Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uzair Cassiem signs for Bayonne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Cassiem had an excellent second season and was genuinely popular... this season, Kalamafoni has taken the 8 shirt, being a bit bigger and harder to stop.

Pity to see him go, but it was to be expected - good luck, Uzair!

Although undersized, he played above his weight and was a solid and popular player.  I would have kept him over Blade and maybe even Shingler, with the latter having a bit to prove as the game has changed a bit in his absence, and is coming to the end of his career..
Sponsored Links

gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 8:11pm
Best wishes to him. Always gave his best for us I think.

A few backs could be let go as well. especially those who have never performed, even adequately, since they were signed.
What's going on?
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 9:03pm
He’s been one of those niche players who bonds with the crowd. Goes over to them and interacts. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 9:32pm
He did ok for us on the field, off the field he was a great ambassador.

Best of luck.

I see this a belief in Carwyn to play a more significant role next season.

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 9:48pm
Tex, Ball, Cassiem, Ossian, Asquith, Kennedy(?) all leaving.

That's a lot of strength in the pack and a brilliant creative back all leaving.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 10:22pm
Sad news butt predictable, can’t even make the match day squad for tomorrow and isn’t on the injury list.  He’s really fallen out of favour with Delaney after being a firm favourite for Pivac (when he got over his injury) and then Brad.
I echo what’s been said about keeping him over Blade and we don’t know how long Shingler can keep on playing at this level.
I really fear where we are going next season with the losses already announced and the direction we appear to be going under Delaney and Co.  I’ve never been so worried in over 40 years of following the scarlets/Llanelli scarlets.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Is Kennedy leaving? That puts us dangerously thin on the blindside.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Sad news butt predictable, can’t even make the match day squad for tomorrow and isn’t on the injury list.  He’s really fallen out of favour with Delaney after being a firm favourite for Pivac (when he got over his injury) and then Brad.
I echo what’s been said about keeping him over Blade and we don’t know how long Shingler can keep on playing at this level.
I really fear where we are going next season with the losses already announced and the direction we appear to be going under Delaney and Co.  I’ve never been so worried in over 40 years of following the scarlets/Llanelli scarlets.

I agree. The more I think about it, the more it seems Mooar leaving was an absolute disaster.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2021 at 11:52pm

Given the uncertainty of what income we can expect next season it would be understandable if the board decided to trim the budget until the dust settles. We’d be in a decent position to build back up once normality returns. 

I’m not expecting us to be pushing for trophies, but there’s no reason we couldn’t be a competitive mid table side, which is what we’ve been for the majority of the last 15 years. 
Peter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 8:59am
Originally posted by Peter Peter wrote:

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

[QUOTE=SA14]The players in v players out ratio is a bit unbalanced. 
does seem like that - but we do know the squad number is being cut by 6 players for next season. so that is obviously going to happen.

If that's true, 4 confirmed as leaving, Will Griff coming in, that means there are a fair few more exits to be announced.  Bearing in mind we are short at lock and No.8, could be another 5  contract
exiled turk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exiled turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 9:13am
Gutted Cassiem is leaving us. Always 100% committed and was our best player last year. He also brings a real positivity with him and connects with the supporters on social media in a way you don't see many others doing.

Best of luck with the move and thanks for the memories.

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 9:21am
In all honesty given the financial climate I am surprised that we are only talking about 6. Werner, Tex, Jake, Jac, Uzair are all confirmed. Strong rumours that Knott & Asquith are also leaving. With WillGriff joining thats a net of 6 already. I see the likes of Dylan Evans, Alec Jeffries, Marc Jones, AOB as possibly being surplus if we see the return to fitness of Patchell, Rob, Samson & Cubby.

The signing of at least one quality 2nd row may be the extent of our business on the playing front. The coaching team also needs looking at.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 9:22am

Not so many first choice though.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Not so many first choice though.

That of course is the crux of the situation. If calendar changes really do mean we see more of our top line players then the loss of Jake & Jac are probably the only players who we would, at this moment, call first choice 23. We can be certain that whilst we are seeing many departures announced other squads throughout the pro 12/14/16 will soon be following. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Given the uncertainty of what income we can expect next season it would be understandable if the board decided to trim the budget until the dust settles. We’d be in a decent position to build back up once normality returns. 

I’m not expecting us to be pushing for trophies, but there’s no reason we couldn’t be a competitive mid table side, which is what we’ve been for the majority of the last 15 years. 

My biggest concern is the direction we appear to be going under Delaney, his game plan and his selection policy.  I have to say that I have turned the TV off, or just left it on in the background and done something else a few times this season when the scarlets have been playing, due to standard of play or the direction of play, that is something I never thought I would ever find myself doing.  And if I find myself doing that after 40 years as a season ticket holder, I really fear that the club is going to lose a lot of the new members who bought season tickets following the successes on the field and the brand of rugby played under Pivac at Co.
Yes, the board probably feels that the financial situation caused by COVID-19 and the lack of match day revenue etc, but this financial situation does seem to be affecting the other regions, who all seem to be announcing new signings.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 April 2021 at 11:51am

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

My biggest concern is the direction we appear to be going under Delaney, his game plan and his selection policy.  I have to say that I have turned the TV off, or just left it on in the background and done something else a few times this season when the scarlets have been playing, due to standard of play or the direction of play, that is something I never thought I would ever find myself doing.  And if I find myself doing that after 40 years as a season ticket holder, I really fear that the club is going to lose a lot of the new members who bought season tickets following the successes on the field and the brand of rugby played under Pivac at Co.
Yes, the board probably feels that the financial situation caused by COVID-19 and the lack of match day revenue etc, but this financial situation does seem to be affecting the other regions, who all seem to be announcing new signings.
I think you’re not alone re that TV habit.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic