Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boris Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 110>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2022 at 3:13pm
Looks like the Tories are wheeling out their long expected destruction of the BBC in an attempt to distract the public. 

Sponsored Links

dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2022 at 10:17pm
While I don’t believe it word for word, this insight on Carrie Johnson’s influence over Boris Johnson is revealing https://twitter.com/grantfeller/status/1482714077222866948?s=21

When the definitive history of Boris Johnson comes to be written, I believe that examining
his loss of Marina Wheeler in 2019 after 27 years of marriage, will be seen as the beginning
of Boris's personal downfall.
'The barrister and mother of his four children was Boris's anchor and consigliere. Wise and
steely, 'Marina's Magic provided the substance and emotional interpretation of his life.
Fearlessly, she dispensed home truths to her disloyal husband. Marina tolerated so much but
his secret affair with Carrie Symonds was one act of treachery too many. Once she filed for
divorce, the unseen collapse of the Johnson dynasty was a metaphor for Johnson's
premiership.
When Boris headed for a brief holiday to Mustique in January 2020 with Carrie Symonds, a
31 year old party-loving former Tory party publicist, Boris thought he could be pretty
certain of ten years in Downing Street. Yet his careless reporting about the financing of that
£15,000 Caribbean holiday signaled that the prime minister's rule defying life-style would
be the seeds of his downfall. While Marina corrected and compensated for Boris's
weaknesses, Carrie appears to have been oblivious to his fatal flaws.
The first sign of Boris's loss of a life-saving 'mothering' wife was when he caught Covid.
Carrie moved out. Alone in the Downing Street flat without adequate food and critically,
proper medical attention, Boris nearly died. After Carrie returned, Wilfred, his sixth child
was born. As a modern mother, Carrie expected the prime minister to act as a modern
father and to change the baby's nappies. The result was an exhausted politician in need of
home comforts and regular square meals.
Then followed Carrie's redecoration of their Downing Street flat. Astonishingly, she failed to
check whether Boris personally could fund her extravagant taste. Asked to explain the
financing, Boris's answer was, to say the least, inaccurate. The Mustique affair should have
been his warning but Boris, like his father, has surprisingly shown an inability to learn from
his mistakes. He dug his own grave then just as he would later by adopting Carrie's
unreasonable passion for animals and the environment.
Fatally, Boris failed to realise that Carrie was politically unsophisticated. Her interference
was provoking widespread resentment within Downing Street. Boris's failure to stop her fatal
fight with Dominic Cummings to impose Allegra Stratton as the prime minister's
spokeswoman exposed Boris's own weaknesses. Allowing Carrie to participate in that
decision, let alone win against Cummings who was proven to be right, has unleashed
Cummings's vengeance against a woman he calls 'Princess Nut Nut.
https://twitter.com/exile_podcast?lang=en
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2022 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by dyniol53 dyniol53 wrote:

While I don’t believe it word for word, this insight on Carrie Johnson’s influence over Boris Johnson is revealing https://twitter.com/grantfeller/status/1482714077222866948?s=21

When the definitive history of Boris Johnson comes to be written, I believe that examining
his loss of Marina Wheeler in 2019 after 27 years of marriage, will be seen as the beginning
'The barrister and mother of his four children was Boris's anchor and consigliere. Wise and
steely, 'Marina's Magic provided the substance and emotional interpretation of his life.
Fearlessly, she dispensed home truths to her disloyal husband. Marina tolerated so much but
his secret affair with Carrie Symonds was one act of treachery too many. Once she filed for
divorce, the unseen collapse of the Johnson dynasty was a metaphor for Johnson's
premiership.
When Boris headed for a brief holiday to Mustique in January 2020 with Carrie Symonds, a
31 year old party-loving former Tory party publicist, Boris thought he could be pretty
certain of ten years in Downing Street. Yet his careless reporting about the financing of that
£15,000 Caribbean holiday signaled that the prime minister's rule defying life-style would
be the seeds of his downfall. While Marina corrected and compensated for Boris's
The first sign of Boris's loss of a life-saving 'mothering' wife was when he caught Covid.
Carrie moved out. Alone in the Downing Street flat without adequate food and critically,
proper medical attention, Boris nearly died. After Carrie returned, Wilfred, his sixth child
was born. As a modern mother, Carrie expected the prime minister to act as a modern
father and to change the baby's nappies. The result was an exhausted politician in need of
Then followed Carrie's redecoration of their Downing Street flat. Astonishingly, she failed to
check whether Boris personally could fund her extravagant taste. Asked to explain the
financing, Boris's answer was, to say the least, inaccurate. The Mustique affair should have
been his warning but Boris, like his father, has surprisingly shown an inability to learn from
his mistakes. He dug his own grave then just as he would later by adopting Carrie's
Fatally, Boris failed to realise that Carrie was politically unsophisticated. Her interference
was provoking widespread resentment within Downing Street. Boris's failure to stop her fatal
spokeswoman exposed Boris's own weaknesses. Allowing Carrie to participate in that
decision, let alone win against Cummings who was proven to be right, has unleashed
While there can, and probably should, be criticism of the role Carrie has played in recent government decisions that piece was a load of sexist nonsense - see the complaint of Boris having to change nappies, “need of home comforts and a regular square meal”, and “mothering wife”. In fact the whole piece reeked of blaming the wife for the husband’s faults. When even Dominic Cummings felt the need to defend Carrie you know the article is disingenuous and misleading to say the least. I’ll just repeat what I said at the start - there is plenty to criticise Carrie for, but this article evokes a 1950s version of a housewife and is wildly misleading in many of its criticisms.  
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2022 at 11:30pm
Yeah that’s all dated an embarrassing, but the portrait it paints of a 27 years married man who has an affair, gets divorced and then marries his mistress and fawns over her with expensive holidays, decor and even elaborate festivals (COP26) on her pet interests - explains a lot to me. And it’s tragic we’re all caught up in it 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2022 at 11:35pm

Yeah that’s all dated an embarrassing, but the portrait it paints of a 27 years married man who has an affair, gets divorced and then marries his mistress and fawns over her with expensive holidays, decor and even elaborate festivals (COP26) on her pet interests - explains a lot to me. And it’s tragic we’re all caught up in it 

Trouble is that he's symptomatic of the State that created him. And I'm sure you all know what I think is the solution to that.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2022 at 7:49am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

premiership.
While there can, and probably should, be criticism of the role Carrie has played in recent government decisions that piece was a load of sexist nonsense - see the complaint of Boris having to change nappies, “need of home comforts and a regular square meal”, and “mothering wife”. In fact the whole piece reeked of blaming the wife for the husband’s faults. When even Dominic Cummings felt the need to defend Carrie you know the article is disingenuous and misleading to say the least. I’ll just repeat what I said at the start - there is plenty to criticise Carrie for, but this article evokes a 1950s version of a housewife and is wildly misleading in many of its criticisms.  
Yes I agree and it makes Boris out to be some sort of victim in all of this. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 10:33am
With the rebelling of the 30 or so "ethical" Conservative MPs, that is those willing to condemn his lies (well, now. They were very happy to pose for photos with him to get elected in 2019), Johnson is now a puppet of the hard libertarian right within his party as they can end him whenever they want. Not that he had any policies or vision anyway, but this lot certainly do.

It's truly terrible the direction we're heading in (they are literally trying to outlaw protesting and introducing random stop and searching FFS) and next in line could be even worse because they are almost certainly going to be more competent than Johnson, as being less so is impossible. 

I think if it wasn't for devolution I'd seriously be considering leaving the UK. 
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 12:46pm
Boris is not capable of running a fruit and veg shop. The man is a sick joke, with absolutely no redeeming features nor qualities or morals to fall back on. Im no fan of his wife either who also attended these illegal parties and was clearly involved in the downing street revamp. Husbands and wives of leaders and politicians should have zero involvement in the running of government or government meetings. Dennis thatcher had the right idea and kept his nose out. Lets hope they find enough tory rebels with the backbone to oust this clown. Though I cant see any obvious replacements? Rushi or savid or cleverly? who else is there? Surely labour, the libs and the national parties can surmount a challenge over the next 2 years and finally give us a better government. Albeit a likely coallition. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

With the rebelling of the 30 or so "ethical" Conservative MPs, that is those willing to condemn his lies (well, now. They were very happy to pose for photos with him to get elected in 2019), Johnson is now a puppet of the hard libertarian right within his party as they can end him whenever they want. Not that he had any policies or vision anyway, but this lot certainly do.

It's truly terrible the direction we're heading in (they are literally trying to outlaw protesting and introducing random stop and searching FFS) and next in line could be even worse because they are almost certainly going to be more competent than Johnson, as being less so is impossible. 

I think if it wasn't for devolution I'd seriously be considering leaving the UK. 

They're coming for devolution too. They long ago stopped being Unionists. They are out and out British Nationalists, and it's a one size fits all Anglo-culture with the Tories deeply embedded in a hard right State at that. They are looking to kill off the last vestiges of the post war settlement post haste. They believe in ultra-competition and sod the people at the bottom. Conservative is the wrong name for them. Radical right-wing Anglo-British Nationalists is the accurate label.

Edited by totallybiasedscarlet - 19 January 2022 at 1:16pm
dyniol53 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dyniol53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 2:11pm

Famously libertarian policies LOL
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 2:24pm
Almost all restrictions in England lifted from today. That’s the actions of a pm who wants to save his arse not a pm going on scientific advise. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 3:02pm

Famously libertarian policies LOL

Hah, quite. Not for me to defend their hypocrisy however!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Almost all restrictions in England lifted from today. That’s the actions of a pm who wants to save his arse not a pm going on scientific advise. 
Correct
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

They're coming for devolution too. They long ago stopped being Unionists. They are out and out British Nationalists, and it's a one size fits all Anglo-culture with the Tories deeply embedded in a hard right State at that. They are looking to kill off the last vestiges of the post war settlement post haste. They believe in ultra-competition and sod the people at the bottom. Conservative is the wrong name for them. Radical right-wing Anglo-British Nationalists is the accurate label.

They only believe in competition when their side has a head start and they have everything going for them. Boris and his Eton old boys government couldn't give a damn for the rest -they can deliver pizza or do some other third world activity if they don't want to sleep on the streets.
But Boris is not a class traitor - he is doing what his class wants. On the other hand Sir Keir will run the economy in exactly the same way and therefore is a class traitor.
So totallybiased I'm totally with you on this - Welsh independence is our best bet.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2022 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

They only believe in competition when their side has a head start and they have everything going for them. Boris and his Eton old boys government couldn't give a damn for the rest -they can deliver pizza or do some other third world activity if they don't want to sleep on the streets.
But Boris is not a class traitor - he is doing what his class wants. On the other hand Sir Keir will run the economy in exactly the same way and therefore is a class traitor.
So totallybiased I'm totally with you on this - Welsh independence is our best bet.

What frustrates me about Labour is that they appear to have done very little to challange the embedded political establishment of the UK. They seem content to merely occupy positions of power. They seem to merely keep the seat warm for the Tories who consistently undo the superficial changes Labour bring in. Even the more significant changes like the NHS are being picked apart. We will never see things get better in Wales until we take our political power away from Westminster and use it ourselves to rebuild Wales. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2022 at 3:34pm
tory mp accuses johnsons govt of blackmailing fellow tory mps to back bojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PT6vR_Ff7U
bojo claims hes seen no evidence? really bojo? just like you didnt see any of your own rules or party invites to the endless parties? 
no wonder this cocky clown thinks he will get away with anything, with the police in his pocket and the parliament whips out of control, he will do anything to cling to power, anything apart from doing his job properly

Edited by roy munster - 20 January 2022 at 3:34pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 110>
  Share Topic