FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOsian Knott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Out of interest anybody know how Baldwin got on?

I asked that recently in general rugby, apparently he’s had little playing time, he’s another one who looks like he has it all going for him.
Sponsored Links

Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Out of interest anybody know how Baldwin got on?
Seen quite a few Exeter games this season. Corey’s only been on the bench a few times and come on late in the game. Don’t know if he’s been injured or just not selected. 
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

We seem to be the only region cutting our cloth at the moment.

Ospreys playing supermarket sweep yet again, such a greedy lot.
Lots of announcements around the corner... on the positive side
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Good to hear Steff. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:13pm

Good to hear.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:32pm
Good to hear Steff, the sooner the better
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 8:44pm
The irony is you could swear he’s playing above and beyond other players in the team. He hasn’t started a game for us. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 9:39pm
I think we will be ok at centre. I often think we need a real bruiser, crash ball Hadleigh Parkes type. We have enough skill and pace (when they get going). Just need someone scary LOL
Tony Clifton View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

I think we will be ok at centre. I often think we need a real bruiser, crash ball Hadleigh Parkes type. We have enough skill and pace (when they get going). Just need someone scary LOL
Johnny Williams is a big lad with power, but can’t string three matches together.
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:11pm
In the light of this and Jac Morgan’s departure should we consider disbanding our academy and use the money we save to scavenge the most promising products produced by the other regions? 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

In the light of this and Jac Morgan’s departure should we consider disbanding our academy and use the money we save to scavenge the most promising products produced by the other regions? 
genuine question when we signed morgan and obrien from the dragons? Or patchell from the blues did you object then? All regions sign players from other regions. It’s just part of the game
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:36pm
Genuine answer.
 As I far as I’m aware Patchell joined us as he wished to play at 10 and Anscombe was occupying that spot. Neither Tyler Morgan or Angus O’Brien we’re promising academy products, but were  out of favour at the Dragons. I fully understand players such as Mike Phillips leaving us when Dwayne Peel was our first choice scrum half, or for that matter Josh Turnbull as he wanted to play at 6. I have a huge amount of time for Josh and was very disappointed when he left us. It’s a bit ironic that he’s played across the back five with distinction during his time with the Blues.
I’m totally unimpressed when a group of parasites set out their objective as picking off Academy Products from other regions.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:37pm

Genuine answer.
 As I far as I’m aware Patchell joined us as he wished to play at 10 and Anscombe was occupying that spot. Neither Tyler Morgan or Angus O’Brien we’re promising academy products, but were  out of favour at the Dragons. I fully understand players such as Mike Phillips leaving us when Dwayne Peel was our first choice scrum half, or for that matter Josh Turnbull as he wanted to play at 6. I have a huge amount of time for Josh and was very disappointed when he left us. It’s a bit ironic that he’s played across the back five with distinction during his time with the Blues.
I’m totally unimpressed when a group of parasites set out their objective as picking off Academy Products from other regions.
Why are you using the word parasite for? It’s over the top. This is professional sport. They are entitled to attempt to sign any player that’s out of contract. We’ve done the same in the past 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 10:52pm

Genuine answer.
Why are you using the word parasite for? It’s over the top. This is professional sport. They are entitled to attempt to sign any player that’s out of contract. We’ve done the same in the past 
With due respect this is an open forum and I’m entitled to use any term I choose  as long as it’s not obscene. You are of course free to express your opinion on my comments. I respect people’s right to express their opinions whilst frequently not agreeing with them.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:12pm
Ok Rob, I’ll bite. I worked as an accountant for a successful leisure company. I was good at my job & I was headhunted by a different  company who offered me a role. My employer, at the time offered me slightly better terms which I rejected. Does that make my new (& current employers) parasites? No, it doesn’t. It’s the labour market. 

Edited by Fscarlet - 08 April 2021 at 11:15pm
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2021 at 11:13pm

Scavenge? Parasites? Come on, I understand your frustration probably intensified by our recent big loss to Sale , but these words are not  proportional words for outlining circumstances involving two clubs and young men on modest wages who are free to look for new local work and in their view, to better their career prospects. We can’t keep everyone and as we need to cut our player base the club has to really focus on who it wants to retain. We shall have some good news no doubt in the coming weeks do let’s move on . 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic