Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Departing Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bys Meri Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 8:27pm
Interesting clip here of our non-Welsh contingent (all of them departing as it happens) trying to pronounce Welsh sayings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk43sez3lEU  ;

Good to see them making an effort to use Welsh and some of them sound as if they've 'gone native' over the years! Shame to see them go because the likes of Asquith, Homer, Kennedy, Cassiem will add a lot to any team.
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Tony Clifton Tony Clifton wrote:

Beyond disappointed that Kennedy and Asquith are leaving. Far better than others who stuck around. Thanks for all the folks leaving have given us.
Who are they better than out of interest?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:46am
i would say asquith is better than steff hughes for certain and the way foxey has played for us he has played better than him when hes had a chance

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:52am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

i would say asquith is better than steff hughes for certain and the way foxey has played for us he has played better than him when hes had a chance

Foxy looked better on the weekend but one swallow doesn't make a summer & all that. I'm gutted about Asquith, such a classy player.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:25am
Unpopular opinion here but Asquith has benefited from playing to his strenghts against tiring defences when coming from the bench. Other than that, he was nothing more than a good club player and certainly not a starter, of which we have a few. Yet the board seems enamoured with him.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 8:32am
Pretty pointless exercise comparing departing & retained players. I wish all 12 the very best for their futures. The life of a professional rugby player is a pretty tough one. For sure the benefits can be very good but for those outside the elite you are only ever working on a two year window of employment which I am sure can be very stressful with the ever present prospect of an injury round the corner. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:21am
Not that his class was ever in doubt but I set a quick message via Instagram to Cassiem, as I know a couple of mates have, to say "sad to see you go etc" & he has replied to every message sent to him.

Leegend.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

https://www.scarlets.wales/article/scarlets-make-presentations-to-departing-players/

Jake Ball
Werner Kruger
Paul Asquith
Uzair Cassiem
Dylan Evans
Ed Kennedy
Tom Phillips
Jac Morgan
Osian Knott
Pieter Scholtz
Joe Miles
Will Homer
If this is the final list of leavers, I think we're due some contract renewal announcements for Marc Jones, Rawlins and Cubby soon? Unless they've signed 4 year contracts at the time Confused
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 2:38pm

https://www.scarlets.wales/article/scarlets-make-presentations-to-departing-players/

Jake Ball
Werner Kruger
Paul Asquith
Uzair Cassiem
Dylan Evans
Ed Kennedy
Tom Phillips
Jac Morgan
Osian Knott
Pieter Scholtz
Joe Miles
Will Homer
If this is the final list of leavers, I think we're due some contract renewal announcements for Marc Jones, Rawlins and Cubby soon? Unless they've signed 4 year contracts at the time Confused

There's a re-signing being announced imminently. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 3:36pm
There are a couple of departures to come. Just my view.

Edited by Wil Chips - 18 May 2021 at 3:36pm
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I wonder how much more Foxy and Halfpenny have left in the tank. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 4:20pm
I believe that Foxy and HP are both part of the welsh 38 elite players scheme, so as long as the WRU are picking up the majority of their wages they will remain with us.  I don’t believe that they have much more left in the tank (as this season has proven) so I can foresee them having maybe a season or two left at max.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:13pm

On a pure numbers equation, given we realistically have a couple more new additions to do, I'd say we are likely to lose one or two.

Strange not to announce it at the same time as the others though. Unless we are looking to let go of players still in contract, or someone is moving to a non-playing role.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:18am
Something like that...or they are about to sign for someone else, and it's not completed yet etc.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:36am

Something like that...or they are about to sign for someone else, and it's not completed yet etc.

Anyone in mind Wil? I know the Scarlets came out & said they’re doing something special for Cassiem in the coming weeks so maybe if there are one or two more leavers they’ll be announced closer to that time. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:16am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Anyone in mind Wil? I know the Scarlets came out & said they’re doing something special for Cassiem in the coming weeks so maybe if there are one or two more leavers they’ll be announced closer to that time. 
Didnt realise this re Cassiem. Any clues as to what?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic