 4 - 1/ 4-2  defeat sees us get the trophy a 5 -2 defeat sees us get the trophy.

So we either need to win,  get a low scoring defeat or a high scoring game but a narrow defeat

Do we go out and play our natural game and go for the win or adapt the tactics ?

Do we have wainwright on the bench or botham? or have ball and beard on the bench to cover the second row and add bulk against a big French pack

Does halfpenny come into the 23?

Do we look at tomas Williams as a bench option?

I personally prefer smith to carre as a sub prop if I'm honest but will lack of game time go against him

Do we even
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 2:51pm
Not thinking of defeat - only the Grand Slam 
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 2:59pm
Team picks itself in my opinion. 

Beard in for Hill, Hill on bench.

Tomos on bench for L. Williams.

Sheedy and Halaholo bench backs.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:11pm
For all the plaudits about the French attack - they only scored 15 points vs Ireland and only managed 20 against England.

We sort of have to accept that France will probably score 2 tries that we won’t really be able to stop. It might be a magic offload of a flair move. 

But Ireland and England both stopped them at 2 tries, so we shouldn’t be too scared.

I think Melon will have been studying the French defence pretty hard and might be working with Stevo to work out how to unlock it. 

As Chris Ashton said on the RUW podcast, Fabian Galtie probably spent all week practising that line-out move but neglected practising their exits. 

They’re a cracking group of players but they still have French weaknesses. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

For all the plaudits about the French attack - they only scored 15 points vs Ireland and only managed 20 against England.

We sort of have to accept that France will probably score 2 tries that we won’t really be able to stop. It might be a magic offload of a flair move. 

But Ireland and England both stopped them at 2 tries, so we shouldn’t be too scared.

I think Melon will have been studying the French defence pretty hard and might be working with Stevo to work out how to unlock it. 

As Chris Ashton said on the RUW podcast, Fabian Galtie probably spent all week practising that line-out move but neglected practising their exits. 

fair points, great try though wasn't it in fairnessClap
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:35pm

correct
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:36pm

spot on again, youre on a roll
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:36pm

And Halfpenny to 15
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 3:57pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

And Halfpenny to 15
Disagree. We looked a better side against Scotland when Halfpenny came off. Great player, but injuries and age have caught up. Liam better at 15 especially with how we are playing now.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

And Halfpenny to 15
Disagree. We looked a better side against Scotland when Halfpenny came off. Great player, but injuries and age have caught up. Liam better at 15 especially with how we are playing now.
Halfpenny’s decision making in attack and his positional play defensively is superior. 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 5:01pm

Halfpenny’s decision making in attack and his positional play defensively is superior. 

Agree his defensive positional play is generally better. Though vs Scotland he made a massive error for Hogg’s try. 

Just think Sanjay creates more, running threat from anywhere, makes a few more half breaks and his passing can get us from attacking one side of the pitch to the other - with North and Zammit on the pitch I think that’s huge.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2021 at 6:00pm

Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

And Halfpenny to 15
I don’t agree. Williams is a superior attacker, and more reliable in the air. Liam has combined well with the wings and midfield, joining the line very effectively. We’ve been a better attacking side with him in it, and he’s bailed us out in defence a few times, such as Itoje’s chargedown. If we have a reliable goal kicker at 10, there is no benefit to having Halfpenny at 15 over Williams.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic