Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corey Baldwin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2021 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

Exeter have announced the signing of Connacht centre Sean O’Brien for next season. 

That’s not great news for Corey Baldwin. 
One makes one bed so one lays in it ! Not bothered in all honesty. 
I still hope he does well. Always like seeing our academy players do well even if it’s elsewhere. 

Players usually take a while to settle in at Exeter as they’re so well drilled and have very high standards. As an aside, Exeter Chiefs website in particular their squad page is excellent. Long detailed write ups on players and in-depth up to date stats. Puts ours to shame.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 8:03am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Exeter have announced the signing of Connacht centre Sean O’Brien for next season. 

I still hope he does well. Always like seeing our academy players do well even if it’s elsewhere. 

Players usually take a while to settle in at Exeter as they’re so well drilled and have very high standards. As an aside, Exeter Chiefs website in particular their squad page is excellent. Long detailed write ups on players and in-depth up to date stats. Puts ours to shame.

Good post Sospan. I, as many on here know, championed Corey while he was with us. I do not profess to know what his situation is at Exeter but I would imagine that he will have learnt a lot from his time there. His decision to leave the Scarlets, based on our midfield selections since, was for me totally correct. On his form before he left us he would, on merit, be our starting 13.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Good post Sospan. I, as many on here know, championed Corey while he was with us. I do not profess to know what his situation is at Exeter but I would imagine that he will have learnt a lot from his time there. His decision to leave the Scarlets, based on our midfield selections since, was for me totally correct. On his form before he left us he would, on merit, be our starting 13.
I agree, I was very very excited to see what Corey could do for us and was disappointed he left. I would imagine Exeter is one of the best places for a young player to learn their trade.

That said I also have very high hopes for young Joe Roberts and I hope he gets a good crack at it next year.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 9:12am
Yeah I think i’m over the disappointment of Corey Leaving, we all thought he was the heir apparent to Foxy but its not to be. I think had he stayed in Wales he’d have been capped by now. But we have Bleddyn and Tyler Morgan, they are more than capable of getting into the Wales team in the upcoming season(s).
I’m hoping with Peel at the helm our attack will improve consistently. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 11:41am
Yes all points you have both made are very fair. As many have pointed out on this forum the decisions taken by both the coaches & young players have massive implications & nobody can ever claim that they get it right 100% of the time. For every Josh Adams there will be a Jordan Williams ( no disrespect to Jordan intended). Only time will tell if Corey, Osian, Harri & Jac  were the correct decisions or not. 

We, as supporters, have to trust our coaches/management to get more decisions right than they get wrong. What is certain is that there will only be one heir to Foxy & currently young Joe Roberts looks the best bet.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Yes all points you have both made are very fair. As many have pointed out on this forum the decisions taken by both the coaches & young players have massive implications & nobody can ever claim that they get it right 100% of the time. For every Josh Adams there will be a Jordan Williams ( no disrespect to Jordan intended). Only time will tell if Corey, Osian, Harri & Jac  were the correct decisions or not. 

We, as supporters, have to trust our coaches/management to get more decisions right than they get wrong. What is certain is that there will only be one heir to Foxy & currently young Joe Roberts looks the best bet.
And of course Corey allegedly “felt “ English and Jac seems to have deemed himself an Osprey follower with his family. All a bit hard to grasp personally but it was their choice. Morgan was clearly the biggest known loss as he has already burst through with us but Baldwin was way down the success list when he decided to leave us. Can’t wait now for next season.
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony Clifton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2021 at 3:35pm
I’d take Corey back if he was available all that being said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic