Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

And on to France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2021 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Wyn Jones will be a Lion. How great is that.

75 mins still tackling up to the last minute. Superb effort-well done Wyn! 
Pity TV coverage didn't show crucial scrums (intent on showing mega close ups of French Arms) 
Sponsored Links

Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 1:14am
Gareth Davies seems to have lost that spark. There was a time where you'd put your money on him making a break or having a moment of magic. 

Edited by Sosban89 - 21 March 2021 at 1:19am
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

Gareth Davies seems to have lost that spark. There was a time where you'd put your money on his making a break or having a moment of magic. 
That’s a bit unfair I feel. He was by no means world beating but I thought he had a good game - certainly played a lot better than Tomos Williams did when he came on.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 7:04am
Tomos williams showed his lack of match fitness. He was poor
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 7:20am
the difference was in different quality of the bench. Wales suffer too many absences in key roles...
Today I think everybody can be proud of this team...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 8:21am
A wonderful game with two teams intent on playing. Thought our luck finally ran out - the first French try should not have been allowed as the throw at the lineout was never straight and we should have been awarded a penalty try. 

Our bench as others have mentioned didn't have the impact of previous games. With 2 minutes on the clock we failed to see out the game when in control which is gut wrenching. Wyn Jones has been my Welsh player of the 6 nations closely followed by LRZ and the whole back row. 
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 8:28am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

A wonderful game with two teams intent on playing. Thought our luck finally ran out - the first French try should not have been allowed as the throw at the lineout was never straight and we should have been awarded a penalty try. 

Our bench as others have mentioned didn't have the impact of previous games. With 2 minutes on the clock we failed to see out the game when in control which is gut wrenching. Wyn Jones has been my Welsh player of the 6 nations closely followed by LRZ and the whole back row. 
Clap
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 10:47am
Cannot understand not taking the scrum on offer, by the time it forms you are in to the last minute at least. 

Also the ruck before we gave away the penalty, ref calls play it tips is clearly playing 9 and gets dragged into the ruck, should have been a penalty to Wales. 

Incredible game, as frustrating as it was brilliant, for me Ref got all the big decisions correct but it was the smaller ones he missed that swung it France's way.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Cannot understand not taking the scrum on offer, by the time it forms you are in to the last minute at least. 

Also the ruck before we gave away the penalty, ref calls play it tips is clearly playing 9 and gets dragged into the ruck, should have been a penalty to Wales. 

Incredible game, as frustrating as it was brilliant, for me Ref got all the big decisions correct but it was the smaller ones he missed that swung it France's way.
He failed to award us a penalty try, and incorrectly penalised and yellow carded Liam Williams. I don’t see how you can therefore say he got all the big decisions correct.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

He failed to award us a penalty try, and incorrectly penalised and yellow carded Liam Williams. I don’t see how you can therefore say he got all the big decisions correct.

I mean we can pick holes if we like,  would class the Sanjay decision in the group of smaller decisions that swung it France's way. I would class the big decisions as the red card, the held ups and zammit try, the penalty try had been covered elsewhere.
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 1:22pm
I tend to agree we were on the wrong end of numerous decision. Specifically the 3 highlighted above. But in games of rugby now you’re always gonna have lots of calls against you.

There was a Tipuric ‘no arms tackle’ that was penalised and never replayed. Likewise I never saw the the Williams yellow replayed on screen. Then the penalty try is, in retrospect, the most damaging to us.

We should have already won it as we were best team for 60 mins. But fair play to France, they cruised up the pitch at the end.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 1:36pm
We were ten points up, they had a man sent off and there was ten to play, we blew that big time, sheedy had the chance to kick the ball to touch and use up time not once but twice, he didn’t do it either time. Once cost us a pen the second a pen and a yellow card, v poor play, no need to sub biggar we were in control. Pivac made a poor call sheedy played badly . That’s where game was lost. Shame as we were excellent for an hour
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

We were ten points up, they had a man sent off and there was ten to play, we blew that big time, sheedy had the chance to kick the ball to touch and use up time not once but twice, he didn’t do it either time. Once cost us a pen the second a pen and a yellow card, v poor play, no need to sub biggar we were in control. Pivac made a poor call sheedy played badly . That’s where game was lost. Shame as we were excellent for an hour
Pivac said post-match that Biggar was suffering from cramp and that was the reason he was taken off. Otherwise I’d agree with you.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 3:00pm
Sheedy and Halaholo are not best suited for that type of last 15 mins.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 3:12pm
word for the fox, he was very good yesterday. 
As for the ref , massive mistake with penalty try not awarded. The liam one I will need to look again. He tackled got up quick but did he come through the gate, was there even a ruck formed? either way if it was a penalty no way a yellow card.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Sheedy and Halaholo are not best suited for that type of last 15 mins.

I agree, the final 10/15 minutes were frantic and we were not chasing the lead, Sheedy and Halaholo have been excellent in this championship, but with the exception of Italy, they have come on when the game was still in the balance and we needed to change it up a bit, they were definitely different circumstances and different pressures.
For most of the game the Welsh kickers kicked to keep the ball in play and not to find touch (it must be a NZ coaching thing) so Sheedy was only doing what Biggar was doing before he went off, think of Cawdor against Ireland when with seconds left he kicked the ball away and almost cost us the match.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic