Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Departing Players

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Something like that...or they are about to sign for someone else, and it's not completed yet etc.

Anyone in mind Wil? I know the Scarlets came out & said they’re doing something special for Cassiem in the coming weeks so maybe if there are one or two more leavers they’ll be announced closer to that time. 
Didnt realise this re Cassiem. Any clues as to what?

I'm not sure what exactly but the Scarlets replied to someones tweet on the matter.
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:31am
bit concerned on who else could be leaving? we have shed 12 already. 
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

bit concerned on who else could be leaving? we have shed 12 already. 

I guess it depends if we have more incoming really to balance it out. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:40am
Finance dictates in reality. The WRU are being their usual dynamic helpful selves according to Dean Ryan. How can a business expect to plan when they are still unaware of their projected income for next year. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:24am
Cubby and Patch ? They are just faded memories.  How many games have they each played in last two years for the Scarlets ? All very depressing for us and of course them. 

I suspect Taylor Davies as well to Dragons?

Edited by reesytheexile - 19 May 2021 at 10:25am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:36am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Cubby and Patch ? They are just faded memories.  How many games have they each played in last two years for the Scarlets ? All very depressing for us and of course them. 

I suspect Taylor Davies as well to Dragons?

They certainly are, if they overcome their respective issues will they even be close to the players they were?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 1:22pm

Something like that...or they are about to sign for someone else, and it's not completed yet etc.

Anyone in mind Wil? I know the Scarlets came out & said they’re doing something special for Cassiem in the coming weeks so maybe if there are one or two more leavers they’ll be announced closer to that time. 
Why just for Cassiem?? Jake Ball has been a colossus for the Scarlets and Werner Kruger has also been a great servant.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Why just for Cassiem?? Jake Ball has been a colossus for the Scarlets and Werner Kruger has also been a great servant.

Edited by minded - 19 May 2021 at 1:44pm
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 1:54pm

I thought the same. I have a lot of appreciation for Cassiem, we haven't had a player go out of their way to interact with the fans in the way that he has in years. But it's difficult doing something special for one player and not the rest. As you say, Ball and Kruger have been great servants.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 2:07pm

In the pictures they released with it there was pictures with Ball, Kruger, Kennedy and Asquith but not Cassiem. Perhaps all it means is that Cassiem hasn’t had the shirt presentation and they’ll do that individually with him before he leaves? Trying to read in between the lines here because I can’t imagine us doing something for Cassiem that we wouldn’t do for other players. 

Edited by Jones2004 - 19 May 2021 at 2:08pm
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Didnt realise this re Cassiem. Any clues as to what?
SM has made a further request for fans to be allowed in to a game. The Edinburgh game this time
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 3:07pm
Always a sad moment when players leave, especially those who have shown a lot of commitment, or have just had bad luck with injuries (or selector preferences!).

Good luck to all these guys, especially Cassiem.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Always a sad moment when players leave, especially those who have shown a lot of commitment, or have just had bad luck with injuries (or selector preferences!).

Why Cassiem over everyone else?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:36pm
Cassiem cult hero in fairness . Big relationship with the fans
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:52pm

Maybe something to do with departure dates and others going sooner, just guessing

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 1:30pm

Very much a guy who tried to connect with the fans.

I'm not saying anything about the others - there were good reasons for all of them - for example, Jake will be missed the most, but he's absolutely right to want to be with his family. I suppose that of those who could have been kept on, Cassiem is the one I regret the most.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic