Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOsian Knott

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by Rob Hunt Rob Hunt wrote:

In the light of this and Jac Morgan’s departure should we consider disbanding our academy and use the money we save to scavenge the most promising products produced by the other regions? 

You want to disband it because two players have gone. Bonkers. 

My tongue was in my cheek when I posted. 
Sponsored Links

Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 11:52am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by Captain Captain wrote:

So your basing quality of coaching on non playing of Asquith. The last 2/3 coaches did not constantly pick him, so they were poor as well?

I am really bored with this narrative now. 
I'm basing the quality of coaching on the style of play that's been delivered this season with teams taking the field like strangers,if your bored with the narrative then don't read them and don't feed them by posting,and given the amount of injuries this season the omission of asquith is baffling.

You totally missed the point. Your quote was he poor coach by his continued non selection is Asquith. This is a non starter as even a discussion. If he was a regular player I would accept but he has never been. 
I like him as a player. A very useful squad player but that is that. 

We have about 4 or 5 threads about Delaney out in some form or another, we do not need anymore. You can have opinion about it but keep it to the correct thread. 

You nor any other members can influence this, only the board can. So unless you become a board member keep it to one thread that I do not read anymore, so I can happily read others without see the same boring narrative 

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:05pm

So your basing quality of coaching on non playing of Asquith. The last 2/3 coaches did not constantly pick him, so they were poor as well?

I'm basing the quality of coaching on the style of play that's been delivered this season with teams taking the field like strangers,if your bored with the narrative then don't read them and don't feed them by posting,and given the amount of injuries this season the omission of asquith is baffling.

You totally missed the point. Your quote was he poor coach by his continued non selection is Asquith. This is a non starter as even a discussion. If he was a regular player I would accept but he has never been. 

We have about 4 or 5 threads about Delaney out in some form or another, we do not need anymore. You can have opinion about it but keep it to the correct thread. 

You nor any other members can influence this, only the board can. So unless you become a board member keep it to one thread that I do not read anymore, so I can happily read others without see the same boring narrative 

you have also missed the point also as you said the coaches don't see him as an elite player when he hasn't started a game under them,asquith hasn't always been a starter in previous seasons but what was in front of him was streets better than this season and given the lack of creativity this year he should have been starting,i remember him digging us out of a hole at home to the italian side in europe the year we got to the semi finals,and when did you become lord and master of what and where people can post? i hope that's in the right thread.
matt_george View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Freddy The Turk Freddy The Turk wrote:

Never seen the guy play and if I have seen him play he hasn't stood out for me.  I suspect most on here being extremely negative are probably in the same boat. Finding it difficult to get too caught up in the doom and gloom about this one. Hope he does well and makes it though.

This. Yes, he's had a few injuries, but you'd think he'd have broken through by now if he was really that good. Shame to see him go, and of course the Ospreys factor adds fuel to the fire, but we move on with what we've got. 

On a slight tangent, is Ioan Nicholas still around, as another young centre prospect?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:26pm
Ioan got a new 2 year deal, hes got an ankle injury at mo
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:31pm
I wonder when the Scarlets announce it, whether there will be a 6 page thread on the loss of Cassiem - a player who has become a fans favourite.... though because he isn't going to the Liberty I doubt there will be.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I wonder when the Scarlets announce it, whether there will be a 6 page thread on the loss of Cassiem - a player who has become a fans favourite.... though because he isn't going to the Liberty I doubt there will be.

Yes. The Ospreys fascination. There’s a preconception they’ve taken dozens of our academy players. I’d love to see a list. I bet it’ll be a short one. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:51pm

Yes. The Ospreys fascination. There’s a preconception they’ve taken dozens of our academy players. I’d love to see a list. I bet it’ll be a short one. 

Also I bet if we were to sign one of their academy it would be seen as a coup by folk on here.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:52pm

Also I bet if we were to sign one of their academy it would be seen as a coup by folk on here.

Lets not forget that last season we signed Morgan Jones & Sam Costelow from the Tigers academy. It happens folks - its called professional sport. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Ioan got a new 2 year deal, hes got an ankle injury at mo

I was wondering about Ioan as Pivac played him several times in the first time but it went quiet on him after Wayne left and we had some negative whinging about him not being good enough on Scarlets forums which I thought were the unacceptable. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Lets not forget that last season we signed Morgan Jones & Sam Costelow from the Tigers academy. It happens folks - its called professional sport. 

So are we parasites?LOL
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 1:10pm

you have also missed the point also as you said the coaches don't see him as an elite player when he hasn't started a game under them,asquith hasn't always been a starter in previous seasons but what was in front of him was streets better than this season and given the lack of creativity this year he should have been starting,i remember him digging us out of a hole at home to the italian side in europe the year we got to the semi finals,and when did you become lord and master of what and where people can post? i hope that's in the right thread.

I have not missed the point, you have just changed the narrative to you agenda. Going back to your sly digs then. I have never said I am lord and master of what people post, just posted a fact that people bring up the same drivel on every different topic when it clearly is not necessary. You however think you can try and belittle posters. Nothing new there. 

I never said anything about Asquith ability, just what I observe from all the other coaches preferences. I said I like him as a player, but he is a squad player, you cannot deny that. 

Rob Hunt View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 1:13pm
English Premiership clubs are able to pick up Welsh youngsters and offer them private education. Louis Rees Zammit was picked up by Gloucester and attended Hartpury for example.
Within Wales the regions are restricted to players within the region. The only region that could have signed him were his home region, the Blues. Similarly I believe that Costello’s is from the Bridgend area so would only have been available to the Ospreys. We wouldn’t have been allowed to offer either a player a scholarship to Llandovery College, as we did with George North.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 1:25pm

Absolutely a massive blow to hear of Osian suffering such serious injuries, I have seen the lad play over the past 3 seasons , had the potential to be a star . I just wonder did he have a medical ? before signing for them .

With regards the Scarlets developed players at the Os ,it is not a shortlist . Dan Evans, North, Scott, Osian, Rhodri Jones, Ifan Phillips, Sam Parry,Gareth Thomas and now Jac Morgan . That his not forgetting the likes of Barry Davies, Aled Davies,Barrie Williams, Rob McCusker and possibly Lee Byrne ,who was developed by the Scarlets after joining  from Bridgend Athletic .

With regards Morgan Jones he  been here for 4 seasons now, Costelow , Harry Williams, the O' Connor brothers, Morgan Macrae, Harry Breeze and Carwyn , they have all joined us from the Exiles programme, and are Welsh qualified   . Not forgetting there all Welsh qualified . So none have joined from other Welsh Regions .
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 1:32pm
Jeffreys is from the ospreys isnt he? So was prydie? The likes of kelly  knoyle owens pitman and brew all started with ospreys and played for us over the years haven’t they? Didn’t  barry williams join neath from llandovery or he play here first?

Edited by RR1972 - 09 April 2021 at 1:33pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2021 at 1:44pm
Young players are going to move between regions, a lot of these players have been with the regions academies since they were in secondary school. It is only natural that they might fancy a change of scenery & feel like they want to switch regions. Who knows Knott is only on a 2 year deal across the water, there is a chance that he could come back in a couple of years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic