Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barrie Davies (Scarlets Supporter)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barrie Davies (Scarlets Supporter)
    Posted: 27 March 2021 at 10:29am
It is with great sadness that I inform you of the passing of Barrie who died yesterday after a long and brave battle against cancer at the age of 74. Many of you may know Barrie, he was a lifelong Scarlets supporter having stood on the Tannerbank as a child. I had the privilege to sit by him in the south stand at Stradey, in S4 at Y Parc and on many away trips such as Nottingham, Leicester, Northampton, Cardiff etc. 23 years alltogether. He was a passionate and loyal supporter who would meet up with friends on Thursdays at the Heart and Soul cafe where they would chat over a coffee and Barrie would ask rugby and Scarlets trivia questions. The likes of Pivac, Byron, Ioan, Brad and especially Stevo would often join in and try to answer some questions. Barrie was one of life's characters and always had a funny story or a joke to tell and was one of the most positive upbeat guys you would ever wish to meet. That enthusiasm and zest for life prevailed even through his long illness. Thoughts and love go out to his family and friends.
The return to rugby at Y Parc will be tinged with sadness as there will be a seat there that can never be filled. Rest in peace Bar. 
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 10:43am
Condolences to family and friends.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 11:21am
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

It is with great sadness that I inform you of the passing of Barrie who died yesterday after a long and brave battle against cancer at the age of 74. Many of you may know Barrie, he was a lifelong Scarlets supporter having stood on the Tannerbank as a child. I had the privilege to sit by him in the south stand at Stradey, in S4 at Y Parc and on many away trips such as Nottingham, Leicester, Northampton, Cardiff etc. 23 years alltogether. He was a passionate and loyal supporter who would meet up with friends on Thursdays at the Heart and Soul cafe where they would chat over a coffee and Barrie would ask rugby and Scarlets trivia questions. The likes of Pivac, Byron, Ioan, Brad and especially Stevo would often join in and try to answer some questions. Barrie was one of life's characters and always had a funny story or a joke to tell and was one of the most positive upbeat guys you would ever wish to meet. That enthusiasm and zest for life prevailed even through his long illness. Thoughts and love go out to his family and friends.
The return to rugby at Y Parc will be tinged with sadness as there will be a seat there that can never be filled. Rest in peace Bar. 

I didn't know the gentleman in question but your words certainly convey the extent of your friendship. My condolences to his family & friends such as yourself. 
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 11:22am
RIP Barrie, don't think I knew him but speaking to family and many of them did. Condolences to the family.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 1:18pm
Very sad to hear the news about Barrie.   He was always smiling  and very friendly.  I enjoyed  speaking to  him.   Thinking of his family,  and  all  his friends at this sad time. My sympathy to you too  Rob  , as you've lost a dear friend.  Cysgan dawel Barrie. 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2021 at 1:23pm
Sorry to heat that. Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic