Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Departing Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
globetrotter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote globetrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 7:46pm
Has he ? Rarely played from what I remember. Either with Team Wales or injured by Team Wales.
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 7:08pm
I don’t have a problem with Jake leaving, he can play wherever he likes he’s not the youngest anymore and Japan now makes sense rugby and wallet-wise. But it does contradict the whole going home to be with the family take. But each to their own, only he knows whats best for him, left a massive whole in the team thats for sure.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Don’t they have pre season traning? plus quarantine  times?  You can put it this way it’s like one of us leaving a job in oz to spend more time with a family in west wales but taking a job in south africa. Anyhow this is going round in circles , have a good weekend everyone

It's just like that yeah. 
If the job in in SA from (let's say mid Jan inc pre season) to end May instead of July to end of May.

10 months vs 5. Which one would leave me more time to spend with family? I just can't work it out?🤔

You have a good weekend too. Wink

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 5:16pm
Don’t they have pre season traning? plus quarantine  times?  You can put it this way it’s like one of us leaving a job in oz to spend more time with a family in west wales but taking a job in south africa. Anyhow this is going round in circles , have a good weekend everyone

Edited by RR1972 - 03 September 2021 at 5:58pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 5:14pm
Starts in Feb, ends in May.
That’s 4 months, leaving 8 months to spend with family.🤷‍♂️
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 5:00pm
I haven’t really have i? Would you move somewhere that is a 12?hour plus flight from home to be nearer your family? The japanese season is getting shorter by the hour on here first was 5 months now it is four months? If he had gone to play in oz then that would be a diff matter

Edited by RR1972 - 03 September 2021 at 5:03pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 4:54pm

Look no matter which way people try and frame this, his family moved to perth. The reason he gave for  going was to be close to his family  and his wifes family . He has moved to japan some 13 hours flight from perth . Those two facts don’t really stack up, if you can’t see then fair enough. Stuff like he is on a similar time line for  phone calls is a serious reach in fairness.  I’d wager jake has had more money to go a less physical league with a shorter season , i for one don’t blame him at all, plus the added benefit of more time off in the off season to spend with his family, good luck to him i say
You contradict yourself a bit there, surely? It's like a 4 month season in Japan isn't it?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 2:57pm
You can think what you like that’s your perogative. I can think what i like that is mine. I’m sure part of the appeal is he gets to see more of his family. I’m also sure part of the appeal is a big pay cheque for less rugby in a less physical league . I think it’s a bit niave to think otherwise but everyone is entitled to his or her view on the matter and i respect that
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 2:03pm

Look no matter which way people try and frame this, his family moved to perth. The reason he gave for  going was to be close to his family  and his wifes family . He has moved to japan some 13 hours flight from perth . Those two facts don’t really stack up, if you can’t see then fair enough. I’d wager jake has had more money to go a less physical league with a shorter season , i for one don’t blame him at all, plus the added benefit of more time off in the off season to spend with his family, good luck to him i say
At no point did he say that he would be staying in Perth 12 months a year. You seem to have made that leap yourself. He cited family reasons for leaving, and he will undeniably be able to see far, far more of his family by playing for a Japanese club than if he had decided to renew his contract here. All international players have to cope with lengthy periods away from their families, but I think it’s pretty poor to insinuate that Ball was lying when he expressed that 11 months away is too much for him. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 12:53pm
Look no matter which way people try and frame this, his family moved to perth. The reason he gave for  going was to be close to his family  and his wifes family . He has moved to japan some 13 hours flight from perth . Those two facts don’t really stack up, if you can’t see then fair enough. Stuff like he is on a similar time line for  phone calls is a serious reach in fairness.  I’d wager jake has had more money to go a less physical league with a shorter season , i for one don’t blame him at all, plus the added benefit of more time off in the off season to spend with his family, good luck to him i say

Edited by RR1972 - 03 September 2021 at 2:00pm
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 11:26am

No one has begrudged him anything. All we are saying is he moved to be with his family in oz but he has actually ended up going to japan. 

Also aus has major quarantine laws and you can’t just fly over to japan for 5 months then fly back
They require 2 weeks quarantine in a hotel. Another reason to leave here. That quarantine is more palatable when you can then spend a few months at home rather than just a couple of weeks before flying back to the UK for pre-season. 
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 10:54am

No one has begrudged him anything. All we are saying is he moved to be with his family in oz but he has actually ended up going to japan.  Ok i dare say his wife and kids can go to japan with him (as they could have come to the uk) but i doubt his in laws and all her family and friends have. Also aus has major quarantine laws and you can’t just fly over to japan for 5 months then fly back At least he moved as far as japan, finau told a similar tale and only made it as far as bath. Like i said no hard feelings i wish him and his family well. Top player and always comes acrosd as a nice fella

Ancient history now, but Salesi never wanted to leave, he was told he’d never play for the club again so agreed a release. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 9:47am
No one has begrudged him anything. All we are saying is he moved to be with his family in oz but he has actually ended up going to japan.  Ok i dare say his wife and kids can go to japan with him (as they could have come to the uk) but i doubt his in laws and all her family and friends have. Also aus has major quarantine laws and you can’t just fly over to japan for 5 months then fly back At least he moved as far as japan, finau told a similar tale and only made it as far as bath. Like i said no hard feelings i wish him and his family well. Top player and always comes acrosd as a nice fella

Edited by RR1972 - 03 September 2021 at 10:06am
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 9:44am
Good luck to Jake deserves to earn good money and have quality time with family gave up a lot to play for us and gave his all when he did play. Will always be remembered as a very good Scarlet. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 8:42am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Who says his family will not join him in Japan for 5 months? Its his life for goodness sake. Covid totally changed lives for many and Jake has nothing but my support for his decisions.
Clap
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2021 at 7:43am
Who says his family will not join him in Japan for 5 months? Its his life for goodness sake. Covid totally changed lives for many and Jake has nothing but my support for his decisions.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic