Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boris Johnson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 110>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2022 at 11:04pm
https://twitter.com/liamthorpecho/status/1523775907290558464?s=21&t=HZtduiiA5vUWaGWFq6Quww
I know I haven’t exactly been glowing about the Daily Mail in the past but this takes the p**s even by their standards! If it wasn’t so serious it’d be hilarious. 
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2022 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

https://twitter.com/liamthorpecho/status/1523775907290558464?s=21&t=HZtduiiA5vUWaGWFq6Quww
I know I haven’t exactly been glowing about the Daily Mail in the past but this takes the p**s even by their standards! If it wasn’t so serious it’d be hilarious. 

The same paper that has been running Beergate on its front page for at least 8 consecutive day.

I found the link in a Zoe Williams column in the Graun for full credit.

In fairness, it's interesting that the DM online is evolving to be a different version of the printed version, I assume due to editorial differences.

So much of the stuff in our papers is complete crap though, yes including the Guardian before that gets thrown at me by certain completely unbiased posters.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 1:45pm
boris making some big promises in sweden and finland, more broken promises he cant afford?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

boris making some big promises in sweden and finland, more broken promises he cant afford?

Like the ones on the side of the Brexit Bus. LOL
Keep the faith
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 4:11pm
Yes, unfortunately he’s made a pretty good job of/and forged a career out of persuading people with promises that he knows he can’t afford or are impossible to achieve.  
Sadly for a lot of people, he manages to pull it off, only for people to later realise that they have be duped by him.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:39am
Funny, thought the Daily Mail liked pictures of politicians holding alcohol at events they say weren't parties. Yet they are the only paper along with the Sun not to feature the shocking revelation that Johnson may not have quite told the whole truth about social gatherings at no 10 during lockdowns. 

To those saying it's trivial... first of all lockdown during a pandemic was not. It was an essential restriction to combat something that was killing people. Second, it really doesn't look good those that make the laws having no respect for them. And finally, there is the now small now fact that Johnson has lied repeatedly over this - including in the HoC - means there is no trust for our own PM and his sycophantic excuse-mongers spouting the ludicrous to try and get him off the hook. Raab stating the police shouldn't investigate crimes in the past was my favourite.

And then it's emerging Johnson has been in contact with Gray to try and get her to abandon her report.

Johnson and his Government are absolutely corrupt and it's amazing the UK isn't angrier about it. People are just tolerating this why?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 11:47am
So Bojo isn’t going to receive any more fixed penalty fines for the parties in Westminster (sorry I meant to say works meetings).  These meetings took place in his house, he seemed to be enjoying these works meetings (with plenty of booze) by the look of the photograph released in the media, whilst the lesser important civil servants who attended these meetings were fined (some several times).
This just shows the MET for the corrupt police force that they are.  Following the fallout of the Cressida Dick fiasco, all the people in the higher roles are there in interim positions, so they are not going to risk annoying the Tory government, who will undoubtedly have an influence on any permanent positions at the top of the MET.  They have yet again made fools of themselves.
It’s been embarrassing seeing Tory MPs and backbenchers for months saying “wait for the Sue Grey report “, then “wait for the outcome of the met investigation” then “wait for the Sue Grey report” and the new one now is “wait for the parliamentary standards investigation” as to whether he misled the parliament about the parties (sorry, works meetings).
Their issue is that they know that there is no credible leader within the Tory party so it’s beater the devil you know.  However, they run the risk of losing their livelihoods if the back him for too long and lose the electorate.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 1:56pm
"No credible alternative"  disagree, they are all more credible than a lying show pony.
Keep the faith
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

"No credible alternative"  disagree, they are all more credible than a lying show pony.

Fair enough, a few months ago Sunak would have been a nailed on replacement, but his credibility has been shot due to his handling of the current financial crisis and his own wealth and his wife’s non-dom status.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Fair enough, a few months ago Sunak would have been a nailed on replacement, but his credibility has been shot due to his handling of the current financial crisis and his own wealth and his wife’s non-dom status.
All the credible alternatives either left or were kicked out in order to get Brexit done.  Rory Stewart for instance would have been an excellent PM.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 5:21pm
it's very depressing.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 9:42pm
Even more revelations today that these parties were a fixed weekly event at 4pm, 30/40 odd staff having some bevvies in number 10, some sitting on others peoples laps, some even staying overnight...Boris snapped again downing some shots too....Its like some student union doss house....So the party was in these rooms, meanwhile in the front room the PM , hancock (who was also busy breaking his own rules with his personal assistant and selling off covid contracts to passers by) and co spouted their rules and laws to the masses...There were 126 fines before this and Boris claimed they dodnt break any rules?.Its no wonder they both looked like they were tying to supress laughing at us....Meanwhile the met police failue to notice these endless parties and 126 rule breaks for 2 years tells us exactly who they work for

Edited by roy munster - 24 May 2022 at 9:44pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 2:56pm
So the Sue grey report was released yesterday.
Bojo made a pitiful attempt at apologising (which lasted all of 30 seconds) and even then he couldn’t accept that he had done nothing wrong (more sinned against than sinner) and then turned his rhetoric to “let’s move on” and “l have a job to do”.
Unfortunately for him, this tory party has been more interested in saving their leader, defending the indefensible, to actually deal with the real issues.  This has led to this government being paralysed to help.
Also families of the 175k people who died of covid can’t just move on.
His “oven ready” Brexit deal is now no longer fit for purpose and he want to ripe it up.  His fight with the EU over it (with his usual rhetoric of “it’s not my fault, it’s them to blame”) has led to a standstill in Northern Ireland and is also running the risk of us sleepwalking into a trade war with our biggest market as well as risking any hope of a free trade deal with the USA.
Maybe I’m a little cynical but the announcement by the chancellor this afternoon of a windfall tax on the oil companies (such a big u-turn I could hear the screeching of tyres from west wales) was an attempt to try and bury the Sue Grey report, although Tory ministers today stated that this u-turn was planned to take place today before Sue Grey announced that she’d completed her report.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

So the Sue grey report was released yesterday.
Bojo made a pitiful attempt at apologising (which lasted all of 30 seconds) and even then he couldn’t accept that he had done nothing wrong (more sinned against than sinner) and then turned his rhetoric to “let’s move on” and “l have a job to do”.
Unfortunately for him, this tory party has been more interested in saving their leader, defending the indefensible, to actually deal with the real issues.  This has led to this government being paralysed to help.
Also families of the 175k people who died of covid can’t just move on.
His “oven ready” Brexit deal is now no longer fit for purpose and he want to ripe it up.  His fight with the EU over it (with his usual rhetoric of “it’s not my fault, it’s them to blame”) has led to a standstill in Northern Ireland and is also running the risk of us sleepwalking into a trade war with our biggest market as well as risking any hope of a free trade deal with the USA.
Maybe I’m a little cynical but the announcement by the chancellor this afternoon of a windfall tax on the oil companies (such a big u-turn I could hear the screeching of tyres from west wales) was an attempt to try and bury the Sue Grey report, although Tory ministers today stated that this u-turn was planned to take place today before Sue Grey announced that she’d completed her report.

I told my wife yesterday morning that sunak would announce a windfall tax which take all the attention away from the low life lying scumbags that pass as the tory party,Angry
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 4:05pm
Cynical and snidey but still a wise move. Bojo is an oaf  but he is a cunning one . Partygate is pretty much in the rear view mirror after this

Edited by RR1972 - 26 May 2022 at 4:06pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Cynical and snidey but still a wise move. Bojo is an oaf  but he is a cunning one . Partygate is pretty much in the rear view mirror after this

I’m pleased that Sunak announced this u- turn this afternoon, some peoples position is getting desperate, it’s like he’s been holding it back in order to try and bury the Sue Grey report.
However, I’m not a betting man but I certainly wouldn’t bet on partygate being in the rear view mirror - remember, he has now got to go before the parliamentary standards commission and prove that he didn’t mislead parliament (intentionally).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9596979899 110>
  Share Topic